Does Embedding Google Map cost money?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Neiri, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it? I created a website and planning to embed the googlemap and based on my research I need Google API and when I gone there it ask for my credit card as it require I have a billing account. It also set to automatic cash payment. I am merely use the website for few months.

2. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the intention for your use of the googlemap? If nothing special, you might as well look for alternatives.

3. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
  4. SinnyVic

SinnyVic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember adding any billing information when I simply tossed Google Map API onto a mobile app some time ago. I believe Google had a standard plan without the need for billing information before, but they changed it last year if I recall correctly. I'm sure there's alternatives if you search for them.

5. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately I cannot use alternative as it require me to change some codes in Sentilo platform.Installation is hard at it is as the manual is not newbie friendly. Google just made the change recently and developers are not yet trying to migrate to other maps. In case you are wondering Sentilo is open source sensor and actuator platform. This is used in Smart City . Notice how in modern city there are display of how many open parking lot is available? This is one of the implementation.

http://www.sentilo.io/wordpress/

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  6. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't need to. And it should be free so long as traffic from you is light

7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend using leaflet (not saying that googlemaps is bad, it is just that I like how much flexibility and customization you can make with leaflet)

8. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    using google api does cost money, but just embedding the map does not... what is it that you want to do with the map?

9. thietkenhadepmoi

thietkenhadepmoi New Member

Reading List:
    Link