Doki Doki Literature Club, is it good?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by jersanxx1, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Rivenn

Rivenn 【I eat fruit】【commonhouseman】【RV_n/Rivelle】

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't get what's up, then now's the perfect time to try it out. Even after you finish the game there's still more in beyond the VN since there's a ton of, well, hidden things as well.

If I say any more it'll just give it all away. It's really one of those things you need to experience yourself to 'get.' Good luck and have fun!

3. rh12

rh12 Destroying the world with my snores

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it is a fun game........:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

4. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's great, but don't read anything about it. In fact, leave this thread and just play it.

5. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    At the important note:
    THIS GAME IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN OR THOSE WHO EASILY DISTURBED
    THAT warning, my friend, this the truth. If you think that stern warning is a joke, then you gonna regreted it. Still, it a good game in various way, both on psychological and replay value.
    A bit recommendation: always play the game with the game's folder open while fullscreen, in order to receive hidden message that pop out during playing process. And don't question it or try to fix it with simple "copy-patse" or even delete, unless you able to change the game code inside out. Oh, and your 4th wall will be demolish in no time flat, kinda simillar to Undertale.
    Here are spoilers:
    - Each game character file is it and themself puzzle waiting to be crack( unless you want to check the content by looking at Wikia).
    - Metamoment and jumpscares always pop out when you least expected, so always carry along with you something soft to hug when that happen( it work for me, but IDK about you though).
    - The game Central Mechanic, 'The Poem' is what you need to anylize carefully before proceed. Especially those poems that 2nd play through & special poem you "unlock" ( which is, always carry something esle aside themself and pop out right after).
    - ASCII & UTF-8 Decode are important to understand some "random text and letter" poem inside the game.
    - if you want a" Happy ending", then you have to get all CG's during your 1st playthrough( before you read the poem full of 'get out' and things reach "No turing back" point after that). THEN, another pack of CG's on 2nd playthrough.
    - You can immidiately delete Monika immidiately after you hit the room, OR wait for a while after she rambling about stuff that related to other character( which reveal that they're still alive, somewhere in the game as fragments) until she decide to restore them AFTER you delete her.
    - Watch Game Theory related to DDLC, you'll be suprise about the content you decoded in the game.
    - You (probably) have to replay ( complete reinstall the game) at least 20 times to get all the jumpscare you want.
    - Plug Dat headset for full gameplay experiences.
    Yep, it worth your 4hrs+ of playing it.

6. Drkinferno

Drkinferno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like cuts games with a twist :p

7. Popipopipoi

Popipopipoi ຈwຈCreepy fujoshi [Shem's kouhai♡]{Kurono's Pet☆}

Reading List:
    Link
    Just Monika.
    You get the waifus but don't get too attached to them or else they ruin your laifu

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are pregnant, please don't play this game. Please exercise instead.

9. KvnJrch

KvnJrch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched some videos of the game but.. well... ummm.. (how do i say it?)
    If you picked the wrong route then there's a lot LOT of surprise.