Novel Eyes of Beholder

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by ashish50990, Oct 12, 2022.

1. ashish50990

ashish50990 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm writing a story called "Eyes of Beholder", you can also read this story at
    https://www.dreame.com/story/320414720-eyes-of-the-beholder

Synopsis

“Lady, are you unwell? Are you in need of healing?”

Rylan Vossler, the heir to a tribe of warlocks, has arrived in Solaris for the first time. By day, he travels throughout the city, curing the sick and healing the wounded. By night, he wages war with the underworld, etching his name into legend with the blood of his enemies.

With his particular set of skills, he helps innocent school beauties blossom into buxom babes, restores the youthful figures of mature women, and even makes the sexy, insomniac president succumb to his charm—and his massage techniques. Showered with so much love and attention, could he perhaps find it a little exhausting?

Genre
    : Action, Adventure, Comedy, Harem, Fantasy

Table of Contents

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  2. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 - So What if I Groped a Little?

“Is she all right? She was fine and dandy a second ago, why did she collapse on the ground? Someone call 911.”

“Isn’t it just a heat stroke? Damn, just look at her! Quite a looker, ain’t she? That face, those sexy legs, that figure, damn, she’s a solid 9.5!”

“It’s not just her face and figure that are fabulous, but even her temperament is great. She looks far better than those superstars. I have to hand it to god, he must have taken his sweet time to mold her!”

On some street on the south side of Solaris, a coastal city in the Republic States of Sweria, a crowd gathered around a girl lying on the ground and broke into discussion.

“What beauty?!”

A hillbilly young man carrying a sack on his back and some strange leather pouch tied on his waist had his eyes lit up brightly when he heard the discussion. He tried to squeeze his way to the front of the crowd, but just as he lifted his foot, he was pulled back and slowly squeezed out.

All of a sudden, a golden glimmer flickered in his eyes as the onlookers before him turned transparent one by one. Finally, he saw a young girl in a yellow one piece dress lying on the ground surrounded by the crowd.

The girl had a small, oval face, her facial features were delicate and beautiful. Her figure was slender, but plump in the right places. Her dress was flipped over, revealing one of her fair and plump calves. Her long and shapely curves happened to be slightly furrowed, giving her an extremely pitiful look.

“Why are the girls in the city so beautiful? The most beautiful girl in our village, Muvu, is so ugly compared to her! Why has such a good-looking girl fainted?”

Rylan Vossler’s eyes glimmered again as the girl’s clothes turned transparent, then her skin. Her bones, organs, and blood vessels became clearly visible to Rylan. He promptly discovered the problem with the girl.

This beauty has a heart defect and it has stopped beating.

“Make way!”

Rylan, carrying the sack on his back, made his way through the crowd, shoving the onlookers aside. Everyone he shoved was pushed aside like scraps of paper.

After having made a beeline to the fainted girl, he put the sack on the ground, pinched her turned-up nose with one hand, and her pointed chin with another. He then took a deep breath and locked it against her cherry red lips.

“What the fuck?!”

“Where did this guy come from? You fucking beast, she has fainted. You just sighted a beautiful girl, and lust has already gone to your head?!”

“Call the emergency helpline and tell them that some hooligan is molesting a fainted girl. Damn, what seductive lips, and they are kissed by that beast!”

“But this bastard is really strong. He was carrying such a big sack, yet he could easily squeeze his way through the crowd!”

The moment Rylan stepped in and started kissing the girl in yellow dress, the onlookers condemned him. Some even began to call the emergency helpline, but not to report a medical emergency, but to call the police!

Ignoring what the people around were saying, Rylan exhaled a long breath while locking his lips with the girl. Afterward, he lifted his head and under the dumbfounded gazes of the crowd, he reached into the girl’s neckline with his right hand and pulled up her bra. Afterward, he put his right on her plump and voluptuous chest and pressed it again and again.

“Fucking beast!”

“Shameless bastard! He just kissed her while she fainted, and now he is even groping her chest. This is completely inhumane!”

“Call the police!”

“We can’t let this pervert run away. We can’t let a hillbilly like him molest such a beauty!”

The moment Rylan started pressing the girl’s curvy breasts, the onlookers immediately blew their tops. Each and every one of them started condemning him, despite knowing full well what the other party was doing. Their eyes were shining brightly, and it was evident that they desired to be in the man’s place. Seeing him do what they had not had the courage to, they discarded all logic just to chastise the youth.

“Ignorant idiots!”

Disregarding the condemnation around him, Rylan struggled for a while as a distressed look appeared on his face. Afterward, he took out a bamboo tube from the leather pouch hanging on his waist, and then a small black worm before feeding it to the woman through the bamboo tube.

“Yuck!”

“Damn, this pervert is so disgusting. He is actually feeding her worms, how disgusting?!”

“This guy is not just a molester, but also a huge pervert!”

Many people’s stomachs churned at the sight of this. They could not help but cover their mouths and turn their eyes away from this nauseating sight. Some even vomited on the side.

Be that as it may, the woman in yellow suddenly gasped for breath as her long eyelashes moved slightly. After a while, she slowly opened her eyes.

“Oh gee, she actually woke up.”

“What the hell? It worked?”

“What kind of freaking medical practice is that? He fed her a worm and it cured her?! I’ve never heard of it!”

This bastard carelessly played around for a while and fed her a worm, and this actually worked?! He saved the beautiful girl?!

Everyone was dumbfounded.

When the girl woke up, she saw Rylan leaning over her, staring at her with bright and glittering eyes. She quickly crossed her arms over her chest and asked vigilantly, “What are you doing?”

“What do you think I am doin’? Savin’ you as a matter of fact.

Rylan added, “Since you are awake, let’s settle my fees.”

Slowly, it was all coming back to the girl. She had snuck out to play, but suddenly, her old condition started acting up again and she fainted.

I know my condition. Every time I get sick, I need a professional doctor to rescue me. Furthermore, I have to stay in the hospital for a few days before I wake up. How did this teenager save me?

