Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So...??? The ML clearly also have some trauma but you diced to ignore it and focus on the Fl only?

2. lonet095

lonet095 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter Edgar is found sick? Enlighten me please and thank you for the spoiler.

Eelillya and cjburaira like this.
  3. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Before chapter 95. Apparently it’s not a sickness. It’s a curse and it’s deep and spreading rapidly so he is living on borrowed time. It looks like a black spot over a large part of his back and it’s growing towards his neck. Fortunately, since he headed the delegation to Raina’s mother’s territory Rotwal, he might be able to get help there. This is because the shaman there, who is a related to Raina’s maternal family, has encountered the curse in their battles against a certain virulent faction of priests. It’s concluded it’s a priest name Gorka who cursed Edgar. I don’t know why though since I started around 95 but I figure it will eventually be discussed in the future chapters so I won’t go backwards to find out.

Raina already found out that he’s dying. That’s because the grand duchess who might be Raina’s grandmother (the translation says great air or great attack so it’s a bit unclear) warned her that Edgar is sick. After that Raina puts an exhausted El to sleep (he’s less than five years old currently) and goes to Edgar’s room and make him take off his shirt. That’s because the grand duchess hinted to Raina to check Edgar’s back. Despite Edgar’s warning, Raina is alarmed by what she sees. She knows right away that “Gorka” is responsible. Edgar tries to downplay his predicament but the baron who came with him arrives at his room around this time. He knows about Edgar’s situation so Raina questions him. No matter what Edgar thinks, the baron divulges the truth to Raina. Since he’s traveled the empire, he’s seen the affliction before and that’s why he knows Edgar only has at most three months to live. Edgar tries to diminish the effect by telling Raina that he’s okay and he won’t die.

The business of the delegation is to secure decrease in tariffs from 8% to 6%. Rotwal thinks they’re already generous because no other country is charged 8% for their goods unlike the empire. The nobles on the empire’s side and the Rotwal nobles argue back and forth on this and the political supporters of the first and second princes contribute to the negotiation by serving the positions of their masters. There’s this person on the Rotwal side name Cermine, who is related to Raina’s family and acts as the shaman. After the heated discussion, she goes to Raina’s room where there’s El and Edgar too. That’s because El was sharing the secret with his parents that he saw the great spirit, Gaia (Mother Earth spirit) that grand duchess showed him. They’re interrupted by Cermine who came to see Edgar. That’s because she can see that he is cursed. Edgar wants to know how she knows. She says there’s bad energy coming from his body that she recognizes because of her lengthy dealings with certain priests.

Cermine explains that their religion worships the earth spirit. The priests Gorka opposes their religion so they’ve had to deal with the nasty priests numerous times in the past. El is friendly with Cermine even though Raina and Edgar are a bit suspicious of her. Raina asks Cermine if she can help to save Edgar’s life. Cermine wants to see how far the curse has proceeded. Edgar allows it. Cermine is shocked by the rapid progress. She thinks it will be difficult to deal with. Gaia enters the room. Raina and Edgar feels the pressure of the spirit’s presence. Gaia seems impersonal and reluctant to help since she’s of the mindset that bad things befall people and they shouldn’t intervene every time. Raina completely forgets El is in the room so the child finds out that his father is dying and his eyes fill with tears as he asks his mother if dad is dying. Raina hugs and comfort El and asks the spirit for her help. Edgar asks too. Both bow their heads. The spirit looks at them and El whom she met earlier. The spirits on Raina’s side also ask for Gaia’s help. She seems inclined to finally help.

