Spoiler Disciple of Immortal

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by UnGrave, Jan 9, 2021.

1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/disciple-of-immortal/

Description:
    The so called 『Enjoy the Human Lives Show Humans Sent to Another World With a Cheat』was trending amongst the Gods. Kanbara Kanata, one of the chosen humans ended up incurring the Evil God’s wrath and as a result, was sent to the worst dungeon,《Cocytus》. But, in a place where he was supposed to lose his life, he met Lunaère, a self-proclaimed misanthropic immortal girl. He was saved by her, who then decided to train him ’till he could at least protect himself.

「Master, I think… I’ve become strong enough.」

「It’s Not enough! Erm, outside of this dungeon is a dangerous place you know!」

「Seriously!? More dangerous than this place…」

This is the story of Kanata who was trained by his master, who easily succumbed to loneliness, till he became the greatest hero of legend, and yet was unaware of it.

----------------------------------

So I've been reading ahead in the raws and realized there was no spoiler thread for this, so I'll be dropping some of my findings for chapters beyond the currently translated chapters here I guess. I'd appreciate it if you still do use the spoiler tag on any spoilers you make since I still am reading through it and would like to not see spoilers for things I haven't seen yet, while still having the opportunity to share spoilers here.

I do highly recommend you read this novel at some point, since the translated portions are really good, and the untranslated portions are written fairly simply so it's not too hard to understand it in Japanese. I will be posting spoilers periodically I guess.

BooBoo and SquadCammander354 like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  3. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I suppose I should put some spoilers down I guess. I'm not looking for gramatical correctness here, and I don't really feel like looking up how the TL actually spelled certain names, so forgive me on that much.
    Chapter 53 - The beginning of hell
    Pamela of course get's tricked to go in the mirror and dies a bunch. She get's stronger, but at the cost of major san points.
    Chapter 54 - The result of her sufferings
    Well, Pamela made it to about level 200 ish. She can now stand a bit more time in the mirror without passing out or dying, so that's good.
    Chapter 55 - Raging Iron Cow
    To show off Pamela's growth, they take a quest to fight iron cows. Pamela uses spirit magic (which was unavailable to her inside the mirror) and fricking nukes the poor cow. They are unable to recover proof of subjugation and sit by a tree to take a break when an annoyance shows up.
    Chapter 56 - D Rank Adventurer Octavio & Chapter 57 - Octavio's duel
    Octavio shows up and starts saying some crap about Kanata being a noble playing adventurer while paying off the guild for promotion. Kanata requests that if he loses in a duel with Pamela, he will leave them alone for good. Good quick fight where Pamela just manages to not turn him into charcoal, but then the idiot decides to try sneak attacking her while pretending to surrender so Kanata chops his arm off after having to deal with his crap this whole time.
    Chapter 58 - 《Notes, priest of the evil god》
    Not actually sure how the actual TL did his name, but it's that dude who was mentioned to be nearby earlier. This chapter shows him preparing for a large ritual with the town lord, who he promised to make king of the world or something. All the lord's henchmen are scared of the dude, but the lord can't really back out since Nouts is really strong.
    Chapter 59 - 《Human sacrifice》
    Kanata and Pamela go back to the guild a bit, and note Octavio has fled the city. Then people start screaming outside and when they check it out, the sky is all dark red like in shakugan no shana when they fight inside those barrier things. Anyway, people start collapsing, and Kanata realises that there's a health drain barrier cast on the whole city, that's just barely ticking his HP down a little bit. He tells pamela to go heal people while he goes to look for the one who's casting the health drain barrier on the city since it would be kinda awful to let those kids he saw fall down actually die.
    Chapter 60 - The barrier master
    Kanata goes to the lord's mansion and finds that pretty much everyone is dead inside. He goes into the basement and find's the lord of the city dead next to the evil god priest. They have a short conversation about how Notes is going to summon his god to bring fear upon the world. Classic TV show level thing, since they live in a TV show world after all.
    Chapter 61 - The true power of the Hitomaryuu (how the tl put it, kanji for person, magic, and dragon)
    Notes unleashes his true power, with a level somewhere in the 300's. Kanata dodges around his necromancy a bit before shockingly defeating him. Then the guy realeaves that he actually finished his ritual with the magic he drained from Kanata speeding things along. He then summons his god.
    Chapter 62 - Zorofilia, the god of fear
    Zorofilia the god of fear get's summoned, and Kanata fights it with a fun action scene for the whole chapter.
    Chapter 63 - The heart of dreams
    Kanata appraises Zorofilia and finds that it's race is actually "Heart of dreams". It's level is about 1800. However as he fights it, while contemplating what it is, it's level increases to 2141, so it's clearly gaining in strength. He uses those basic fighting techniques that his master taught him to fight the thing just fine as it transforms. I won't describe what it looks like, so look forward to reading that.
    Chapter 64 - Dream Sand
    As Kanata fights Zorofilia, he looks up the rainbow sand it's leaking and finds out that it's a cool alckemical creation that shapes itself after the users wishes or something like that. It's incomplete so it's uncontrollable though, and it basically copies the strongest thing in the world. Anway, the dragon it was copying for a bit is clearly not the strongest, so it copies Kanata but he beats it anyways before the whole mansion collapses and he escapes.
    Chapter 65 - lost little girl
    So yeah, Zorofilia turned into a little girl. Loli get I suppose. Kanata meets up with Pamela in the guild.
    Chapter 66 - Talk with Pamela
    The townsfolk saw Pamela healing them and stuff (while relying on the miracle drug) and decided that she was the saintess or something. Kanta warns her that people will try to take advantage of her, then her old party member shows up to try taking advantage of her. Guy says that she will party with him since she loves him. She says she's in Kanata's party, then they leave the guild and decide to leave the city since people's perception of elves wont really change with anything else Pamela might do.
    Chapter 67 - In the palm of god's hand (Naiarotopu side)
    That god that sent Kantata to the other world makes plans for his other puppets, when an upper god let's him know that Kanata is running free and was taken in by the lich girl who was too tsundere for him to notice that she wasn't actually evil. This lesser god is now aware of Kanata and intends to kill him as soon as possible, since his life depends on it. Let me know what the TL put that god's name as so I can fix it.