She was a little skeptical, but at the end of the day, he did save her. The girl thanked happily, “Thank you for rescuing me, I’m Elisa Crown, how much do I need to pay?”

Rylan pondered for a while. “Sweetheart, on account of the fact that you are so damn beautiful, I’ll lower the fee and charge you just 10 thousand dollars.”

“Ten thousand?! Are you nuts?!”

“This guy kissed her and groped her while she was unconscious, and then even fed her some disgusting worm. Now he is even asking her to pay 10 thousand dollars. What a shameless bastard!”

“Isn’t he just scamming her?! How can a worm be so expensive?”

Before Elisa could say anything, the spectators started shouting.

When the woman heard that Rylan had actually fed her a worm and molested her, she suddenly felt nauseated.

She pointed at Rylan in shame and anger. “You…you…”

“What you?! Patients can’t avoid doctors no matter how much they try. Anyway, is your life more important than some gropin’?”

Paying no heed to her answer, he swept a glance over the crowd around him and contemptuously rebuked, “You dirty pricks, don’t you guys know what CPR is?! What artificial respiration is?! Do you think I molested her? Why are your minds in the gutter? Also, the worm I fed her wasn’t an ordinary worm, but a spirit worm that I have carefully raised and fed with medicinal herbs. The damn worm alone cost me around 10 thousand dollars at the very least.”

“Uh?!”

After doing something obscene, he is proclaiming it in such a righteous manner, wow! Anyway, he did save her.

Everyone was immediately at a loss for words.

Elisa just wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. “All right, I’ll pay you ten grand. Give me your Cash App number, I’ll transfer you the sum right away.”

Rylan looked dumbfounded. “Cash App?! Are you shittin’ me right now lady?”

Elisa was speechless before gently smiling and saying, “Venmo is also fine. Just give me your phone or e-mail and I’ll Venmo you.”

“Venmo?!”

When Rylan heard two new terms in a row, he scratched his head in ignorance. “And what in tarnation is that?”

Seeing that the teenager was still confused, Elisa felt like banging her head on the wall. “Forget it, give me your phone.”

Rylan took out a Nokia handset, whose model had long been discontinued by the company already, and carefully handed it to Elisa. “Be careful, this is the only phone in our village. They only allowed me to take it because I was leaving for the city.

Elisa covered her face and gasped in shock as if she had seen something that should not be possible, like it was the end of the world. After a very long while, she finally recovered from the shock and asked powerlessly, “Do you have a debit card?”

Rylan shook his head.

“All right then, let’s just go to the ATM to get the cash.”

There were many ATMs on the street. Elisa headed to the nearest one and withdrew a stack of hundred-dollar bills and handed it to Rylan who was following closely behind her.

“Ptooh!”

It was the first time Rylan had so much in his hand. His eyes immediately lit up. He spat on his thumb and started counting.

“Money grubber!”

Elisa was rendered speechless. She turned around and left.

“... 98, 99, 100. 100 times 100, 10,000!”

It was the first time he had so much cash in his hand in his life. He was overwhelmed. Suddenly, he realized that the beautiful girl was nowhere to be found. His eyes shone as he swept through the crowd before spotting Elisa and chasing after her. He stopped the girl and stated, “Honey, fate has made our paths cross one another. I’ve only suppressed your illness, it has not been completely cured. Do you want me to cure you completely?”

“Once and for all!”

Elisa’s heart started pounding crazily as the expression on her pretty face changed. “How are you going to cure it?”

Rylan waved off. “You don’t have to worry about how I will treat it, I guarantee that my way will free you from your disease. All you need to do is pay me a hundred grand.”

“A hundred grand!”

I don’t know how this guy is going to save me, but this is a disease which has no cure. Even the best doctor in the States can’t cure it, and he says that he can?! Does he really think that he can fool me?

Elisa frowned slightly but she still refused gently, “Thank you for the offer, but I don’t need it!”

“Uh?!”

Originally, Rylan thought that this rich and beautiful girl would jump at the chance when he offered her the cure, and it never crossed his mind that she would not be interested in it at all. Rylan took out a pen and wrote his phone number on a crumpled paper. “Honey, I really am not overcharging you or anything. My spirit worms have been fed with wild herbs. Each one of them would definitely sell for at least ten grand. Your heart that should have been paining you ain’t aching now, isn’t that so? Your defect has only been temporarily suppressed. When you want to get it cured, just give me a call.”

“Oh, now that you mention it, it really isn’t aching at all”

Ever since Elisa could remember, whenever she felt ill, she always felt prickling pain in heart as if needles had been stabbed into it. Just now, because of her anger and shame, she failed to notice that she was not feeling any prickling pain after her problem had started acting up again.

She could not figure out what to make of it for a while. Seeing Rylan going farther and farther from, Elisa stood rooted to the spot.

It was not that she was distressed over paying a hundred grand, rather she was afraid that she had run into some scammer.

“Ellie!”

An SUV came roaring and stopped right beside Elisa before a hot and sexy police officer with short hair jumped out of it. She looked very sexy in her police uniform.

She waved her hand before Elisa’s eyes. “What are you staring at in a daze?”

The woman was pleasantly surprised by the sudden appearance of her best friend. “Sal, what are you doing here?”

Sarah Wish checked her out from head to toe before replying, “I was patrolling the streets when the dispatch told me that someone called the emergency helpline, reporting that some girl had fainted on the street and some douchebag was molesting her. As soon as I heard the description of the girl, I took that call and drove here immediately. It turned out to really be you, but there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with you. Did someone really molest you?”

“Ah, that…”

Elisa didn’t hide anything from her best friend and told her everything that had happened to her.

The story included some hillbilly kissing and groping her chest, as well as the hundred grand for a complete cure.

“Fuck, that perverted bastard!”

When Sarah came to know everything, she bared her teeth as she started scolding, “How dare he molest you?! Not only did he kiss you, but also touch your breasts citing CPR as an excuse. You don’t even have a boyfriend! If I was groped, I would have definitely chopped his balls off and fed them to the dogs. Ellie, and you… You actually paid him ten grand! You should have kicked him in the balls ten thousand times instead. I can’t take this, I’m so angry! Argh, I’m going after him!”

