Discussion Discrimination between MC and non-MC

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Demintika, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck zhu yan if someone steal your lover then he good fuck that

2. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

we know it's the same, that's why we hate it, we're men of double standards.

3. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    I will reply to your post with another quote.

4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Read The Gate of Good Fortune, I'm sure you'll hate how the story goes.

5. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    How many mc stole other people's girl in martial god asura mc is working to steal back the girl he only knew for a few months who already has a fiancee. Yun che stole another person's bride and ani halted their sect. Martial world zhu Yan didn't even touch her and treated her like a queen and all he got was being fed over

6. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    What I hate are stupid MC´s winning over smart guys due to plotarmor.

7. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I would question the logic of such a novel to be honest. What sort of people would want to live in such a barren world or more simply what would there lives be like after that. It's not as though a person can love thousands and thousands of people. Rule the world or conquer the world, is easy enough to get behind but you would need to sell me on how good life could be for his loved ones if they were protected by destroying the world. Unless you could do that I would probably be thinking, "WTF, how does this make any sense."

Maybe something like the MC needing to feed off of the energy of an entire world to save his loved one(s) could work, but there would probably need to be more than one world. At that point what ending I would want to come about would depend on the character of the antagonists. Some I would cheer for some I would cheer against.

I read a manga a while back that was horrible. The MC was a piece of fucking shit but the story was warped enough that I couldn't stop reading and in the end he died ... and I thought "Good, bastard deserved it." I actually felt bad for the person who could be considered the antagonist. So while I don't particularly like the story I have to admit that it's well done in it's own way. At least I haven't read one like it before ... but then I tend to avoid shit I think is going to be depressing.

8. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Except all of those people you mentioned that were 'stolen' from are complete degenerates.
    inb4, "but those MCs are the same"

9. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't hate it if I don't read it. Because I don't read what I hate.
    Anyway, I'm not complaining about Novel, I'm complaining about how people blindly support the MC.

Plotarmor ruins the Plot. Yet people like plotarmor.

I'm talking about Novel because it's easier to people around here to understand.
    What I meant was more like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

Astaroth likes this.
  10. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    I not always cheer for the mc , and i hope some mcs to get NTR'ed
    I like to read stories from different perspectives , it makes things more interesting to me .
    Don't judge me xD

Are you talking about ATG ?

Astaroth likes this.
  11. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a martial world where strength rules. Morals be damned. The only reasons why the mc has those girls are because he himself is strong. The only difference is that mc gets stronger faster

12. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    Read Transcending the Nine Heavens.
    There is no villain there, no right or wrong, no justice or evil.
    There is only Jiang Hu.
    Edit : and brotherhood

13. gameboy6666

gameboy6666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a perfect example would be when during a fight if a villain splashed dirt into the eyes of a character he would be seen as underhanded and evil, but when a hero does that trick he would be seen as resourceful and strategic

Demintika likes this.
  14. vrooave

vrooave "act too close to people" they said.

Reading List:
    Link
    well maybe when we read an "Anti-Hero" MC we hope that it will stay dark? I dunno man, IMO if the MC turn back to good with a stupid reason it just kill the story

Astaroth likes this.
  15. Amphidsf

Amphidsf Realm Razor

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone is the hero of their own story. Conversely no one sees themself as a villain. The MC of the story is the perspective point as such he is automatically the "hero".

16. VixenKiss

Reading List:
    Link
    No, they're not. You're right about the whole, "strength rules", but morals are definitely still very present.
    Only the completely evil antagonists, which are the characters you seem to like, abandon all their morals.
    That's a pretty gross generalisation as to why the girls like the MC, sure there might be few cases, but the majority is definitely not so.
    It's usually the case of, "wow, he's so unlike the other guys that only have lust in their eyes", or "MC is so unique" etc...
    Strength plays a big role, but so does the actual character of the MC.

Astaroth likes this.
  17. Random.poet

Random.poet Powered by Coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Since when did SJW culture come in to novels? I mean come on... the more we root for the MC is when we know the Novel is good, the Author has got our attention.. weather the MC is bad or good.. eather you root for the "bad" MC or the supporting characters you know you like what you have read...
    "Good" heroes are good because they can do what we cant in real life that is being a hero...
    "Bad" characters are good cause they can do what we cant that is breaking the rules ..
    Every one has there prefrence.. its not about bringing every thing to real life...
    Its about enjoying and imagining what you cant do and think its awesome!

I mean come on... most Authors even give there characters their own world / game world *cough Overlord cough* that they can destroy at their leasure.. not real life normal every day boring earth..

18. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, people would unconditionally support the MC since it's his/her story that being told, the reader would be biased towards the MC and fuck the others who antagonize him/her. It's hard or rare to see a people who hate the MC more than the Villain.
    The reader always root for the MC to survive his/her ordeal, that's the natural characteristic of the reader.

19. canaan

canaan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just read it cauze i dont like naive mc. strong people always win, rich guys always win, that is rule in our world. we dont have have abilty to change it, weak hearth will lead us to destruction.

20. VixenKiss

Reading List:
    Link
    support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.