And there's the end of volume 1 of the WN "Disciple of lich". Look forward to spoilers for volume 2, "Spider queen" later maybe. I've read a bit, but I'm taking it a bit slower this time.

BooBoo and Guide1410 like this.
  5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll just switch to brief summaries now I guess rather than specific chapters. Gotta keep this thread up high after all.
    They depart from the previous city to go the the magic city Manrack. Fillia (new loli for of Zorofilia) causes Pamela some stress by hanging over the edge of the carriage to look at some birds. Kanata doesn't worry about it, causing her even more stress.
    Monsters then attack, a bunch of Fang Apes, and Pamela overkills one with fire magic, before accidentally bludgeoning the other one to death with her staff. Kanata praises her a bit which makes Fillia jealous.
    Then a bunch of spiders show up from underground and Fillia get's her turn, summoning her old dragon form from the boss fight to attack the spiders. Kanata tells her to put it away calmly, but all the merchants and adventurers that they were travelling with see the dragon and panic. Kanata goes with the flow and makes it look like Pamela, the Saintess, was the one to summon them since that was what all the adventurers were thinking of. Anyway, that makes Pamela rather upset.
    After that Kanata explains to Pamela who Fillia is, and Pamela decides it's fine to have her around since shes just a cute kid. As they see the city come into view, Kanata reminisces a bit under his breath that Lunaire might like to see the place, which Pamala realises is a female name and inquiers further. She asks him how old his master is, and since it would be bad to say 1000 since that would imply she's a lich, he says 80 which let's Pamela relax. Kanata doesn't really understand what's going on, but is happy Pamela understands...