After leaving Elisa, Rylan came to a bar street.

If it was evening, this street would have been bustling with people, but it was noon, and the street was completely deserted. Occasionally, Rylan noticed a few dispirited waiters clearing the door.

Rylan carefully read the signs by the roadside, and finally found his destination, the Night of Joy.

3. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 - Traitor

The Night of Joy was the biggest club on the entire bar street. It had a total of seven floors. It was a famous club in the entire Solaris where everyone went to party and squander their money. As long as one had enough money, he or she could enjoy any kind of treatment he or she wanted.

At the moment, the Night of Joy was not open yet, but it was still gorgeously decorated and brightly lit like a palace.

Rylan walked straight in. Seeing him, a waiter, who was cleaning the place, quickly rushed over and shouted, “Sir, we aren’t open yet.”

The young man replied, “I’m here for Koby, Koby Lake.”

“You’re looking for the boss?! He is resting at the moment, please come at night.” The waiter looked at Rylan curiously.

The young man calmly replied, “Go and tell him that Rylan Vossler is lookin’ for him, and he will meet me.”

Seeing some bumpkin acting so confident, the waiter thought that he might be his boss’s relative. So, he picked up the walkie-talkie. “Bro, someone is asking for the boss, he said his name is Rylan Vossler.”

After a few minutes, a young man in his thirties rushed over in large strides.

He was tall and had bright and energetic eyes. He gave the impression of being filled with vigor and energy. His aquiline nose was filled with ambition. When he caught sight of Rylan, a dark and gloomy look flickered in his eyes as if he was extremely afraid of him.

“Sir, is that really you?”

Koby laughed and gave Rylan a bear hug. “When my man told me that someone named Rylan Vossler was lookin’ for me, I thought that it may have been someone with the same name. Imagine my surprise when it really turned out to be you, sir!”

“Let me go!” Rylan put on a stoic face. “We ain’t that tight.”

The expressions of the surrounding waiters immediately changed as they quickly stepped back.

This kid is looking for death. The man in front of him was none other than Frankie, one of the thirteen captains right under Crazy Dragon, the Godfather of Solaris. He was a ruthless figure who could make the entire bar street cower in fear with a mere stomp of his foot!

To their surprise, someone dared to talk to Frankie like this. It was tantamount to seeking his own death.

Everyone thought that a ghastly sight would ensue at any moment.

“Haha, sir, you’re still as temperamental as you were in your childhood!”

Except, an embarrassed look appeared on Koby’s face as he looked up and laughed in embarrassment. “Sir, please follow me, give me a chance to entertain you.”

“All right!”

All the waiters were tongue-tied. Where did this sir pop up from? He spoke to Frankie like this and yet he hasn’t been chopped to pieces yet?

Walking along the VIP passage, the two entered a well-decorated office.

“Sir, tea?”

Koby respectfully poured him a cup of tea. His sinister eyes flickered the next moment as he politely asked, “Sir, I heard that you have Ogre Constitution, and are the greatest prodigy in the history of witchcraft. You are the only one who has opened the Oghma Temple after hundreds of years, a genius who will take over the world of witchcraft to new heights. How come the high priest let you leave the village?”

“A monster is fixin’ to be born!”

Rylan frowned slightly as a sliver of sadness appeared on his face for a moment. “The high priest let me leave to collect four kinds of primal essences to become a Dep Warlock, and to deal with the monster that is fixin’ to be born.”

Witchcraft was an ancient practice practiced by the early humans.

In ancient times, the earth had an abundance of natural energy, which resulted in the birth of many mystical and ferocious monsters. This made it extremely difficult for the humans to survive.

The brightest minds among the humans desperately sought for ways to channel this energy, and in doing so, created what was known in the modern times as witchcraft.

The practice of witchcraft allowed the early humans to gain some foothold on the earth with their weak bodies and were able to thrive in a world laden with crises.

Witchcraft allowed the humans to protect themselves, and was the earliest practice.

In every country of the world, witchcraft was the foundation of every culture.

In witchcraft, the witches and warlocks were divided into five ranks: Acolyte, Dep, Gyr, Elda, and Maximus.

Unfortunately, since witchcraft had flourished since ancient times, the rare and precious primal essences were exhausted by the witches and warlocks. So, there had been no powerful witch or warlock in the last few hundred years.

It was quite difficult to become a Dep Warlock now.

“Damn, what’s wrong with the world, the monsters are still being born. Those undying have really gone senile.”

Recalling those fearsome undying, Koby was struck with fear. He tentatively asked, “Sir, what primal essences are you exactly looking for? Maybe I can ask around.”

“I had the exact same idea!”

Rylan did not hide it either. “The so-called primal essences are solidified forms of energy, and all have their own attributes. I need the essence of wood, a millennium-old Mandrake, the essence of fire, Winestone, the essence of metal, Rubedite, and the essence of water, Ice Pearl. The high priest predicted that the millennium-old Mandrake will appear in Solaris in the near future.”

A millennium-old Mandrake! Motherfucker, it’s really hard to find a few-hundred-years-old Mandrake, where will we find a millennium-old Mandrake? Did the undying bastard really make him come here to find some fossil or did he just send him on a fool’s errand to trouble me?

Koby became apprehensive and cautiously asked, “Solaris is so big, it’ll not be easy to find a millennium-old Mandrake. Since the high priest predicted that it would appear here, why don’t you go back and ask him to do a divination again to see who possesses that Mandrake?”

“Ain’t no way in hell the high priest will do any divination now!”

Rylan closed his eyes, unable to hide his sadness. “When he divined the birth of the monster, he had already exhausted his energy. Nonetheless, he did another divination to find the location of the primal essence for me, which finally exhausted all of his energy. He returned to dust!”

“What, that old bastard finally kicked the bucket?”

Hearing that the high priest had passed away, Koby jumped up in joy. He looked really happy.

The high priest was the spiritual leader of their coven.

In recent years, the youngsters in the coven slowly started to become interested in the world with the development of society and started leaving the mountains. Except, they did not know much about the world outside the mountains, so some people received high priest’s carrot and stick guidance.

