Discussion Dreams and Nightmares

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jkmessah, Nov 18, 2016.

?

Do you remember your dreams or nightmares?

1. Yes

42 vote(s)
    72.4%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Why would you want to remember??

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been having really weird dreams lately, but it's pretty much the norm for me. I was wondering how much people actually remember what they dream about the night before. Maybe there is a dream/nightmare that you can vividly remember because it was so weird, or amazing. Thought I'd share one of my oldest nightmare :3

I was probably less than 10 years old or likely 8 when I had this nightmare. My dad and my brothers live in the states while I was living in Indonesia. They visit every summer and this was the time I looked forward to the most back then. So I had this dream where my brothers and dad were home with me. It was morning, I woke up and remembering that my bros were here, I jumped out of my bed and ran to their room to bug them and play with them. As I arrived to their room, they seemed to be sleeping. Going near them, I tried waking them up.

They wouldn't budge no matter how loud I yelled or moved them. Then I seemed to notice a protrusion on the blanket that my brothers were using. When I pulled the blanket, I found that they had a knife stabbed into their chest and it was bleeding everywhere. Yikes, they were dead. So I freaked out and ran to my parents room to wake them up. Rushing to their side, they too would not wake up. Realizing then that my parents too were stabbed to death I was crying and flipping out. I tried to run out of the house by going to the staircase. Now there is a door that leads to my stairway and I literally ran through it. Then I realized something was off.
    I had ran through the door, but how was that possible? So I looked back through the door and found my body at the foot of the door.

Dead and stabbed. I never saw how I died or who killed my family but I woke up instantly. Most memorable nightmare ever.

Have any of you guys had crazy dreams or nightmares? Share it below :3

2. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey souma can you make me some gud foodz?

jkmessah likes this.
  3. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm too focused on finishing my degree and wondering about Trumps reign.

4. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most dreams i remember are not suited to be told here.
    Nightmares are pretty easy to forget, whenever i dream about ghost, ghouls, etc, i was never on the losing, getting chased side. I always fight back.
    So yeah, "sweet" dreams gives more impact.

winter woods likes this.
  5. Nathan

Nathan Not-staving graduate

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! I've got one, but its from when I was younger. My parents taking my siblings and leaving me alone. Hehe this was a long time ago. Still remember it though.

6. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @jkmessah try to practice lucid dreaming. makes you the op mc of your dreamworld.

7. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    I have dreams on most days but if I don't place much thought on them I usually forget them really easily
    They are usually very weird and sometimes I can confuse moments that happened in dreams with reality >_>

8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I just had a nightmare where i don't know how to do my finals!!!! Oh wait it was just now.... shit.

9. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, this is a like a copy paste of another thread. Is this a common school assignment or what?

10. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    I have tried, but it's quite hard. Once or twice it worked and I remember enjoying my OPness in that! :p

11. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Some say that the moment you wake up, if you write it down or actively recite it in your head, you would start remembering them more often. Eh, that's what I tried doing when I was younger at least >.>

12. darknova

darknova [sennoma]

Reading List:
    Link
    4th option sometimes! Yeah sometimes I do remember vaguely the dreams and/or nightmares, sometimes I just wake up sweaty and scared. Mostly of the times though can't remember at all. And the timing of nightmares/dreams that I remember is when I'm tired and stressed.

13. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See its not nightmares that bother me, those are pretty boring when you get down to it.

For me the thing that screws me over are the dreams where i am genuinely truely and completely happy.

Then i wake up and life tastes like ash

14. Kin

Kin Invijible kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    My life is a nightmare

15. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont get how a yes or no would tell you which one I remember...~

but nightmares are way more memorable their are the incarnation of stress after all~

16. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I basically never have nightmares, only if I have a fever or something. My dreams are usually pretty cool and I almost alwaus remember them. For instance a little while ago, i dreamed I was Meng Hao, and
    was trying to rescue Chu Yuyan from where the sea demons had kidnapped and put her. I was able to fly and jump really high and stuff, and had some epic battles.

17. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda lump em together. Didn't think I'd need to make a comprehensive poll!

18. Negias

Negias 『Average Smulenians』『Normal Passerby』『Chaos Lover』

Reading List:
    Link
    dreams huh...most dream that I have is lucid dream because I can forcefully change my dream

19. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
    I always have an adrenaline rush every time I woke up. (Im still wishing that the apocalypse will come.)

20. Heavenly Elemental Beast

Heavenly Elemental Beast fluffy birb

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it is a nightmare or not. I wasn't scared or anything like that. I remember in one of my dreams I was a specter and I was watching a person kill another person. Then suddenly my perspective changed and I suddenly took place in the person that was trying to kill the other. I was about to get stabbed by that person so I tried to stab them back. Then I remember stabbing him in the stomach repeatedly as I thought he was still alive.

Not my weirdest dream