BooBoo likes this.
  6. Joker13

Joker13 Sleep Deprived Fool[Sheepiest sheep to ever sheep]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

UnGrave likes this.
  7. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to try this too. It seems very interesting. If there really is an English translation I hope to add it to my list.
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

UnGrave likes this.
  8. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a translation up to chapter 54 that uploads weekly. I think the interactions are really fun. :blobmelt:

Isaac20 likes this.
  9. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe... Then I try it definitely. These days I'm upgrading my list. Do you have any link to the translation?

10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Isaac20 likes this.
  11. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's some more spoilers I guess. Not sure when I'm supposed to stop
    Chapter 5 - Magic City of Manalark
    They arrive at the city and Pamela is still getting bombarded with almost worship from all the merchants and adventurers who thing she summoned a dragon. Kanata feels bad for her and apologises repeatedly. Eventually they escape all that and run into (albeit at a distance) a pretty looking blond haired adventurer called Alfred. He goes around boasting about how taking down two red trolls was no big deal, or at least it kinda seemed like he was boasting from the way he was talking. However, when Kanata appraised the dude, he was only level 76 so I guess he really wasn't trying to boast or anything.
    Chapter 6 - Ingredients for Miracle Medicine
    Kanata tells the others that the medicine he's trying to make is the one called "Ether", since it's convenient for training. Since they're in the city known as the paradise for mages, they should probably be able to find the ingredients in that city. Other than demon brain fluid which can be acquired easily from the Cursed Mirror of the Warped World, they only really need to find Spirit Tree (Yggdrasil) Sap and Adamanite, the strongest metal. Poor broken Pamela doesn't refute him in expecting to find legendary grade materials in the city...

Guide1410 likes this.
  12. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7 - Witchring
    They check out a high class shop for Adamantite and the store lady reluctently leads them to a box after Kanata says he's looking for ore. The box has a D rank stone called "Blue Moon" and it's about the size of a coin. Kanata recalls seeing a 10 metre chunk of the stuff in the Labyrinth, so he doesn't think much of it. Before he fully asks about better stones, Fillia says the stone is pretty and says she wants it. Kanata looks at the price and it's really high, which he expresses his shock towards since "It's only Blue Moon." The lady chases them out of the shop.
    Chapter 8 - Magician in Black
    Outside Kanata starts to come to the conclusion that they might not be able to find what they need in the city, and calculates based on the price of the Blue Moon in the shop that the Ether he had been drinking would cost something around 50 million gold coins or something. This causes Pamela to cry a bit as she realises shes been drinking something insanely expensive like it was nothing. This leads Kanata to mention he got it from his master, which leads to Pamela saying something along the lines of how she admires how much he loves that Grandmother. He reflexively says that it's rude to call her a grandmother, which leads to Pamela asking if Kanata has been lying to her about something. Fillia jumps in at the optimal time and expresses her wish to go to a clothing store by pulling Kanata's wrist. Kanata immediately capitalises on this, and ends the discussion there. As they move, Pamela feels a chill and starts shivering for some reason. Then Fillia stops, and looks in the distance at a robed figure with wight skin standing on top of a building before the chapter ends, and I think we all know who this is.
    Chapter 9 - Reunion?
    Well, Fillia immediately launches an attack against the Magician in black robes standing on the building, and then proceeds to get outmanoeuvred and parallelised temporarily. The Magician of unknown identity then runs away really fast, and Kanata chases after them onto a tall wall before losing their trail. Kanata then comes to the conclusion that it probably isn't Lunair, since she wouldn't have any reason to find here out there, and could have just left the labrynth with him if she wanted to travel with him. It must be one of those retired S rank adventures that the fancy blond haired adventurer had mentioned in one of the previous chapters.