The high priest was not stingy either. He gave every young boy and girl with outstanding aptitude the basic method for initiation into witchcraft, so that these youngsters could become Acolytes and have the strength to protect themselves.

Furthermore, he even gave everyone a small piece of Gyr Warlock Bone to nourish their bodies, so that it would keep them healthy and prevent any diseases.

Except, the Gyr Warlock Bone was not given for nothing. Every young witch and warlock who took the Gyr Warlock Bone must send one third of his or her income back to the village every year to help the coven.

A few years back, Koby had taken the Gyr Warlock Bone and had been sending some money back to the coven, but in recent years, he heard that the high priest was getting older, so he reneged on his promise and had not sent a single cent. He did not care about the lives of the rest of the coven.

When he saw Rylan, he thought that the high priest had sent him to bother him, and he never expected for the high priest to have already met his maker.

He did not have anything to fear now.

There are still a lot of treasures in the coven. The Gyr Warlock Bone I had with me was taken by Boss. Since that old bastard is dead, only a bunch of old, weak, and crippled people are left in the coven. I could take my men and search the entire village.

When he came to the city, he immediately became a millionaire and started living very happily and leisurely.

“Koby Lake!”

Rylan blew his top when he heard the ungrateful and treacherous Koby curse the high priest, whom he held in very high regard in his heart. He clenched his fists and stood up in anger. “Thanks to the high priest, you got initiated into witchcraft and reached the Acolyte level, and now you are going back on your word and forgetting who made you what you are today? Furthermore, you even dare to disrespect the high priest. You really don’t have a conscience, do you?!”

“A conscience is not even worth a cent!”

Koby looked at Rylan contemptuously before looking up and laughing. “You think that just because I’m callin’ you sir, you’re above me and can walk over me? Since that old bastard is dead, what do I have to fear anymore? Who the fuck do you think you are to disrespect me? That old bastard had more treasures than you can shake a stick at. Since that old bag of bones is dead, those treasures must have fallen into your hands. Ain’t they in your bag? Give them to me, and I’ll make sure that you won’t get hungry in the future. I’ll even allow you to stay in my gang.”

“You are still coveting the coven’s treasures!”

Rylan snapped; he ground his teeth and his eyes turned bloodshot in anger as he shouted word by word, “I guess it ain’t your first time having these kinds of thoughts, I ain’t letting you get away with it!”

“You ain’t gonna let me off? You?! Again, who the fuck do you think you are?”

Koby looked at Rylan disdainfully, still leisurely sitting, before clapping his hands.

Immediately after, over a dozen young men armed with steel baseball bats and machetes swarmed into the office and surrounded Rylan, glaring at him menacingly.

The man did not take so much as a glance at them. “Koby Lake, is this your trump card? You ain’t thinkin’ that these weak ass shits can take me down?”

“Whether they can take you down or not, we’ll only know after tryin’, won’t we?”

Koby sneered as he swung his hand and ordered viciously, “Get him, but don’t kill him, just cut off his hands and feet. I still need ‘sir’ alive, I need to ask him where the coven’s treasures are stored.”

“As you say, boss!”

“You motherfucking bumpkin, how dare you call us weak ass shits?!”

“Guys, let’s get him!”

When they heard Rylan looking down on them, their eyes turned bloodshot and they were grinding their teeth in hatred. Once they received the order, they swung the steel baseball bats and machetes straight at Rylan from every possible angle.

Over a dozen baseball bats and machetes came down on the young man.

All of them were the strongest men Koby had in his gang. They were veterans of fighting, and had a tacit understanding with each other. More importantly, they all attacked him from tricky angles, making it next to impossible to dodge the attack.

From the point of view of a veteran like Koby, Rylan had no other choice but to hold his head down and squat, minimizing the damage.

Rylan, on the other hand, had a calm look on his face. Just when one of the incoming baseball bats was about to hit his head, he grabbed the sofa next to him.

The three-seater sofa that was crafted from solid wood and should weigh hundreds of kilograms was lifted and swung by Rylan like a stick.

Rylan smacked away dozens of attackers with just one swing, sending them flying like rags as baseball bats and machetes fell to the ground.

“Argh~!”

Everyone was screaming in agony, looking at Rylan like they were looking at a monster. Is this guy even human? That sofa must have weighed hundreds of kilograms, and he swung it just like that! What the fuck is his grip strength to swing it around effortlessly?! Isn’t he too strong for a human?

“Y’all are a waste, a dozen of you can’t even handle a kid. I would be better off handling him myself!”

Seeing his men rolling and crying on the floor in pain, Koby slowly got up, dusted off his sleeves before lowering his stance and putting his left foot forward. At the same time, he stretched his left hand toward the front while the right remained at his ribs, taking a stance that was both offensive and defensive. “The legendary Ogre Constitution is really strong. However, fightin’ is not all about brute force. I have left the coven a lot earlier than you, and studied with martial artists for years. You might lift heavy stuff like nothin’, but you are nothin’ more than a wild bull with brute strength. I’m more than enough to handle you.”

The first time a warlock was initiated into witchcraft, they would incorporate the essence of wild animals into their body, thereby becoming an Acolyte.

Back then, when Koby had gone through the initiation, he had incorporated the essence of three wolves into his body, which strengthened his physique and doubled his strength, but the high priest did not teach him any combat techniques.

Be that as it may, when he left the coven and mingled in the society, he learned martial arts. Furthermore, thanks to his Acolyte body, he advanced by leaps and bounds after cultivating chi.

“Since the boss is taking action himself, this kid is so dead!”

“In the past, the boss was besieged by over two dozen attackers, but none had lived to tell the tale thanks to the boss’s second-rank chi.”

“Boss also became famous after that battle and became one of the thirteen captains under Crazy Dragon!”

“This kid is so dead!”

As soon as Koby made his move, the injured men helped each other and slowly moved away from the two, shouting and cheering for their boss as if they could already see Rylan biting the dust.

4. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 - Heart Devourer

Koby let out a war cry before he disappeared from his place all of a sudden. The next moment, he appeared right in front of Rylan, punching straight at his head. His punch carried quite a lot of force behind it. It was so fast and so powerful that when it cut through the air, a faint swishing sound could be heard.

Koby’s men felt as if a flash of light blinded their eyes, by the time they regained their sight, Koby’s punch was already upon Rylan. Our boss’s punch has scared the shit out of that bumpkin, he is not moving at all.

“This kid is done!”

Most of the men in Koby’s gang were raring to applaud, even the man himself showed a triumphant smile.

The next moment, Rylan, who appeared to be terrified, listlessly raised his hand and pointed toward Koby’s fearsome punch.

Bam!

Koby looked shocked as his fearsome punch came to an abrupt stop. His entire arm began to tremble as his tall figure started to shrink by the moment. He felt as if it was not a finger that was stopping his punch but a club that weighed several thousand kilograms. He roared and used his other hand to support his other arm, but he simply failed to stop that thin and lean finger. He was unable to stand straight and suddenly knelt on the ground with a thud.

“What the fuck?!”

Koby’s men rubbed their eyes in disbelief. This guy pushed the boss down to his knees with just one finger!

Is this guy even human?

“Hmph!”

Rylan shook his head in disappointment and stated, “Witchcraft is the source of everything and is the strongest force in nature. As a member of a coven, you chose to disregard the strongest force in the world, and instead decided to study some stupid ass martial art, that’s downright dumb!”

“S… Sir, I… I was wrong!”

Rylan’s slender finger was like an enormous mountain pressing down on him. He felt as if he would be buried right then and there. Koby was appalled, and he instantly realized that Rylan might have obtained that old bastard’s legacy. He promptly begged for mercy, “Sir, spare me please, spare me, don’t kill me, I’ll help you find the primal essences you need!”

“I guess, I do need you for that!”

He withdrew his finger and swung his hand as if he was chasing away flies, slapping Koby right in the face. “Otherwise, I might woulda had oughta killed you for insultin’ the high priest, betrayin’ the coven, and plottin’ to steal the coven’s treasures.”

Boom!

Koby immediately streaked through the air as if Rylan had hit a homerun, striking the wall with a bang as the entire room shook.

“Uh!”

All of Koby’s men were struck with terror. They did not expect their invincible boss to be unable to take even one blow from this bumpkin—no, this monster.

They finally realized that they had been seeking their own doom by making a move on this monster in human skin.

“Fuck off!”

As Rylan’s gaze swept over everyone, the group of thugs fled helter-skelter.

Rylan kicked Koby, who was lying on the ground coughing blood, and took out a strange worm from the leather pouch on his waist.

“Heart Devourer!”

When he saw the little worm that looked like a centipede, Koby jumped up like he had suffered an electric shock, and tried to make a beeline toward the exit. He wished he had more than two legs to run on at the moment.

Rylan slapped him with the back of his hand without even glancing at him.

Boom!

Koby, who had just managed to take two steps, flew up like a gunny bag and crashed into the wall, spurting another mouthful of blood.

Be that as it may, he could not care less about it. He was looking at the strange worm that Rylan had just taken out with a gaze of horror. He kept shaking his head in apprehension. “No, no, sir, please, not this, I admit my mistake. Please give me a chance to turn things around, I will never do it again… ah!”

“Unless I’ve gone completely stupid, I ain’t believin’ a perfidious person like you!”

He then held Koby by his neck and tightened his grip. The next moment, the gangster’s eyes went white and his mouth opened wide. Rylan then loosened his fingers as the strange worm fell into his mouth.

“Ah… ah!”

Koby grabbed his neck and bent down. Desperate, he put two fingers in his throat and used the gag reflex to empty his stomach, but except from vomiting bitter water, he did not vomit any worm.

The next moment, Koby felt something crawling into his heart. He immediately knew that the Heart Devourer had taken root in his heart. He sighed in resignation and slumped on the ground powerlessly, resigning to his fate. “Sir, I admit my mistake, I’m yours to command in the future, my life is yours from now on. I’ll try to fulfill your every need, you just need to say whatever you wish.”

The strange worm was called the Heart Devourer. In the past, if anyone in the coven committed some heinous crime, he or she would be fed this worm.

The person who had the Heart Devourer planted in their heart would be at the mercy of the worm’s owner. With just a thought of his, its victim would immediately bear the pain of having their heart devoured, and in severe cases, their heart would be completely devoured and they would die.

Furthermore, if the master of the Heart Devourer died for some reason, the worm would go out of control and directly devour its host’s heart on its own.

In short, Koby’s life was in Rylan’s hand.

If the young man ended up dying for some reason, Koby's heart would still be devoured by the Heart Devourer and he would die along with Rylan.

Rylan snorted coldly. “Where is Gyr Warlock Bone?”

“Gyr Warlock Bone?”

Koby suddenly started panicking. He immediately slumped on the ground with a thud and knelt down, begging for mercy. “Sir, please forgive me, I-I g-gifted t-t-the D-dep Warlock B-bone to s-someone!”

Rylan smacked his palm on the table, smashing it into pieces, as he turned livid. “You’ve become pretty ballsy! Don’t you know what Gyr Warlock Bones mean to our coven? They are the bones of our ancestors who have guarded our coven’s peace in their lifetime. And now, they are protecting the descendants in their death too. The high priest has repeatedly exhorted that Gyr Warlock Bone cannot be lost. What gave you the courage to give away a bone of our ancestors?”

“Sir, please forgive me!”

Koby further lowered his head. “At the start, when that big shot saw the Gyr Warlock Bone, he discovered that it had a great effect on the body, so he asked for it. He’s very strong. I can’t refuse him, I had no choice but to give it to him!”

“You spineless bastard!”

Rylan furrowed his bow. “Who is that guy?”

Koby became flustered and kept hesitating, before finally replying hesitantly, “Crazy… Dragon.”

Rylan suddenly stood up as a firm look flickered in his eyes. “His name sound very domineerin’, where is he now?”

“Sir, you want to meet him?”