After the spirit leaves, Cermine starts to talk about exporting mana stones to Rotwal. This was a contentious topic that was brought up earlier that day in the negotiations. The first prince supporters brought it up despite the fact that imperial law restricts the export of mana stones. However, the Rotwal side immediately grabbed the opportunity to persuade the delegation to export mana stone to them. This left Edgar in a difficult position and he seems to think it’s the first prince’s intention. However, later Edgar and Raina try to find a way out by proposing that Rotwal can take advantage of the marriage alliance between her mother and father to gain access to mana stone trade. After all, the emperor officiated her parents wedding and some of the Rotwal nobles present served as witnesses at her mother’s wedding. The grand duke listens to her in the negotiation but says that he thinks they should get permission first from the emperor. This effectively puts a halt on the goal of the supporters of the princes. Raina also seem to think that the main purpose of the emperor sending Edgar to Rotwal is to get healed from the curse. She feels like the emperor knew that her maternal family has the ability to heal the curse with the help of their spirits.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  4. BlueFire_22

BlueFire_22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now wait. That fuckin emperor sent Edgar to a place where he could be healed from the curse ? There's something fishy here.

Thankyou for the spoiler

5. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don’t know if Raina’s speculation is right but someone else speculated this as well. I can’t remember if it’s Edgar, the baron, or someone else on Rotwal’s side. There was a small part with the emperor and Edgar’s aunt who kidnapped El in one of the recent manhwa chapters. It seems like this aunt like to mess with Edgar. That’s the woman with blonde hair and red eyes like Edgar. I don’t know if she’s like this towards Edgar because he’s an illegitimate child who inherited the duke title or something. Anyway, both her and the emperor seem shady. She even asked the emperor if he really intends for a little kid less than five years old to inherit the duke’s estate now. I assume they’re talking about El since they were discussing Edgar’s curse. Since I started around chapter 95, I don’t know what is the motivation of the emperor and the hostility of the aunt. I do know it seems like the emperor is a bored man who likes to mess with people. The aunt seem to want some mine or the other. I don’t know if it’s in Edgar’s hands.

6. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to ask if the curse only happened on the current timeline and not the previous one? Because it'll be really interesting to find out that the same thing occurred to Edgar back then and he didn't have the courage to tell anyone about it.

7. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    I would think it’s only in the second timeline considering that in the first timeline teenage El confronted Edgar, who was still alive, about depriving him of his mother. I’m quite curious about why a priest cursed Edgar this time around. However, a few months ago I read around chapter 175 where Raina and Edgar remarried and Edgar had put his aunt under house arrest in his estate and locked up Monica and another woman because they attempted to create an explosion at his wedding with Raina. El had stopped the explosion using his power though. The aunt was still confined to Edgar’s estate one or two days later and she came to Edgar’s bedroom door to complain but they used the excuse about Edgar is on his honeymoon. The aunt is furious and goes back to her room. However, she’s then contacted by a priest (I forgot how) who tells her that all they need to do is threaten Edgar with El. So, it seems like there’s a priest that has something against Edgar for some reason that I have yet to discover. That’s why I say that people attempt to use El as leverage against Edgar.

8. K1ndNaru

K1ndNaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil how the royal family, the church, Monica and the MC's trashy father end because everyone SUCKS. It's weird how there is such concentrated hatred from all sides. I really hope all of their ends are painful as they are. Or I hope the MC and ML move to a different country with El and live peacefully. Whilst over here, political strife and natural disasters will happen (maybe due to revenge from the spirits towards the country that abused a loved person of the spirits) and affect the trash and then MC's mother haunts the father out of anger and spite for the rest of his life or something, smh.

EL TO THE RESCUE YESSSS

Oh, I just read further back and realised no one knows the end game for these characters because it's still ongoing/ unknown. I hope the author doesn't make us suffer hahah, especially with a light, "all-is-forgiven" or "instead-of-revenge-I-will-focus-on-our-happiness" ending. At least throw in some natural disaster or something that targets all of them except the MC, the husband and her son. We need some justice!! :giggle:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    syofiaa, Assassel and cjburaira like this.
  9. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s more because after a certain point ML had the choice to save Reina.once she wa a married, once he took full control over the dukedom, once she was pregnant ! He had many chances to take action but he didn’t and in the end because of this Reina died and his son becomes crazy while he still the duke!!!!!

