err_ssl_unrecognized_name_alert

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by buftect, Nov 1, 2017.

1. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Since it takes you properly to the twitch page, it most likely means the SSL certificate that they have for their twitch Indonesian mirror is somehow off. Is anyone else in Indonesia having this issue? what about your mobile?

2. buftect

buftect Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i ask my friend they said they don't have problem like me and opening it with my mobile it works just fine

3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link

Do your friends ping the same ip address you do?

If so then the only conclusion I can come up with is your internet provider is using some sort of middle man proxy service.

Try putting your mobile on wifi and trying?

4. buftect

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for answering my problem and i'll ask my friend later couse here 4 am right now hahaha
    and the error happen at my pc so i can;t do with wifi

sorry for broken english though

5. buftect

Reading List:
    Link
    i'll do with beta twitch for now

6. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you restarted your computer? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? Or using a different browser? Doing these two things will help to isolate the issue and rule out a problem with your browser before we start looking into things like being routed through a proxy or a problem with the certificate.

Also, some viruses and worms will change the proxy settings on your system, which can cause this issue. To check this, go to Control Panel > Internet Options. Then click the connections tab. Then click the LAN settings button. If anything is checked other than "Automatically detect settings", then remove or uncheck those options. From the same Internet Options window, select the Content tab and then click "Clear SSL State". Your computer can store SSL certificates in its cache, so if there's an issue with the certificate, that can fix the issue.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017