LCD Dragon Poor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raneday, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Male or female the dominance part felt contrived and forced. It is just personal opinion, I did not enjoy

Like I said, my issue with the noble had nothing to do with Sunhyuk, and you pointed it out, that the protagonist is already biased against the nobles. In my opinion, the author is biased against the nobles, it feels like playing chess with a 5 year old. It is not enjoyable.
    It is too early to tell as you both pointed out but first impressions are not promising

Paps and otaku31 like this.
  2. Valcryst

Valcryst 『Theorizing Panda』 ʕ-ᴥ – ʔ 『Ddraigslayer』 ︻デ═一

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to address this..

This is not limitted to this genre, it is actually prevalent in most medieval setting stories because this was most likely true in real life.
    You have to remember that in monarchy the right of governance is an inherited right. Therefore princes(dudes plural, not a typo) were groomed at a very young age. Being taught statescraft and warcraft( :blobowoevil: ) at a very young age makes them wiser than some of their peers and most definitely commoners. They were not big on gender equality back in those days, princesses are mostly taught needlecraft and other homely pursuits so not a lot of these genius strategist princesses but they might have still existed later on. Also, marrying age was waaaaay low back then so they have to mature early.

Example of a young smart/mature princess in literature is Daenarys... she's like 13-14 when she was married to Drogo :blobhero:

Hokoga and Enken like this.
  3. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but 13 and 10 has a large difference given the growth spurt in girls but you forgot the main point: Daenarys was dumb haha. Some things you have to experience, there was no way a 10 year old is that worldy wide wise

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  4. Valcryst

Reading List:
    Link
    Later on she was not.. but i get your point. If i think of someone else, i'll tell you.

But you got my point about medieval princes, right?

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it was the reason monarchy never thrived, thats why we had so many dynasties since genius was not hereditary.

Thanks for the discussion

Paps and Valcryst like this.
  6. Valcryst

Reading List:
    Link
    she probably was exposed to the kingdom politics at a young age, so she knows how to navigate it by then.
    That was all she was shown to do, political maneuverings...
    She was shown to be naive too but trying to hide it from sunhyuk...
    And she's a bit chuuni XDDDDD

Hokoga, ElefantVerd and Wujigege like this.
  7. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the Small/kid princess and the knight thing. It's not even platonic, it's just a small girl and her knight.

I think it's the most pure thing in the novel. If I was the MC, I would cherish this relationship.

Valcryst likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I know kids become aware at around 7, 3 years is not enough to become an expert. That is my point, at least that is what basic developmental psychology taught me.

I am simply nitpicking, I usually ignore the ages unless it is a romantic plot and becomes loli and I drop it like its hot

Again thanks for the discussion, beats the dont read crowd

Paps and Valcryst like this.
  9. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone has some inherent bias. Nothing can be done about that.
    Perhaps, you were disappointed by the gap between expectation and delivery. Quoting from text:

“That’s what you may think. However, don’t take the nobles lightly. They will probably offer you an offer you can’t refuse.”

Even so, he had already received everything he wanted, so he didn’t really need anything more. He replied with a silent, cool expression, causing Yoojung to speak frustrated.

“The nobles are talented in targeting unknown weak points and offer what you lack.”

She was living up to her ability by being wary of the nobles. Due to her earnest tone, he did not stay negligent any longer and listened to her.

“And about now, they probably found what Sunyuk needs the most.”

Here, the setup seems ominous. But (as the later chapters reveal) it turns out to be a damp squib.

Even I was a little disappointed. But from what I can tell, most NUFfians (I included) on this thread are anticipating the day when Sunhyuk breaks free from the kingdom's shackles and soars to the skies. It's that kind of novel. Drama and political maneuvering are the last thing we wish to see. But your tastes are a bit different, I guess.

Had a lot of fun with the discussions. Hope u enjoyed them too.:)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Hokoga, Valcryst and Wujigege like this.
  10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read till that point haha and yes I was disappointed, I thought he would discharge from the army, start his own little kingdom or something close at least like a guild or mercenary party but got seriously disappointed when he said he would join his army to feed the drake.. :blobfearful::facepalm:

Paps, Hokoga and otaku31 like this.
  11. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    I had also hoped for the same. But can you really blame Sunhyuk? That drake is a rice bucket, afflicted with the permanent abnormal status of hunger/starvation.:p

It's every second thought is food (not that the first isn't food, too, and not that it thinks much). It was on the brink of eating Sunhyuk out of house and home.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hokoga and Wujigege like this.
  12. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    You realize that he is nowhere near <starting his own kingdom> nor <starting a guild>. He lacks knowledge, power and resources for any of them ...
    He'll need to take his time to increase his strength, knowledge about the world and power structures as well his available resources without alarming the higher-ups about a possible defection - they would smash him quickly to avoid any possible future trouble - at least I would. Therefore, it is a smart move for him - IMHO - to go with the flow at the moment (staying with the kingdom/army) as he has some stability regarding resources and social environment.

I hope as well that he will create his own thing one day, but if I would compare him to the classic Chinese cultivation MC: he just entered the outer sect and can barely beat some other outer sect disciples.

Hokoga, Wujigege and otaku31 like this.
  13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but it was not portrayed that way, more that he was resigned to his fate

otaku31 likes this.
  14. otaku31

Reading List:
    Link
    But, now you that it wasn't like that, right? RIGHT? *cracks knuckles*

Rather, it's like
    ^this. Still not convinced? Don't worry, as a true fanatic fan, I am willing to tort... I mean convince you until you agree.:blobowoevil_horns:
    Author nim can do no wrong, for we fans are there to silen... I mean counter all dissent.:blobdevil:

StuffedDuck and Wujigege like this.
  15. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just came to give you a hi 5 :blobhighfive::blobhighfive:for the video. Now jokes aside, have we seen enough from the nobles to completely have an idea of their capabilitys??? Maybe the author is only showing the dumb ones. Altough you are rigth in the fact that some authors make the opossing force of the MC (or the useless one) to be dumb as a rock just to paint the MC in a brigther ligth. And I totally support you on the dominance part, it wasn't that good, the only positive thing about the hole thing was his increase in control over the Wind element.

Wujigege likes this.
  16. AndyDarren

AndyDarren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wind + Earth Culmination Magic -Sandstorm.
    F**ks up the percetion of enemies and their horses and decreases calvary charge effectiveness by at least 30%.

Grinder.
    A small tornado riddled with deadly shrapnel that turn you into a holey boi real quick.

Hokoga likes this.
  17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw a thread saying basically it's not racism, Japanese novels are shit and another complaining that they don't get laid unlike awesome Korean novels..
    This protagonist is being pushed around by a 10 year old. It is pathetic. I know taming and naming a mount is very personal and the author just ruined it.
    I need to read some good kingdom building to curb my megalomania but Goblin Kingdom release is slow with chapters split into parts. It's more like 2 chapters per week even though it looks like 4 haha

Paps likes this.
  18. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh it really frustrate me when people classify novels genericly for country, I know there is a good number of good Koreans works and a lot of lousy jp novels, but by far I won't consider one country better that the other at it. Well I don't think that he is letting the princess influence that mutch into his life, he knows that her station amerits a certain behavior not to mention that she is insistence on having him close to her, so she will do what she can to make that happens. Even giving a rediculous name to the drake hahaha.

Hokoga and Wujigege like this.
  19. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah still disappointing, I know cute loli waifu or jailbait wins a lot of points but it felt cheap. This story is definitely more Shonen than Seinen though so it is not a surprise, it was still disappointing

Arbalest, Paps and otaku31 like this.
  20. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With that I won't argue.