Eelillya, cjburaira and CaelumBlue like this.
  10. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But take control and protect her with WHAT power? I need you to understand that he has absolutely zero to none power. Who knows maybe the FL father planted a spy in thier home and they STILL don't know. FL have decided to join hands with the enemies

Angela3107 and its0k like this.
  11. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    After one of the negotiation meetings, the grand prince, who seems to be Raina’s maternal grandfather or something of that sort, takes Raina to his study room. The room seems mysterious and filled with some kind of power. The spirits with Raina even feels uncomfortable. Anyway, the grand prince tells Raina about their family secret and about the emperor, her father’s family, and Edgar’s family. Apparently there’s a founding legend about them and their oath to the first emperor. He also tells Raina that the current emperor is the strongest descendant of the dragon among all the emperors and how her family and Edgar’s family are something too. (I honestly forget what but they aren’t dragons) At the end of his story and revelation of a mysterious place, Raina asks him how come he told an outsider like her. The grand prince asks her what she’s talking about because she’s family. She asks him if she isn’t at fault for killing her mother. Grand prince wants to know what foolishness her father told her. He doesn’t agree with her father blaming her. She asks if she didn’t take away her mother’s power. Grand prince said her mother lost her power by giving birth to both her and her brother. However, the mother knew that would happen and accepted it. Basically, he helped Raina to begin to lay down that unfair burden that her father cast on her.

Grand prince then talks about Edgar’s healing. He tells Raina that he might not be completely healed of the curse because he’s a descendant of the type of people that he said they were. (I can’t remember if it’s heaven, earth or something like that. Actually the grand prince told her a bunch of religious stuff that I just skimmed through. It’s all this Mother Earth stuff. It was boring so I didn’t really pay attention. Readers hardly commented on that chapter too so I doubt I’m alone) The grand prince regrets cautioning Raina about this matter because he realizes that she has a heart for Edgar but he needed to warn her about this outcome. Raina is indeed troubled. She thinks that the only way to break the curse is when Edgar dies. (A commenter suggests they hunt down the priest Gorka and kill him and the curse would be released)

Raina, grand prince, the baron who is Edgar’s friend, and Edgar present themselves at the temple where Cermine is dressed in priestly robes. She tells Edgar to lie on the altar. All the others, except the baron, will lend their strength. Cermine tells Edgar that it will be painful but bear it. Gaia will merge with Edgar to try to break the curse. It’s dangerous even for Gaia. The ritual begins and Edgar is in a water bubble. Stuff happens, like the black spot starts to lift but the procedure is very painful. I believe even Edgar’s feet turns black and he eventually passes out from the excruciating pain.

When he looks, he sees teenage El and Gaia. He sees how lonely El was. His parents were no where to be seen. Edgar wonders how such a lovely child whose cheeks would puff with playfulness look so desolate. (I think he’s comparing this timeline El to the El he sees now) Gaia is trying to comfort El and they seem close. It must be that El went to Rotwal in the past life and he and Gaia became friends. She even treats him like a mother would. (Perhaps this explains why Gaia kept looking strangely at small El sitting between his parents as a happy little boy in this timeline) Edgar tries to reach out to El but can’t because it’s like a vision. Perhaps he sees this vision because Gaia is inside him so he sees her memories.

In the temple, Cermine is distraught because she thinks Gaia has disappeared while trying to heal Edgar. They ask Raina to lend her power. Raina wants to know if Edgar is okay. She exerts her power and she’s able to keep Gaia from disappearing into the void. Edgar starts to wake up. Unfortunately, Gaia is now merged with him so she’s basically inside him and they can talk in his mind. He’s not fully recovered and it’s expected that it will take a few months to completely return to normal.

