Question Dragon Talisman

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Dark Omega, Jul 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dark Omega

Dark Omega Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read in another thread that the translation stopped due to complications with the publishing rights. Since there is no official announcement in WW, I'm still hoping that there is a chance that this could continue. For those who are part of ww's discord channel is there final confirmation that this project is dead in the water?

2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WW huh. Hard to hear news there unless they got an essay worth of announcement ready or something.

3. ihave3legs

ihave3legs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, from what I understood, DT will have a game and the company that is making the game put up a clause in the contract that doesn't let anyone translate it unless they agree to it which is why the translation stopped. As of now there isn't any good news for it. Might be some errors in what I said but that's what I understood.

Dark Omega likes this.
  4. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was stopped because ren was busy, but assuming if ww got the license for DT (most likely) before the game contract , won't the two contracts contradict each other as one says no translation without my consent and other says you are good to translate

5. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You heard right, OP. He's translating this novel on his Patreon at the moment: http://yc.ireader.com.cn/book/64324/ which he is calling Wastrel Supreme. Xuanhuan novel, looks to be some kind of cultivation novel with yao and other mystical beasts (haven't read it, just going by info online in Chinese).

6. Dark Omega

Dark Omega Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I can remember from the thread is that Zongheng found out after they promised DT to WW that they've already assigned blanket rights to a different company.

Wait, is this wastrel supreme the same as DT or a different novel that Ren is currently translating?

7. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Different

8. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When ren planning to release wastrel supreme in wuxiaworld? So I can try to read it for free