Discussion Do you think WatchMojo reads transmigration novels?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Anra7777, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: I came across this video today. Couldn’t help but make me wonder whether one of the writers reads transmigration novels here.

lucjanssens likes this.
  2. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're a group of quite a few people and I assume at least one of them do, I mean they definitely read comics and watch anime so why can't they have read a light novel or two?

3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    that video is bs......half of the reason even if you can't deal with them you can easily avvoid them.......and what the heck with lack of sleep?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  4. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest i think we would do just fine... I mean humans haven't changed much physically, it's the stuff around us that has changed. Humans didn't survive because they were strong or fast but because they are intelligent and can adapt tp circumstances.

5. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    We actually have more stamina than most animals and we are also a 'mega-fauna' certainly intelligence isn't only our winning design.

6. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, they said ancient times, then had a few key answers from hunter-gatherer times, some from early agricultural and some from medieval times.

7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a high chance that someone there reads light novels. I mean, our community is probably around 100k large or more, and all of us are decently active netizens. The math works.

8. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    well if i take the average japanese isekai novels mc and compare them to this they all fall far short
    i mean they never have to deal with any of those problems.
    like when every random high-school age loser (the most common kind of protagonist) suddenly knows engoug about surviving to cath and kill wild animals in the forests they are dropped in to.
    and know enough about various science to make all kind of advance stuff from the top of their heads.

9. psyque

psyque Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isekai isn't original. Literature is rife with stories of being taken to other worlds, being spirited away, or winding up in the past.
    One prominent example: Mark Twain wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, about a 'modern' man ending up in medieval times, in 1889, and he's not even the first.
    I'm not saying they haven't read Isekai, merely that it isn't necessary.

AkunDami, Anra7777 and mahina like this.
  10. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    The lack of sleep one is just no
    We complain about sleeping no matter how much sleep we get!
    be it 8 or 12!
    Also I'm pretty sure most teenagers sleep for less than 6 hours since they usually stay up late playing games or reading novels or watching dramas!

UDI, Nanashy and lucjanssens like this.
  11. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is so many things that are wrong with this video.. that reminds me why i don't watch watchmojo :blobunsure:

firstly, for the lack of sleep, this is wrong as our ancestors did sleep way more than any modern denizen due to the fact that we can now control our ambient lighting thus deciding when to sleep.
    as for being slow, well you may never outrun any animals but you can exhaust them by chasing them till they collapse which was a good method of hunting for humans.
    also we tend to stay in groups thus no animals would dare attack a group of hunter as the numerical threat is very effective (after all they don't want to be killed lol)
    also given enough knowledge concerning the plague in question, it is rather easy to avoid getting sick. also it is worth mentioning that with our obsessiveness with cleanness (at least for some of us) it would be more unlikly for us to catch it, i mean we are talking about people who never washed even once in their lifetime...
    then for our modern knowledge, given you are a physicist or have a very good mathematical background (i mean to the level of a bachelor's degree) would have no problem explaining the revolution of planets and the effects of gravity. given the theory is strong enough, scientists are more than willing to give credit to this theory.
    the issue comes rather from the fact that in ancient times, and feodal times especially people knew each other pretty well and you needed to give your origins to be trusted. given the fact that you'd speak a language that is similiar to english/french/etc.. but not really the same, you get the risk to be considered crazy or they put you in jail for you to rot away till you die.
    well i could go on undefinitly but well i knew watch mojo aint renowed for their historical/scientific precision..

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Ai chan likes this.
  12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh no, our ancestors spent a lot of time sleeping. That's why they were healthier. While hunter gatherers do have to go out on an expedition for long periods, they slept more than us. Unlike us, they didn't do anything at night. While watch rotations might've been used, the rest still slept for the whole night. Also, predators won't come close if they can smell a lot of human in one place. Predators know that if they come into a group of humans, many of them would die, and they wouldn't want that. This has been unchanged since the stone age.

As for other time periods, they would also not do anything much at night. After night fell, they would stay at home or meet friends, then go to sleep. In some countries, it was even illegal for you to be out after the sun has fallen unless you were a soldier or physician doing rounds. That's why people back then could keep their sanity even without a day off, because they rest the moment night came, unlike us.

13. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Language barrier is one of the problems i'l have if i'm to be transported back into ancient times. I'l rather be Isekai-ed at least they give you an automatic translator.