LCD Dragon Poor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raneday, Jul 31, 2017.

1. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way things are going, I'd wager he gains all elemental attributes in the future. Now THAT would be OP.(y)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe he need to be the strongest human first before he can mount a dragon a strongest entity.

otaku31 and Hokoga like this.
  3. Valcryst

Valcryst 『Theorizing Panda』 ʕ-ᴥ – ʔ 『Ddraigslayer』 ︻デ═一

Reading List:
    Link
    For the people debating about the use of Magic for dental work, it has been finally answered :blob_grin:

I didn't know that the jokes about Hansen's impotency was actually permanent damage(not so permanent now), i thought they were just referencing Sunhyuk's counterattack and busting his balls(lol) at the same time.. :blobamused:

And my theory of Sunhyuk getting a dragon subspecie for each element is gaining ground... waiting for a Leviathan/sea serpent now :aww:
    And maybe a wyvern?

4. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    He should thank the princess for the names right?

otaku31 and Hokoga like this.
  5. Hokoga

Hokoga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I predicted that he would get the Earth attribute from the Drake, mainly because he got his Wind attribute from the Dragon that he's already mentally connected to, also because a Drake is pretty much a grounded(Gaia) Dragon so it's not surprising to me for him to get the Earth attribute from it.
    Leviathan/sea serpent = Water attribute
    Wyvern = Lightning or Fire attribute I guess.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    otaku31, Paps and Valcryst like this.
  6. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s funny and I like this but... I cannot tell why MC is so loyal to them. I don’t really like the King whose making Strangers fight their own people. Does anyone know if he kills the King?

otaku31 likes this.
  7. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he doesn't really have a chance at being openly disloyal towards them at this time of the story ... just a couple of advanced knights can stomp him into the ground and he knows close to nothing about the world ... where should he go if he revolts against this kingdom?
    And at the moment he tries to have as little as possible debt towards them ...

otaku31 likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole dominance thing makes no sense. I feel cheated by the story, protagonist is not weak at all or even poor

Paps likes this.
  9. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC isn't supposed to be poor, tho. The "poor" in the title is more likely to be referring to lack of something, as in "to be poor in something"- a dragon in this case.

MC might seem OP, but if you read the latest chapter you will realise what Sunhyuk had suspected all along- that he can't even hold a candle to the true "monsters" of the kingdom.

0000000, Hokoga and Wujigege like this.
  10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    The author uses classic cliche and that is disappointing

• The lewd elemental that looked like the woman
    • The whole dominance plotline is pointless
    • The nobles are shown as incompetent(The main reason I like Overlord, everyone is pretty much smart)

Paps and Arbalest like this.
  11. Valcryst

Reading List:
    Link
    Lewd elemental is cliche, yes..
    But the joke is that she looks like the Elementalist girl so awkward situation is awkward... XD

What do you mean by 'dominance plotline'?
    The whole bit where he wrests control over the Elementalist girl's elemental?
    That was practice so he can use his wind better before the sastane confrontation.
    If you mean in general, like why he had elemental dominance skills, i suspect it's because of something to do with the dragon's situation... she(i think sunhyuk suspects she's a she) told him to be better before they meet and stuff, my guess is she's sealed or something and that needs all four elements... maybe?

The nobles are not that incompetent... it's just that Sunhyuk is incomprehensible... he does not want the things normal people want... and not just because he is a stranger, we have been told already that there are at least two stranger factions vying for power in the kingdom... so power, money and etc are still what strangers want and what the nobles are offering... but yeah.. oddball sunhyuk..

Sorry I rambled... :blobmelt:

Hokoga and Wujigege like this.
  12. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    How can you have a novel without cliches?:hmm:

Call them cliches, call them tropes, it's fairly impossible to write without them. Cliches are hard to avoid when all texts are connected through intertextuality.

What's important here is to note that the narrative provides reasonable/credible explanations for most of them. You can even make some assumptions of your own, if you find the ones given to be unsatisfactory. It's a lot of fun, and one of the chief reasons why we like to read. If every explanation/reason is provided to you on a platter, it kills all the fun of theorising/guessing.

Regarding the elemental for example- the MC had not had much contact with women, and assuage his lust. He sees beautiful woman, his lust shapes the elemental into his fantasy, i.e., the lewd figure of (admittedly) the most beautiful woman he had seen in recent times, and so on and so forth.

Hokoga likes this.
  13. Vamps31

Vamps31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You think thé magician girl not the stranger want to kill the mc , she doesn't trust the mc ???