In the empire, they’re celebrating founders day. The empress and Monica is listening to a man who went on the delegation report on the results. The empress is upset. It really looks like they tried to make trouble for Edgar (perhaps because he supports the second prince) but their plans, courtesy of Monica, failed. She’s the one who told the first prince people to bring up the export of mana stones. The empress wants to use the failed results to take Edgar down a peg. They also wondered if the Rotwal family decided to help Raina by refusing the mana stone trade and therefore spoiling their plan. They then dismiss that thought since they believe the family would have intervened to help Raina when her father treated her so terribly.

So when the delegation fantastically appear and present themselves to the emperor, the empress makes sure to ridicule Edgar for failing in the mission since he’s the head of the delegation. The emperor totally doesn’t seem put out by this failure, which makes me wonder if this mission was really a ruse to send Edgar to break the curse. Edgar tells him that the talk turned to mana stone and he didn’t feel he had the authority to decide on that matter. The emperor asks Raina about the results as well. She basically points out that the empire puts restrictions on the sale of mana stone so no decision can be made without consulting him.

The nobles from the delegation and the nobles who greeted the delegation now take their seats to watch the founder’s play with the emperor. They’re actually outside and there’s a lot of celebrations. El who is seated between his parents is amazed by all the people and activities. He wishes the spirits could be there but Raina tells him that the magic power of the palace is too strong and it’s uncomfortable for the spirits. They watch the play which features the first emperor, Raina’s father’s family and Edgar’s father’s family. Both families swear allegiance to the emperor.

It doesn’t take long for trouble to begin. There’s a huge explosion that crumples a wall and buries people. Raina hugs El and falls to the ground. The emperor and the nobles are also on the ground. There’s a second and third explosion and the wizards and guards protect the emperor. After the third explosion, however, the emperor decides to reveal his power. Edgar covers Raina and El with his body as the emperor’s power is felt throughout the place. It’s so heavy that the nobles are bowed to their knees. Gaia inside Edgar comments about it as though she has seen or felt it before. The emperor ignores the magicians and guards as he decides to go find out who the culprit is himself. The empress loudly accuses the second prince and the queen since they’re both absent from the gathering. The nobles start to wonder if it’s really the second prince who is behind this rebellion.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  12. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant once he was the duke. Exactly the same way he’s cameo it now ! He needed help to become duke yes but this is after he was duke m. He has his own position and power and now his wife is pregnant with his child

cjburaira likes this.
  13. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not that simple. Even when he became a duke he didn’t have actual power, only the title, because he wasn’t recognized by half of the vassals and distant relatives in the duchy as he was an illegitimate child and a competitor to the rightful heir. He was basically an outsider who became a boss in name, but couldn’t do much even in their businesses because of the previous generation’s agreements and contracts.
    And MC’s father having an actual power in their Empire and money has planted a lot of spies around their territory so every ML’s move was controlled and at any time people close to him could have been hurt or killed.

14. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Very true and it was recently mentioned that ML didn’t learn anything from his father. He was never trained to be the duke. This was brought up because at the negotiations, the first prince supporters brought out a document signed by Edgar’s predecessor that basically undermined his stance because he couldn’t refute the authority of the signature and stamp on the document. Edgar also didn’t know such a document existed so it was an embarrassing situation. That’s why Edgar asked Raina to bring up her parents’ marriage as a deterrent to the mana stone negotiation that the first prince supporters were pushing despite the restrictions the emperor placed on mana stone sale.

15. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But in thw manhua it says the GL father say 100 times the power he does. He literally Judy became a Duke. He can protect his wife and his child in his own house hold but not form the duke. I still think the FL could have saved herself. Just waiting for someone to save her.

16. Yuanan24

Yuanan24 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the last chapter of season 1 and my question is : are they going to actually get divorced ?
    At 1st I really hated the ML, but after these developments I can't really come to hate him.
    If it is possible plz spoil me :)))

17. Quenchanna

Quenchanna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can u spoil me. I'm curious about the time where she divorce the ML. Wouldnt that be a wrong move esp that they were just attack and El got kidnapped? Itll hard to believe Reina and El lived a peaceful life.

18. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she divorced him. I think they were divorced for three years before remarrying.

