Discussion Does INT come with arrogance or is it arrogance with INT?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Apr 14, 2020.

?

Based on the title, these are the options.

1. First

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. Second

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. Neither, as some intelligent persons are SUPER humble.

50 vote(s)
    76.9%
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think, my fellow nuffians? Based on your own experiences, of course.

Martialegg likes this.
  2. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    INT comes with datatypes. and semicolon will you?

and no, INT comes with subjectivism.

Martialegg, vlue, L0pez and 8 others like this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am either always in the wrong room or an empty one. And one knows what happens if you do the marking yourself.

Arash1 and Nightow1 like this.
  4. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    int comes with more damage for your magic

5. Radial

Radial Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Intelligence is the measure of how smart your are, and is not tied to your personality.

It’s Wisdom that is a reflection of your life and determines how arrogant you are.

Martialegg, vlue, hexfirwe and 3 others like this.
  6. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, arrogance comes with ASS. As in ASSUMING.

If one studies too zealously, one easily loses his pants. -Einstein

Martialegg likes this.
  7. Shadowwalker

Shadowwalker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What you are asking doesnt have anything with intelligence actually... Its nothing but low wisdom score causes the arrogance. Case in point, anyone sufficiently superior to others in a field (strenght, dexterity, knowledge etc) can exibit arrogant behaviour.

Martialegg, Skaistise and Nightow1 like this.
  8. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I could berate about the intelligence factor but by my family's standards (Me to being the dumbest in my family to my second brother whose the smartest), i think intelligence can make people more arrogant and cold-blooded. The more knowledge you gained, the darker the emotions a person in his personality is.

This is just my own speculation though and with a massive experience dealing with smart people, i would have this mindset with intelligent or smart people.

9. Evil

Evil Twisted Mirror

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you're a charisma or wisdom based spellcaster.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Nightow1 likes this.
  10. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it the opposite, people who are ignorant or low intelligence are the ones that are more arrogant, because they often do not know what they should, yet assume that they are capable of making decisions that require that specific knowledge. You often see this in internet armchair "experts" and how they talk like they are the only ones with the correct answer. "That game sucks!" "But you never played it before!" "Yes but one look and I know it sucks!". That kind of thing.

If you are the one marking out what the rooms are for, you can never be in the wrong room! lol.

11. Lang10

Lang10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those with high int are smart enough to not run their mouth to seize other's arrogance. The arrogance with INT is more likely as the cocker you are, the smarter you think you are.

12. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

mangoberry, Zomula and Shaiole like this.
  13. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Arrogance isn't restricted to stat scores. Sure they can factor in to any given person's arrogance, but it's not a given, nor a requirement. It's more of a trait acquired as the subject interacts with others.

Like in the case of most young masters, it has nothing to do with their own prowess, but their status as next in line for their perents title and how the "servants" humble themselves before them. Bullies and tyrants fall under this category as well. Just replace the difference to the lords title with fear of their power.

On the flipside of the coin you have the school prodigy. They have always been told they are the best and nothing but the best is expected from them. If they are rarely challenged in their "domain" when someone steps on the stage that has been only their's it triggers their arrogance.

Granted that all that depends on the subjects base personality, how their were raised, and other social cues, but it's easy for arrogance and other negative traits to set in even in the best of environments.

14. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you INT, Im gonna report you.

INT in somewhere else u m*therf*cker, f*ck off my ranked game u f*cking piece of sh*t.

15. magecraft_unleashed

magecraft_unleashed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the more INT, the more arrogant the young master

16. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, the CN ones seem pretty arrogant to me and they don't strike me as overendowed in the brains department.

17. JerryHatrick

JerryHatrick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what to vote for since it's probably something else that influences how arrogant a person is. With knowledge comes arrogance, that's for sure. Since a person who Knows his topic Knows what he is talking about and Knows he is right. An intelligent person is probably used to being right because he, 'Can see further or understand more than others and should be listened to' or something. A few people have mentioned wisdom but that doesn't mean he won't be arrogant. In fact, I would think that someone who is wise is more likely to be arrogant due to their qualifications. Higher wisdom just means they can make better choices based on the situation.

Or is that the trick? Everything contributes to ones arrogance. Such as: The more you win in a game the better you consider yourself than others. The more you lose the worse you consider the game.
    So the only way to play would be to keep an open mind. The ability to accept that whatever you think you know to be true could be completely wrong and/or the capability to work through it (such as self imposed limitations) to somehow improve or better it or yourself.

Nightow1 likes this.
  18. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The CN novel arrogant young masters seem to be the "all arrogance, no INT" type.

Nightow1 likes this.
  19. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who has to explain things to people, sometimes what looks like arrogance is actually frustration at the other person, especially when the other person makes thoughtless remarks which might seem "wise" to himself, so trying to explain to the other person why what he seems to think is "wisdom" is actually very thoughtless can be very taxing, especially if the other person is invested into believing he is right. The obtuseness can be very frustrating and you end up scolding the other person instead. Then he'll cry "arrogance!!" when you are the one frustrated by his ignorance.

JerryHatrick and moto like this.