Picked Up Dudu's Diary --- 嘟嘟日记

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by hoshikudaki, Dec 5, 2019.

1. hoshikudaki

hoshikudaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Dudu's Diary 嘟嘟日记
    Raw Link: http://m.txt101.com/id/10434.html
    NU Link: N/A
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    This novel very funny, sweet and cute. Although it has a simple plot, it is well-written and the main characters are very likeable, especially the FL (mom) and the son. Their interactions are always hilarious and kinda reminds me of Shin-chan and Misae from Crayon Shin-chan. Unlike other novels with kid/s, even though the son is smart, he's not the overly genius type. He just acts like how a normal 3-year old kid should be like. The ML (dad) is in the military and he's a doting husband to the FL and a great dad to their son. He's very responsible, supportive to his wife, and loves his family so much. All conflicts are always solved immediately. Oh, and like the description says, the MC is trying to lose weight but even though she's fat (considered obese even), never once did the ML ever been ashamed of her. A perfect man indeed!

Description:
    [Directly from MTL, tried to edit the parts that make sense to me]

For twenty years, Yu Shanshan was revenge at the age of twenty-one. She turned from a 90-pound ballet princess to a 180-pound impoverished body. Live up to her weight loss success.
    However, one day, her ex-boyfriend, who had disappeared for four years, came back. Since then, Yu Shanshan was forced to embark on a life of weight loss.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    otaku31 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 213850

Deleted member 213850 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    OK the first paragraph is hilarious.

"My name is Dudu, and I’m three years old. I’m a cute and smart baby. Though my mother will never admit this and will always say that I'm spoiled and fat, but I know that my mother only said this because she is jealous of my cuteness. In fact, she's the one that's spoiled and fat. But this cannot be said in front of her, otherwise she will explode. My father is a great hero, his duty is to save the world, that's why he didn't come back to see me until I was 3 years old, but since I'm broad-minded, I don't blame him at all. There are still many stories about our family, so let me write them down for you one by one."

3. hoshikudaki

Reading List:
    Link

I'm telling you, it gets better and better! Dudu is so cute, he always gets in trouble with his mom because of his unstoppable mouth. I always lol at their crazy antics!

P.S. Omg, thank you for translating that paragraph! You're a life savior! And please let me know the English title of the novel so I can include it in the title. TIA

4. Deleted member 213850

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem at all. The title is "Dudu's Diary"

hoshikudaki likes this.
  5. hoshikudaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy it the same way I did.

6. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 cos cute

hoshikudaki likes this.
  7. Deleted member 213850

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody picked this up yet, right? I'll do it. Will be my first time publishing a translation though, since I always do it for personal consumption. So no big promises. Might churn out 2 or 3 chapters over the weekend.

8. hoshikudaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Thank you! I'm so excited, can't wait to read it. *sobs happily*

Deleted member 213850 likes this.