She can protect herself it seems. She was given the title count and is often called the emperor’s dog by some nobles. She also goes to war on behalf of the emperor.
    So apparently the second prince joined hands with this other shady guy and it kind of seems that things blew out of his control and there’s a huge rebellion. I’m not sure if that was the prince’s original intention since it must have been covered prior to chapter 95 where I began reading. Anyway, the guy he joined hands with was the one responsible for the explosion at the National founder’s day celebration. Remember the empress had loudly allege that it must be the second prince’s doing since he and his mother were both absent from the celebration that day when all the other royals were present and accounted for. Anyway, Raina joins the magic army and regular army in fighting the rebels. The rebels had brought a spirit user to counter her. This was deliberately planned ahead of time so it’s clear that Raina is indeed considered the emperor’s dog. The spirit user she fights is someone who engages in taboo practices. It seems that rather than using contracted spirits, he absorbs the spirit’s power into his body and makes the power his own. Edgar and his female knight also join the fight later because the emperor sent him to take command of the troops fighting the rebels in that location.

19. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    What I got from MTL:

So, it seems that the guy whom the second prince joined hands with is a prince name Ragini. I get the impression that he’s a crown prince of another kingdom or country. Whoever the prince is, everyone seems to be familiar with him like the emperor, Raina and Edgar. The Grand Priest Gorka (the bastard who put the curse on Edgar) visits the emperor and wants to offer his help with fighting the rebellion. In his thoughts, the priest thinks that he can’t touch the emperor and the emperor can’t touch him because of some historical agreement between the imperial family and the church to coexist together. However, Gorka knows they don’t dare touch the emperor because it’s said that the dragon blood runs thickest in this emperor out of all the emperors hitherto. He knows that if they pick a fight the emperor will destroy them so he begrudgingly has to abide the emperor’s authority.

The emperor tells Gorka that he crossed the line with what he did to Duke Heathbillian. It’s the first time the man’s face stiffens when the emperor decides to ridicule him. The priest tells the emperor that he will do his best to contribute to quelling the rebellion especially with dealing with a insidious enemy like Ragini. The emperor says he already has the Count (Raina) fighting the rebellion. The priest starts to say that she’s a curse (or some similar word). The emperor rebuts that’s because the priest’s god can’t touch her and he points out that she has the noble Vinosheet blood even if the priest thinks she’s unclean. (Probably reminiscent of the battle between the priests and the Rotwal family. Anyway, it’s clear that this priest has an issue with Raina and it makes me wonder if his antipathy for Raina is the reason why he cursed Edgar if perhaps Edgar clashed with him.) The man leaves and the emperor thinks of something but the narrative doesn’t explain.

During the emperor’s meeting with Gorka, he had a flashback to Edgar who came to demand that the emperor stop using Raina as a shield. Emperor grows indignant after Edgar keeps insisting. He tells Edgar that Raina swore her loyalty to him implying that he can use his people as he sees fit. It seems the reason why Edgar asks for him to stop using Raina like this is because he heard the army soldiers and wizards saying that they will be assisting Raina and not the other way around. So, this is probably why the end result is that Edgar goes to command the armies.

Meanwhile, Raina does subdue the guy Xenon/Zenon that she was fighting. However, the prince Ragini appears and rescues the guy. This Ragini guy is not at all bothered by Raina. Raina notices it as well. It’s like he’s silently telling her that her power is no match for his or he has just as much power as her. Raina and him conjure snakes that start fighting. Both snakes wreak a lot of havoc on the ground, like earthquakes, among armies from both sides.

20. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the spoilers!

In one of the latest manhwa chapters it was implied that Gorka is affiliated with Reina’s father because he sends a lot of donations to their temple. His words about Reina being unclean or cursed sound very much like her father’s, so I assume that they have joined hands a long time ago and the curse on Edgar could have been a means to get rid of him and maybe even shake Reina’s resolve and manipulate her into using her powers in favour of the father’s duchy.