Do you ever feel old

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lithit, Jun 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billid

billid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you feel old when the kids of your cousin's are so old as you were the last time you played with that cousin

2. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've felt young since the moment I turned 10 and was called pedophile by a girl that was around 18-20 because I wrote so formally in my language. It is that issue where you grow up around people and their habits, lifestyle and wisdom rubs off easily and makes one feel older soul wise. So I've always felt older than I am. It did cause some issues in my youth due not finding a middle ground to associate with other friends and such since I was a bit different behaviour wise and had to keep moving back and forth, failing to find a middleground. The only real stability I found with my raising is when I began working and I had easy time associating myself with older workers etcetra.

3. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    They're making an HD remake of the first 3 games
    came out 20 years ago
    feel old yet?

Lithit likes this.
  4. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    The list would be quite long as I has a few crates of 2600 games ;o)
    But at the time I was quite impressed by the isometric version of Zaxxon ;o) .

5. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ?
    Wow Crash is back! Love it when I still got my Psx along with Spyro the Dragon.
    Enjoyed Crash Bash and Poy Poy with my cousins too.

Now I feel much older....

6. jojo_48

jojo_48 『Blood Type: S』『HGWT』

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel older when I look at the complexity of my current math hw, then look back at the math hw several years ago.

7. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel older when I look at how people are using new words or making old words have new definitions
    I'm only 14 and I feel old compared to those in the same generation.....

8. crazyboy1200

crazyboy1200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your welcome.

9. crazyboy1200

crazyboy1200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I imagine that 1000 years have passed.....

Lithit likes this.
  10. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt old when some of my friends just started college. I graduated from college a few several years ago.

11. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens if you view almost every music available as trash except for classicals? :v

mir likes this.
  12. Peredonov

Peredonov 『Born Loser』

Reading List:
    Link
    『Well, looking at the mirror and caught the sight of 2-3 white hair at the age of 18, with some digestion probelm.
    *cough* *cough* I'm sure getting old.』

13. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    This. They're remaking so many things. The disney's classic princesses, finding nemo, independence day, jurassic park, clamp restarting its older serieses, the new cardcaptor sakura, sailor moon, TMNT, and more.
    Makes me realize the the generation which is exposed to them is now old enough and earning enough income to be milked.
    And i still go watch them.

14. Morlokispecs

Morlokispecs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are getting old (and lonely) when you realized a lot of your friends are settling in with their family and you have become their drunk uncle.

15. novalance

novalance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remaking BFG.... Next thing is probably going to be Bedknobs and broomsticks... Or Mary Poppins... Or Sword in the Stone... Probably even the Appledumpling Gang... I am going to get very upset if they decide to remake the Sound of Music... I am interested in seeing a remake of the Last Starfighter... That would be kinda cool...

I get irritated when I think of Transformers and how that was just so... Michael Bay just didn't care or never watched the series at all it feels like... It was all about the energon and getting enough for them to get home... Just one side didn't want to kill off everything on the planet and the other didn't care... This freedom crap erks me... We fought for them to have freedom... That's umm... no... I honestly don't know where Bay gets his scripts from... The american way is the ONLY way it feels in all his movies... Along with explosions and shallow eye-candy models and guns... Almost as bad as how the new ghost-busters, the trailer just makes me not want to watch it in theaters...

16. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I remember that! When Compuserve was the first ISP and email server. When Project Gutenberg put the first eBooks of any kind online. When all the webpages of the entire World Wide Web could actually be found on a list in Yahoo! Categories, rather than using a search engine. When Netscape was still alive.

When Baka-Tsuki had less than 3 novels being translated, 10 years ago.

17. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    Your profile pic + comment made my day

18. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just looking at videos for anime songs that I watched 10 years ago. Yeah. I feel terrible now.

Yep. Talking with my 14 year old cousin sometimes makes me feel old, since I can clearly remember the day of his birth, and now he is taller than me. (Damn giant-gene'd male family members all think I'm short, even though I'm almost exactly average.)

You are transcendent.

I found a version of Joust online somewhere. I never played the original/on console, but the version I found was really fun, so I'll say: "I enjoyed Joust too (y)"

... In some ways, since I was 10, with my 6 year old brother. I tried teaching him the math and science I was learning. He always tried to run, so I became as bossy as my mom... Wait, I guess that doesn't count.
    And my 14 yr old cousin said "Ok mooom" with heavy sarcasm just last week, for telling him Do Not throw a lit match into a dry bush! .... And because the kid thinks meat is the only true food, and I have to threaten persuade, joke, bet, etc with him to get him to eat veggies.
    There was a week where we played Battleships every day, and I always had him eat broccoli or something when he lost. I won most of the time *evil laughter*

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.