Question Everyone Else Is A returnee

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Twentyfithbaam, Sep 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twentyfithbaam

Twentyfithbaam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was wondering why Everyone Else Is A returnee has art posted on their wiki and on here, is it official or not? If it's fan art I just wanted to thank the artists as well as say...He/she is waaaaay off on the depiction of these characters. Posted here https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/everyone-else-is-a-returnee-extras-and-fanart.60341/

Korean and Chinese usually show their 20+ characters as actually looking like that instead of having the appearance of a teenager. And since Korean novels have a 20+ MC, females that are said to look older would look like this (link) as well as be their standard. This (link) can also pass of as a 20+ female. Also from my experience of reading adult manhwa and mainstream manhwa except a few that have the Japanese style, the would usually have people look their age and not something as terrifying as this. If you hide the rest of her body she looks like a little girl, stop playing mind games artist!

I think the weirdest one is Kang who looks like this. There is also Spiera that looks like a high schooler. I think for Kang he was trying to go for the typical cute little hime look.

In conclusion, fan art will look like this and the adaptation will look like this. Please don't be surprised!

2. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    If you really care that much, how about you make your own fan art? Instead of criticizing someone for putting a ton of work into something they will never make a single cent off of.

StuffedDuck and SilverFeather like this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Good question.

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly not exactly how imagined the characters but quite lovely

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  5. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its an official artwork made for the last chapter and afterword of the novel by the author, it contains spoilers as it shows most characters and they final appearance

gheist1234 likes this.
  6. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm... I think it was a fan art, and a really good one, years after reading that novel I still have it as my wallpaper on my tablet, and actually everyone should look young in EER, at least every high level person, I mean I believe the higher level they get the more beautiful/young they look, as far as I recall, I could be wrong and remembering a thing from a wrong novel instead but I think he did mention his mother looked younger when she leveled up, and one of the girls became the literal goddess of beauty, so the picture is actually kind of accurate in my eyes, well besides some stuff about the hair colors in some of the characters being off

Toralk likes this.
  7. Twentyfithbaam

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes but sort of expected this response. I didn't mean any ill will by my post, my point was that it's really different from what you'd see in Manhwa
    Perfectly okay to think so although they don't look their age especially Lita who should look older than the 20 years old MC at their first meeting. This thread should is also a fixed reminder that you shouldn't be disappointed if characters look more their age, for example if IIhan was depicted like this.

8. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't imagine trying to categorize fan art by any particular style or standard. For a novel like EER the amount of fan art is probably limited, but what is around will probably differ wildly from artist to artist. Everyone has a different style... For more popular media, it's common to see an absolute flood of fan art that presents characters in hundreds to thousands of different fashions. Trying to judge which style is more correct seems a bit....

I wonder if there is any official character art.

9. Twentyfithbaam

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder too, with the amount of fan art it would be nice to see which fits official style more.
    Also it's more towards the age depiction of these characters than style, I don't I need to get into an argument about that though since most people I've interacted with can at a glance tell the age category of eastern style drawings more than western although with the recent trend the far left would probably introduce herself as some 500 years old adult...In loli's body.

10. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are a disappointment. Dont feel like explaining why your idea that people shouldnt be allowed to give critique if they cant do the same work, is stupid.

Delirious likes this.
  11. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    i think part of trouble is that a lot of characters end up reaching a level of beauty that makes 'em "young, yet ageless" which puts 'em in a somewhat awkward place that's hard to really describe. throw in the influences of crazy old people that look like young girls from japanese sources, which most people likely started with and thus are more likely to associate that sort of image to other similar references, and it's not surprising you're looking at teens, rather than mid 20s when people imagine the characters. years may pass, but for some reason the characters are still describe as still young, and rarely as having a "mature" charm, unless the person was old to begin with or the MC is aiming for their pants.

as a side note, your 2nd example reminded me of
    [​IMG]
    , so thank you for that.

12. Twentyfithbaam

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, Japan is to blame for that type of imagination, I have to admit that even I would think he'd look like that if it weren't for all the Manhwa I've read. Since their natural age progression is messed up you'd want to base their appearance off their industry's style though, no necessarily the artist's style but sort of like this; korean, Japanese. You can also just go with the 'young' description but I've already heard that a-lot in Korean novels, especially The Second Coming Of Gluttony, dude is 26 and everyone either calls him 'boy' or 'young' even though novel cover he doesn't really look like that. So for 'young' you should just imagine they all look like old Justin Beaber unless they are actually described to look a certain age, for example if they were constantly mistaken for a teenager or even younger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.