14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me rephrase, the tropes were poorly done. It was not believable for me. Eg You cannot run a successful country and be that incompetent as a noble

I am talking about the Elemental girl, getting weak in the knees next to the "alpha male". My issue with the nobles, is the author's apparent dislike for them, it is so painfully obviously that the author detests them

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Paps likes this.
  15. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's why it's the king who's running the country, not the nobles (even tho they would very much like to). Besides, how do you go about tempting someone who has no use for honour, riches or women?

The nobles can't give him what he most wishes for, i.e, going back. They can't directly grant titles, like the king did. Sunhyuk is prudent; he won't be swayed easily. Even the Stranger faction rep warned him against the nobles' schemes. It would be strange if, after all that, the nobles could actually lay a trap which Sunhyuk would step into.

The fault actually lies in Sunhyuk and the king- Sunhyuk, cuz he is an oddball, and the king cuz his authority is the greatest, and could grant the MC far more than the nobles could.

Hokoga likes this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobles run the country contrary to what is being portrayed that is why nobles especially those with land are very important. Maybe it is the author's misunderstanding of the European medieval society since nobles like the Baron of Mengsk owns their own armies. It is more enjoyable to watch a battle of wits between smart people, than one smart person and a bunch of idiots(nobles)

17. Valcryst

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, like i said it was for wind dominance practice before the sastane campaign. With the added effect of bringing the Elementalist girl down a peg... because she was haughtily telling him to join their faction. And it's funny. XD

That was justified in the story... would you want to be embroiled in politics? Even office politics is a tiring thing to navigate, even more so in a country scale...
    Sunhyuk wants to live in peace if he can't return and being involved in politics would jeopardize that..

Paps and Hokoga like this.
  18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Bringing the elemental girl down a peg was just poor taste in my opinion, I did not find it funny.

My issue with the noble had nothing to do with Sunhyuk, the author made them incompetent, ignoring the facts that they are kings of their own domains(well at least those with lands).

Basically, my issue is the tone of the story, it might just be the translator but it comes off as childish. Nobles might be the bad guys or the villains same with the elemental girl but their treatment by the author is a joke.
    I rather have villains that I respect and fear than ones who pee their pants and sound like 5-year-olds.
    Also, why do authors in this genre think 10-year-olds who are smart like 50-year-olds makes for a believable story? It is too far-fetched to take the story seriously

19. Valcryst

Reading List:
    Link
    If it wasn't a girl, would you still not find it funny?
    Like you said, the author uses cliches, this is one of them...
    A haughty person thinks of themselves better/stronger/of higher class than MC,
    The MC proves their worth/stength...
    This is the so called 'face slap moment' these are typically funny in a schadenfreude way. This was one of those moments...

I don't understand where you are drawing this conclusion about the nobles from...
    They were shown scheming once. Talking about offering stuff normal people want and only they could provide... being feudal lords don't factor in...
    And they were mentioned again in a setting where they must save face and cannot do something that would ruin their noble reputation(the banquet entrance) so they were submissive. And they were mentioned again, just to say that their offers were for naught.
    Did I miss anything?

Edit: oh right, the parade... it was the misunderstanding cliche.

Hokoga likes this.
  20. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    But the question still remains: How do you tempt someone who wants the impossible (going back seems next to impossible)?

The nobles' fault lies in the fact that they misread him, when he was greeting the Princess. The Baron of Mengsk may be a shrewd one, but he only succeded bcuz he had the opportunity to closely observe/contact Sunhyuk. Perhaps, if other nobles also had such a chance, their probability of success would have increased. But Sunhyuk was being closely monitored by the royal family. The Baron Mengsk is also on the king's side. The king's side struck first and took away the advantage.

If I am not wrong, the nobles are always divided into sides- the king's supporters, and his detractors. The king here is quite powerful- one could see that from the nobles' behaviour when the King entered. He also has the support of a nobles' faction (the Marquis what's-his-name, the aforementioned baron, etc, I assume). Difficult to gain the advantage when the king's faction is so powerful and smart. It may not be that the opposing nobles aren't shrewd, just that the king's side is sharper. And they had the undeniable first mover advantage.

Imho, owning land and armies does not make you smart. If it did, from where would the debauched/incompetent nobles trope come?

Truth be told, we didn't see enough of the nobles to reach any true conclusion about them. And I for one am thankful for that. Too much politics ruins a novel (for me at least, but maybe you like it. If you do, this novel might not appeal to you).

P.S. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Sunhyuk is kinda biased against the nobles. It's not an even playing field.

P.P.S. I had a lot of fun with the discussions. Hope you did too.:)

Hokoga and Wujigege like this.