My Thoughts:
    Neither Kanata nor the gods themselves can see through the absolute tsundere attribute Lunair is wielding. Any predictions that they could make under normal circumstances will not work with that girl, as her reasoning is beyond immortal fathoming.
    Chapter 10 - The Mythril Cane
    Kanata explains to the other two that the Magician got away, and tells Pamela that they were stronger then him. This further kills her poor common sense, god rest it's soul. Kanata almost decides to just leave the city, but hears some guys talking about the Mythril Cane. Further exposition revealed that the Mythril Cane is a big alchemy group. Kanata asks the guys where he can find them as a final bid to see if he can find any of the materials he's looking for, and the upstanding gentleman there offers to lead him there out of the goodness of his heart.
    Chapter 11 - Out of place
    This chapter depicts Kevin, that helpful gentleman from the previous chapter, guiding Kanata and company to the Mythril Cane. He's giving Pamela a bunch of bad vibes, but Kanata can't bring himself to turn the guy away after Kevin had gone out of his way to lead them. Fillia has fun as usual, and Kevin eventually leads them to a reception desk before stepping back. Kanata concludes the kevin did in fact likely lead them there to harass them or something since that reception desk really doesn't seem like a place the general public is supposed to show up at.
    Chapter 12 - The Magician Garret
    Kevin's joke was the fact that he wanted to see Kanata embarrass himself by trying to get into the Mythil Cane as a third rate magician from nowhere. The minimum requirements to get in are to either have a letter of recommendation from someone powerful or to be at least a B rank adventurer. Since Kanata and Pamela are only C rank, Kanata appoligizes and goes to leave. Bore then, a magician from inside the tower they're in comes out and walks up to Pamela. He says how much of an honour it is to meet the Saintess.

Honestly this chapter cracked me up greatly with how much I could sense Pamela's fury at having all those things Kanata did pinned on her name now.
    Chapter 13 - Permit
    Well, Kevin and the receptionist sit there in fear as the magician has a lengthy conversation with Pamela. Pamela is also in fear here, but he knows how troublesome an angry high level person is so the magician keeps treating her really well. Eventually he offers to give the three permits to get into the mythril cane, and then realises that Kevin is there. He quickly realises that kevin led them there to mock them and tells him to leave and never come back.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Guide1410 likes this.
  13. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 14 - Looking Around the Mithril Cane
    Garret basically shows them around the place the whole chapter and really impresses Fillia with all the pretty gems. She has a great time and Garret is really polite the whole time.
    Chapter 15 - The Value of Manarack Steel
    Garret shows off the newest achievement of the Mithril Cane, a type of metal called Manarack steel. It looks cool and all, but it's really expensive (1.5 mil gold) and not exactly the Adamatite that Kanata is looking for so he asks if there is any. This confuses Garret, so Kanata looks at the page for the Manarack steel and finds that it's only a C class item. Upon inquiring further, Kanata learns that B rank is the highest level of item in the city at the level that it's highly protected, and then realizes that he won't find what he's looking for and leaves.
    Chapter 16 - Substitution
    They go to a bar to sulk a bit, making sure Pamela doesn't drink any alcohol while not telling her what exactly she did last time. As they're discussing giving up on making more Ether, Fillia notices that Kanata is looking sad and asks what's wrong. Upon learning he's looking for an item that he can't get, she offers to give it to him. I can't believe I forgot to mention this earlier, but her body is made out of Dream Sand, which is basically an alchemical catalyst that can "become" anything (although it's imperfect. She then makes some Adamantite, but it still doesn't work. Kanata comes to the conclusion that he can probably use it to make Ether anyway.
    Chapter 17 - The Immortal's Unease (Lunair's side)
    This chapter shows the black robed magician run back to a church, and reveals that it actually was Lunair. She has a chat with top tier wingman Nobel Mimic, and explains that they should just go back to Cocytus. Noble Mimic get's her to explain why and she says she saw Kanata with a blonde girl beside him. Of course this is a dumb reason so Nobel Mimic tells her that she's being stupid (but politely since he's cool). She then tells him that she got spooked because the little girl (Fillia) managed to detect her even though she had spent a bunch of time making an enchanted robe to seal all emissions of miasma from her body so that should have been impossible. Then Nobel Mimic asks is she was hitting them with bloodlust, which she says "no, only a little". Anyways Nobel Mimic manages to convince her not to leave and she decides to improve the cloaking features of her robe so she can observe them further. Yes, she's just going to stalk him for awhile, unable to talk to him.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Guide1410 likes this.
  14. Lizza

Lizza Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This isn’t going to be a harem, right?