Realizing Rylan’s intention, Koby turned pale and quickly reported to him, “The Crazy Dragon is not an ordinary guy. The entire Solaris is ruled by three Godfathers, Crazy Dragon, Don Miles, and Black Widow. Among them, the Crazy Dragon is the strongest, he alone rules over half of the city!

“Furthermore, the Crazy Dragon has a lot of capable people under him. For brains, he has Benny, and for muscles, he has thirteen captains led by four underbosses. I am only one of the thirteen captains, and I’m not the strongest one either.

“I know that you have the Ogre Constitution, and possess immense strength, not in any way inferior to Hercules himself. If it was the age of cold weapons, you would have been a hero that could defeat ten thousand men alone.

“But now is the age of science and technology. It’s the world of hot weapons. The Crazy Dragon’s gang has firearms. Sir, you are the last hope of our coven. If you got injured because of me, I would not be able to repent even after death.

“Moreover, the Crazy Dragon’s location is not fixed, he keeps changing his location every day. I’m just a mobster in his gang, I am not a part of his core personnel. I have no idea about his exact location.

“I committed the mistake, so I ask you to give me a chance to atone for my sins. I will definitely find a chance to get the Gyr Warlock Bone back one way or another.

“I request you reconsider.”

By the end of the information dump he had been subjected to, the youth was fuming with anger. “Reconsider? How can I let our ancestor’s remains fall into an outsider’s hands?!”

Rylan snorted coldly and staunchly ordered, “As soon as you hear anythin’ about the Crazy Dragon, you must notify me right away. I have to get the ancestor’s remains back, there is no other choice.”

“Uh!”

Koby’s expression changed as he secretly sighed in resignation, realizing the fact that a newborn calf really was not afraid of tigers. He immediately lowered his head in awe and fear, and respectfully offered, "Yes, sir, the moment I hear anything about the dragon, I will immediately relay it to you. Sir, you are new to this city, I have a small house in a posh area for myself on the west side. I offer you my humble abode to you, and it would be my honor if you accepted it."

“Posh area my ass! Ain’t that a place filled with noise and pollution? I’ll find a place to live by myself.”

The young man then recalled the high priest’s reminder. “If you want to find the millennium-old Mandrake, you must go to Stanton High School.”

Rylan waved his hand in dismissal as he coldly ordered Koby, “I want to enter Stanton High School, make arrangements for me!”

An awkward look immediately appeared on Koby's face upon hearing this. "Sir, if it's fightin’ or killin’ someone, I can do it with ease, but how would I know how to get you into a school? I heard that findin’ a decent school is no less difficult than gainin’ a new turf."

Rylan narrowed his eyes at Koby. “If you can’t even do somethin’ so simple, what’s the use of keeping you?”

The man’s face turned pale in fright. He quickly took out a bank card from his pocket and offered it with an apologetic smile, “Sir, please calm down and forgive me for being useless. Sir, you just came here, you must need more money than you can shake a stick at! This card has my entire savings, a hundred grand. You can spend it as you like.”

“A hundred grand!”

Looking at the bank card, Rylan sneered, and raised his brow slightly. "You have been here for so many years, and have made a name for yourself as a gangster, even became one of the thirteen captains. And yet you only have a hundred thousand of savings? Oh yeah, what a promisin’ fella you are, truly!"

“Ah, sir, I’m sorry, please don’t kill me!”

The next moment, a piercing pain suddenly came from his heart. Koby no longer tried to deceive Rylan. He knelt down and promptly took out another card. “Sir, this has my entire savings, a total of 1.2 million. The rest I have spent to buy a house. If you want, I’ll immediately sell it. I presume that the property would fetch me another five to six million.”

“Forget it!”

After taking the two cards, Rylan said with a frown, “Keep the house. I’ll take this money as your punishment for renegin’ on your promise for all these years. Do you know how to make a quick buck?”

Koby replied with great caution, “Sir, there are many ways to earn a quick buck, how much do you want to earn?”

“I’ve no idea either!”

Rylan frowned and shook his head as an agonized look appeared on his face. "I once went to the apothecary to inquire, a two to three–hundred-year-old Mandrake cost five millions. As for a millennium-old mandrake, I have no idea how much that would cost. Unfortunately, I need primal essences like a millennium-old Mandrake, a Winestone, Rubedite, and an Ice Pearl to become a Dep Warlock. I can't always get my hands on them even if I found them. I can only place my bet once they appear. As for how much I will need, how could I know that? I can only make sure to prepare as much as possible."

“Uh!”

Koby was taken aback a little. After a while, he gingerly replied, “Sir, you are right. You will need an astronomical sum to buy the primal essences to reach the Dep Warlock level. Our coven has many relics left behind by our ancestors. They are lying in waste in our coven’s storehouse. They are nothing but antiques. If you took out just one or two relics and sold them, they would fetch more money than… puff!”

Before he could finish speaking, Koby flew again and crashed into the wall hard, spurting a mouthful of blood.

Rylan turned livid after hearing this. “Shut the fuck up, you spineless bastard. You still dare to covet the coven’s treasures? Even if I don’t become a Dep Warlock, I’ll not sell the coven’s treasures. If you dare to suggest something like this once more, I will kill you right away!”

“Sir, please forgive me!”

Koby bowed again and again and justified himself with a bitter look, “Sir, I was just thinkin’ how I can help you become a Dep Warlock as soon as possible. I ain’t thinkin’ about myself at all. You have already planted the Heart Devourer in my heart, I was thinking about how to help you get stronger!”

“Don’t bring this up again. If you get any news about the Gyr Warlock Bone, call me at this number!”

He casually traced on the hand rest of the chair as a series of numbers appeared on the armrest that was crafted from solid wood before striding away.

“Uh!”

Looking at the numbers on the chair that looked as if they were carved with a knife, Koby broke into cold sweat. He could not help but exclaim, “Sure ’nuff, the Ogre Constitution is quite strong. Who knows how many fearsome spells he has learned apart from brute force and the high priest’s mystical legacy.”

5. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4 - You’re Under Arrest

As the sky grew darker, the neon lights were switched on one by one. The bar street started to become livelier and livelier slowly.

