Does anyone knows about the permission on NU?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by th2c4nh, Jan 17, 2022.

1. th2c4nh

th2c4nh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to bother but I wanna ask. In my country there's a group about manhwa (korean comics), they just posting about the comics and sometimes the spoilers about it too. And then suddenly there are some people ask about the credit / permission of the spoilers, and that became the hot topic of manhwa community in my country, we even argued about it. So can I ask that do I need to ask for permission or give credit to someone in the spoiler forum? Sorry I'm bad at English :')

2. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the spoilers don't belong to anyone, you can freely use them outside

asriu and th2c4nh like this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need permission to share spoilers. Share them at will, but make sure you are sharing them in the appropriate locations (usually the spoilers subforum).

th2c4nh likes this.
  4. th2c4nh

th2c4nh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg tysm for answering my question!! <333 have a good day

Can we post in on facebook? There are a group of manhwa spoilers in our country

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2022
    Agentt likes this.
  5. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know spoilers don't belong to anyone so you can use them. Though it is helpful to link people directly to where the spoilers are. That way they can ask questions to those people. But I've never heard of needing to credit a spoiler or get permission to share the spoiler.

Westeller, asriu and th2c4nh like this.
  6. th2c4nh

th2c4nh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nah me neither. Btw thanks for answering my question, have a good day^^

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's only polite to give credit where it's due, so if you're directly sharing spoilers provided by someone else it certainly doesn't hurt to link back to them, or at least mention their name. That said.. Spoilers are most often essentially hearsay, provided in a conversational format. When you share them forward, you are essentially just repeating what someone told you, or you read. You are not.. err, stealing someone's property, as you would be if you were reposting the actual raw novel/manhwa somewhere. You are not, therefore, obligated to credit the person who was talking.

Put another way, I might later go tell someone else that I heard people actually argue about whether or not others should be credited for everything they say, and I probably won't bother to tell them I heard it from you. That's honestly just not how conversations work. Most of the time. Sometimes people actually do go through the whole "I heard from x who heard from y" thing. ... On the other hand, I might just directly link someone to your post, because that saves me the trouble of restating anything. Much as you could link back to a spoiler post, rather than just telling someone that you heard so and so dies, or these other people have the steamiest sex in all literature.

Rika77, th2c4nh and AliceShiki like this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no connection between Novel Updates and Facebook.

Do what you want on facebook for as long as you follow the Terms of Service of Facebook... When posting on Novel Updates Forums, follow the Forum Rules of these forums.

th2c4nh and Westeller like this.
  9. th2c4nh

th2c4nh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for answering my question owo. I am also very happy to hear other different opinions, too!