Discussion Empty

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 369806, Sep 24, 2021.

?

Have you ever had thoughts like these?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

4. Other, please specify in a comment

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. meliori

meliori [in a dark tunnel seeing light from afar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminded me of The Three Oddest Words by Szymborska

"When I pronounce the word Future,
    the first syllable already belongs to the past.
    When I pronounce the word Silence,
    I destroy it.
    When I pronounce the word Nothing,
    I make something no nonbeing can hold."

Feel that paradoxical concepts seeping in.
    Nothingness is indeed such a paradox. If there is a room of nothingness, then the room is filled with nothingness itself, so it can't be nothing, right? The existence of nothingness itself hinders the goal that nothingness wants to achieve.

And emptiness could only come to existence in relation to something else. Is that cup empty? No, it's full of air. But that cup is indeed empty of water. Nothing can be absolutely empty, it's always full of something or another.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Another Mr Popo fan I see

If you want to be technical, Dragonball series is Japanese so whatever meaning the word have it is the Japanese meaning and none other but then again, there were names that are not of Japanese origin like Vegeta which are a play on english words, so, the true meaning of Mr Popo remains a myster, it can be whatever

3. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to your bedroom, close the curtain and switch off the light, the fan and the air-conditioner or anything that can produce sound then close your eyes. Enjoy the darkness and the annoying high pitch sound.

Ok, don't know how to relate this to emptiness XD

4. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link

Sometimes when I'm working I think about shit like that. When we think of nothingness most of the time we think of an empty space like you said or we think about just a completely black room.

It really gets to me because that idea just voids the whole idea of nothingness. You cant have a description for something that cant have a description because its very being is literally the antithesis of something.

Even at that point we cant say nothing is nothing because were giving it a name which is a quantification of its value. I dont even think 0 should represent nothing because nothings just supposed to be .Like that but even then; me putting that blank spot can be valued as a description for what nothing is supposed to be.

We end at a fucking ouroboros for what nothing is supposed to be because we keep giving it a something.

It fucking gets at me bruh

5. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I sort of see what you mean, you link being alone in a dark place with unidentifiable sounds to being alone in a place with no light and you can't tell which is which, seems like some kind of phobia XD

6. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothingness on the truer scale doesn't exist in the same realm or dimension as existence....

But it does ... everything of immediate future exists in absolute nothingness...time and space are bound to it too...

The most quirky part of it is that we speaking of its existence contradicts it's absence of anything...cause we are validating it exists which it is not...

Any hogus bogus about dark matter being nothingness is foolish....as long we are in the realm of existence we will never come in contact with nothingness... even though it is all encompassing and is there.