Having never left the coven, Rylan was curious about almost everything. He was not in a hurry to leave. He just wandered around, eating roadside snacks, feeling the energy around him, and looking for an ideal place to live.

The streets were bustling with activity, cars were honking at every moment, loud music was playing in the shops. Not to mention the chaotic energy of the city, Rylan could not stand the noises alone.

The clock tower rang eleven times as Rylan unknowingly arrived at Queen’s Park in the suburbs.

This park had been built that same year. It was located on Mount Williams,between downtown and the suburbs. There was a famous and high-end residential community a little away from the urban areas of Solaris called Queensville. All the rich and famous people of Solaris lived there.

At the foot of Mount Williams, near the suburbs, were ordinary farmhouses.

Judging the construction of a park here rather than near the urban area, it was quite evident that the city would be slowly expanding toward this side, and those ordinary farmers would be relocated in the near future.

Rylan searched for the entire night, and felt that this park had a barely passable energy. As it was already late, he casually lay down on a nearby bench.

As far as Rylan, who grew up in a remote village on the mountains, was concerned, sleeping in the park was rather safe. He did not have to worry about being bitten by snakes and attacked by wild animals at any moment.

However, the young man suddenly heard some sounds and looked up. The next moment, he noticed a young girl with a ponytail and in pink sportswear squatting on the ground. She happened to be taking out edibles from a basket next to her one after another, feeding a group of cats and dogs around her.

The strays were very friendly to the girl. It could be easily inferred that she was a frequent visitor of the park.

Suddenly, the girl looked in Rylan’s direction and gave him a smile, apparently having sensed his gaze.

Rylan’s eyes immediately lit up.

She was quite beautiful, her beauty was on par with Elisa. When she stood up, she was over 1.7 meters tall. Her loose sportswear failed to hide her seductive figure. She had the right curves in all the right places. She had voluptuous breasts, a lithe waist, and a very sexy ass.

With a ponytail and a gentle smile on her face, the girl looked exactly like the girl next door from the sayings.

No, to be exact, she was immensely beautiful, very caring, and a sexy-as-hell girl next door.

Rylan was ruminating whether to go and have a conversation with her, when a roaring sound of an engine started getting louder and louder. It was a white SUV and had police lights flashing on its roof. It suddenly applied brakes and came to a stop right before Rylan.

The next moment, a very hot police officer jumped out of the SUV. It was none other than Elisa’s best friend, Sarah Wish.

Sarah’s pupils shrank when she caught sight of the girl feeding the stray cats and dogs. “Why is she here?”

Rylan’s eyes immediately lit up!

All my hard work to find the best place to sleep did not go down the drain. This place has such a good vibe even my luck is amazing! For such a beauty to visit me in the night, tsk tsk.

This belle has a heroic aura around her. She is not in any bit inferior to Elisa and this girl next door. Each of them has a charm of their own, the only fault she has is that her eyes are bloodshot.

“Come with me!”

Sarah grabbed Rylan’s arm and pulled him straight to the back seat without speaking a word. Next, she got into the driver's seat and stomped on the gas pedal.

Rylan, who had never ridden in the car, was looking around curiously. “Sweetheart, ain’t you a little too eager at our first meeting?”

Sarah looked at Rylan in surprise. “Didn’t you get scared when I forced you into the car?”

“Why should I be afraid of you? Could you be thinkin’ of doin’ somethin’ indecent to me?”

Rylan’s eyes widened as he crossed his arms around his chest and asked weakly like a cute little rabbit in a cage, “Please tell me you are really not thinkin’ of takin’ me to some deserted place to do somethin’ indecent to me? Help!”

Sarah raised her fist but suddenly put it down as a sinister smile crept up on her lips.

She stepped on the gas pedal as the SUV zoomed like lightning. The next moment, she suddenly steered right and made a beautiful tail flick, flinging Rylan to one side and causing his face to be pasted onto the car window.

“Sweetheart, please pay attention to safety. Even if you have taken a fancy to me and want to die with me, you must at least tell me your name first, ain’t that right?”

Rylan grabbed the handle above the door tightly as his face turned completely pale.

Rylan had confidence in his strength. When Sarah pulled him into the car, he did not take it seriously. He did not believe an ordinary girl could do anything to him.

However, he had no idea that she would drive so recklessly that it felt like she could crash it at any moment.

The mountain roads here are winding left and right. If the car skidded along the road and went flipping down the mountain, not even the Ogre Constitution would save me.

A triumphant smile appeared on Sarah’s face, watching Rylan’s face turning red and white in the rearview mirror. “Do you surrender or not?”

Rylan nodded again and again like a chick pecking rice. “I give in, I give in, sweetheart, please slow down! Please slow down a little!”

Sarah proudly asked, “Are you going to molest women again?”

Rylan shook his head like a rattle.

Sarah finally eased up on the accelerator slowly.

At least for this moment, Rylan was really afraid of this maniac girl. Not to mention molesting her, he did not even dare to utter a word to her.

Sarah finally let out a cold snort. “You fucking bastard, why is your phone switched off? Ellie has been calling you but she could not reach you. She had no choice but to ask me to go through the surveillance in the middle of the night to find you.”

At first, she was thinking of making him pay for molesting her best friend, but when she took her to the hospital for a check-up, they came to know that her health was much better than before!

When her parents heard about it, they all regarded the entire incident as running into a highly-skilled folk doctor who might really be able to cure their daughter with folk remedies.

Except, they were unable to reach Rylan, so they had no choice but to ask Sarah, who was a police captain, to find him.

“Ellie?”

Rylan was taken aback for a moment, reminiscing about the beautiful girl in the yellow dress he met yesterday. “Elisa Crown!”

In a VIP ward of the hospital with its own bathroom, toilet and unique furniture.

Elisa was lying on the hospital bed playing with her phone. Sitting beside the bed was a beautiful middle-aged woman, dressed very luxuriously. She bore a striking resemblance to the girl. Furthermore, she must have been extremely beautiful at a young age.

