Discussion Do you ? (JP rebirths)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tsuru55, Jul 17, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you rage like me when author(s) make the MC not like girls of similar age because he got a higher psychological age thx to rebirth ? or don't love because he doesn't want to be a lolicon ?

Or do you agree that it's normal to love older women because you rebirthed or that it's normal to see girls only as grand-daughters because you were old man before?

Toralk likes this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    It gets frustrating, seeing how the authors are trying to keep the suspense of romance by letting MC have such mentality. Though seriously, just see how the pioneer Rudeus did, a childhood friend, a legal loli and a somewhat incestous cousin.

Frankly speaking, romance is a difficult thing to write. I am fine with either MC knocking on same age or older women.

3. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a cop out most of the time, MC puts off relationships because girls are "younger mentally" but they act like children themselves in other areas.

Be it complaining about unfairness, shouting ability names/trump cards, other general chuuni "my dark history" bullshit.

4. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol you sure bring a lot of weight when you quote Mushoku. But yeah.

0000000 likes this.
  5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Shield Bro almost cross the line by having Raphy aka Sword Racoon. Legal in physical, loli at mentality.

6. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    I do dislike when the Mc prefer older women when he is reincarnated as a teen or child. Because most of the time, they don’t even realize or ignore the girls’ feelings.

On that note, I don’t know how to feel when the Mc is reincarnated/transmigrated into an animal’s body, but prefer female humans. Like that novel when the Mc was reincarnated into a black cat’s body. When it’s mating time or when his owner is trying to get him to marry other female cats, he avoids all of that.

7. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    here i am contemplating about a genderbend MC. it's physically straight but mentally homo. I still read it nonetheless :blobsweat_2:

bosaner and 0000000 like this.
  8. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A) It's JP so it's just another excuse for the absence of any real relationship.

B) It makes no sense because attraction is as much a physical phenomenon as it is mental.

C) I could see attraction to younger people being put off by mental maturity when you consider the frustration/annoyance involved in dealing with them, depending on the age being discussed. Basically, it makes sense if the MC looks down on the "kids" around him. There should still be some attraction, ofc, but it'd be outweighed by negative feelings.

Milanin, kenar and 0000000 like this.
  9. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's fair to think not to get into relationship because of your older mental state and your conscience, but it's also problematic when the author creates young female characters just to fall in love with that kind of mc instead of resolving the problem, so I guess it's a mixed feelings for me.

frenzy85, Milanin and kenar like this.
  10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Eeeeeh ? You got the title ? Kinda curious.

Well... i guess you are resonnable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
  11. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were in their shoes I would feel creeped out by the idea of having romantic relationships with them. I wouldn't befriend them either cause it would just get annoying.

12. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strange Life of a Cat, probably. It's on Qidian and abandoned though.

13. frenzy85

frenzy85 Not Well-Known Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea... grooming behavior is quite creepy (early Mushoku)

Can't really say for sure how reincarnation affects one's mind, but if it doesn't, then you really shouldn't be getting into romantic relationships with minors.

When MC is wishy washy about it is when it becomes annoying.

This also usually gets hidden behind MC acting like a kid himself... but that's beside the point.

Of course, the older they get, the smaller the relative difference and the less it matters, but since you said lolicon I'm assuming you mean like Mushoku Tensei.
    Early Mushoku is absolute no-no. But later Mushoku such as when he meets Sylphy after she has matured independently is borderline, but ok...

kenar and Milanin like this.
  14. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rage? Sometimes. Like people before me have said, I hate it when the characters around the MC seem to be falling in love with MC left, right and centre with all of them being kids (along with the physical age of MC).
    Personally I prefer either a mutual affection.

I mean, there have been cases of reverse assault in some stories, when the older nee-san, oba-san types fell for MC who has a younger body and I remember feeling "Welp, that's not quite right either".

That's kind of why I prefer either a MC that resets their thinking to fit their bodies age or a MC that gets a body that's an grown-up age and has a healthy mindset.

Toralk and kenar like this.
  15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooooo you prefer rebirth but with change to memories or something or transmigration ? Ok.

But i think you half understood my point. Do you also dislike like me, MCs that are or play dense or dislike young girls because they were older before being reborn ?

16. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. Dating a kid is just a big no.

17. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    World teacher....

18. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    well. . .
    i can still tolerate those type. . . .

what i really don't like is when during the early chaps MC is like Golgo 13. . . .
    then as chaps went on they become Nobita. . .

19. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's not illegal if you are also a kid.

Or maybe you say no because they are young and bratty ? What if she is ultra mature ? but keeping her innocence of a kid.

20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    An explanation would be nice as i didn't read/watch golgo 13 and never watched Doraemon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.