Recommendations Ends up with the guide.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Goblin Sleuth, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey so I'm not sure I've seen this, except for maybe in fanfictions, but is there a novel where the protagonist ends up with the guide? Basically the support character who helps the protagonist on their journey, but you don't expect them to ever move out of the supporter role.

i.e Link X Navi.

P.S I am looking for an actual story not a fanfiction, the above is just an example of what I mean by guide x protagonist.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  2. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    Cosmic_ likes this.
  3. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, but it's not like you clouldn't kinda predict this in EER.

But don't get me wrong, that's one of my most favorit novels!

Bolsonaro, Cosmic_ and UsernameJ like this.
  4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. 3xtBlade

3xtBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Valhalla Saga maybe? Although just like EER it was pretty much an open secret that the mc likes his valkyrie guide.

It is true that u never expect her to be involved in fights though, and she doesnt, so i guess it fits your description?

Cosmic_ likes this.
  6. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I've already read that novel, twice actually. Admittedly it does kind of fit the parameter, although it has a harem ending, so it is kind of expected that the protagonist will hook up with every female character he knows by the end of it.

P.S Sorry about the late response time, my power went out right after I posted this thread, and has only just come back on.

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. If EER counts, I suppose ICDS would, too.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  8. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting, but how does it meet the criteria? The synopsis is kind of vague.

9. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    The shop keeper elf noona is the waifu/best girl. She kinda acts like a guide receptionist, but she’s not really. She guides the MC throughout the dungeon, sellings him items, gives info, later on flirts, etc.

The story is pretty much MC from childhood trained in the spear and to become a dungeon explorer (like his dad). Later realizing that’s not normal. Later, monsters and dungeons appear on Earth and people get powers. From then on, it’s MC getting powerful and meeting the harem and strengthening to save the world. It’s a nice read. Not as goos as EER and the last chapter, ending is kinda bad besides the aftermath, though it was one of the author’s first novels, IIRC. WW has temporarily hidden the chapters due to negotiations so you’ll need to find epubs or other sources. It’s still a fun read if you like Toy Car and have time to kill.

Westeller likes this.
  10. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol what to do when knowing the criteria you're searching for appears in the recommended novel is a spoiler XD cause I certainly didn't expect it to happen, I don't think it would've ruined anything if I had known beforehand though. I was just genuinely surprised cause it really seemed platonic - and quite precious even so - to me.... plus their relationship only becomes like that in like the last 30-50 pages of the last book in the series lolol XD
    So, not knowing whether you'd consider it a spoiler and may want to come across the book series without knowledge of it (or more likely not come across it cause there's too fucking many out there lol),
    real book series consisting of 4 main books and 2 related works, "The books of Pellinor"
    http://www.alisoncroggon.com/the-books-of-pellinor
    I liked it quite a lot and have reread the whole thing once and some scenes multiple times. It's interesting and there are some really satisfying moments where the MC or her mentor/guardian are total badasses :blob_grin: