Novel Ending

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Jevanka926, Jul 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis

Irina waited for Erick for years. She kept waiting, holding the hope that one day he would look back to her and hold her hands.

She confessed to him one night under the rain but he was still like usual, yet he never gave her an explanation of their relationship.

'Are we just friends, or are we more than that?'

Then Irina decided, she couldn't wait for him anymore then ended their story that hadn't even started.

Table of Contents

Prologue

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  2. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue

It was 2 AM, and still no answer. Irina gritted her teeth and clicked the phone icon, hoping the man she was trying to reach would pick it up.

"Hello?

Irina didn't even bother to reply to his greeting. Her head was only filled with anxiety, hopelessness, uncertainty.

"What do you mean by saying that?"

He didn't answer meanwhile the clock kept ticking, reminding Irina that it had witnessed Irina's story since the day it started two years ago.

"I need your answer, Erick. Why are you being like this again? Talk to me, I'm tired." Her hoarse voice was transmitted to the person on the other side as she was trying her best to hold her sob.

"It must be hard for you, Irina. I'm sorry." His sweet and soft voice that Irina longed to hear since days ago because he suddenly went unreachable, somehow only gave her a deep cut tonight.

"I'm the bad one, Rin. I'm sorry, okay?"

"You were suddenly unreachable since a month ago and now you're saying that you miss me? Erick, I beg you, can I know the reason why? I--- I can't take this anymore. Please, explain it to me. You can't just---"

"Rin, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I know I'm not good to you."

"Erick! Damn it! I don't need your apology," Irina choked on her breath as she tried her best to find the right words.

"Do you know how tired I am, Erick?"

"I'm sorry."

Irina's brown eyes fell to a novel on her table. She bought it two months ago with Erick, it was her birthday so she invited him to a dinner. Things were also like this. No explanations, no reasons, no clarity of their relationship. She didn't even know how to explain who Erick is towards her family.

"Then let's stop it now," She whispered.

"I hope you'll always be happy and that you'll find someone you love. Good bye,"

Then she blocked his number and his social medias. She even checked her fake accounts to make sure they could no longer contact each other. She was tired from holding on and even if she knew that her scar might not heal soon, she could no longer care. Let it be.

She'd face everything that would come, be it crying all night to sleep or yearning to hear his voice every morning. She'd face them all.