When she saw Sarah bringing Rylan, the beautiful middle-aged woman immediately stood up.

Having not slept all night, Sarah greeted the middle-aged woman before laying down on the spare bed in the room, dozing off in an instant.

The beautiful middle-aged woman offered Rylan a seat before introducing herself, “I’m Patricia Heart, Elisa’s mother. Mr. Vossler, thank you for saving my daughter yesterday. Ellie is my only daughter, so if anything happened to her, I really don’t know what I would do. Ellie told me that you said that as long as we paid you a hundred thousand, you could cure her?!”

Elisa glanced at Rylan. Suddenly, she remembered the incident, and consequently, the fact that the young man had given her CPR and groped her breasts, which made her blush right away.

Rylan casually waved his hand and replied, “You’re welcome, ma’am. Since I have taken the money, I felt inclined to help her fully solve her problem. Did you want to meet me today because you wanted a complete cure? I’m a wanderer and don’t bargain. As long as you pay me a hundred grand, I will cure Elisa right away.”

Before Patricia could answer, the door of the room opened and Elisa’s father, Nichola Crown, came in with a handsome doctor in a white coat.

“Ms. Heart, I know that you are worried about Ellie, but why have you started believing these charlatans?”

The handsome doctor glanced at Rylan in disgust, before reaching out to stroke Elisa’s forehead and asking gently, “Ellie, how are you feeling today?”

“I’m feeling great!”

Elisa might have been smiling, but a slight furrow had also accompanied her smile. She also twisted her head and avoided the hand, causing the hand to just brush her hair.

The handsome doctor was a little embarrassed. He glanced at the nearby Rylan and immediately blew his top, arrogantly shouting, “I’m Sylas Tanner, Elisa’s attending physician. I have studied medicine at Sweria Institute of Medicine! With me here, I advise you to drop any notion of swindling these people and get out of here, or else I will have you arrested!”

“Who is this guy? Why is he bein’ so aggressive and callin’ me a liar?” Rylan was a little confused. He turned to Patricia and asked, “Ma’am, is he really as good as he says?”

“Modern medicine pays attention to science, and doesn’t believe in folk remedies.” To appease Rylan, Patricia switched the topic. “Also, Dr. Tanner is a highly-skilled doctor. He has not just graduated from John Hopkins, but he has also published papers in many well-known peer-reviewed scientific journals and is quite an authoritative figure in the related fields. He is the backbone of the medical field of our state, and the young attending physician of our city.”

Rylan looked even more astonished. “If he is so great, then how come he can’t even cure this small problem?”

“Small problem?”

Rylan’s words ticked off Sylas completely and he went all guns blazing. “What nonsense?! Do you know what Ellie is suffering from? It’s a congenital disease. Even if we transplant her heart and transfuse her with completely new blood, unless every single blood cell carrying the pathogen isn’t removed, it can’t be cured! This is a very rare disease, and there is no effective treatment in the entire world. All we can do is use conservative management. Doctors all over the world are helpless, and you say that it’s just a small problem?! If you are not a liar, then are you some kind of miracle healer?”

Rylan leisurely took a sip of the tea and replied, “Ain’t she just infected with vampiric worms? It’s just a small problem, but you are makin’ a mountain out of a mole hill. You’re callin’ me a scammer, but I think you are the biggest scammer here! Her heart has been gnawed by vampiric worms. I always heard that a quack always harms people, I saw it with my own eyes today. If we let you continue treatin’ her, I’m afraid that she will not survive more than three years.”

Patricia turned pale the moment she heard this. Her legs went weak and she almost lost her footing as she slumped down on a chair.

Sylas suddenly started laughing in anger. “Since you keep saying that it’s a small problem, I wonder how you are planning on treating her? I’m all ears! Give us your elaborate treatment plan.”

Rylan picked up an orange from the fruit bowl and casually replied, peeling the fruit, “It’s a small problem that can be treated in a few minutes, why would I need a treatment plan?”

Sylas sneered, “What a braggart! Okay, I want to see how you will cure her. You say that you can treat her in a few minutes, I will give you even half an hour.”

Rylan rolled his eyes at Sylas and rebuked, “You ain’t the patient, nor are you a family member, so why should I fuckin’ listen to you? Will you be the one payin’ for it?”

Sylas choked up all of a sudden.

Rylan then turned to Patricia and asked, “Ma’am, tell me, do you want me to cure her or not?”

Patricia was unable to make up her mind. In her heart, she believed Sylas more than the new doctor. After all, Sylas was a very famous doctor.

Elisa became sicker and sicker over the past six months, and every time she fell ill, it would take several days to get out of bed even if she was attended to in time.

Judging by how easily he cured Ellie yesterday, he is very likely a highly-skilled folk healer, but he seems to be a little too young.

Seeing Patricia’s hesitation, Rylan patted his thigh and walked out of the door. “It’s just a small problem, why are you hesitatin’ so much? Forget it, after I healed her yesterday, Elisa has at least three months before she suffers another flare-up like that. You can come to me when y’all have made up your minds. I still have somethin’ to do, see ya.”

6. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5 - Framing

“Please don’t be angry, Mr. Vossler. Ellie is my only daughter, so I have to think a little.”

Patricia quickly grabbed Rylan’s hand and asked, “May I ask Mr. Vossler if there is any risk involved in your treatment?”

Rylan was rendered completely speechless now. “Ma’am, I have been repeatin’ that it’s just a minor illness, it’s almost like a headache, what risk can there be? Besides, I’ll remain here. If something happens to her, can I even run away?”

The young man’s words made sense to Patricia as well. She looked at Nichola before gritting her teeth and agreeing, “We’ll treat her.”

Rylan confirmed again, “Do you have the money ready?”

Patricia promptly assured him, “As long as Mr. Vossler can cure Ellie, not to mention a hundred grand, I’ll even pay you a million.”

Rylan shook his head and stated, “I treat everyone with honesty. When I say a hundred grand, I mean a hundred grand. Since we have a deal, let’s get started, shall we?”

Patricia was taken aback. “Are you going to start just like that? Doesn’t Mr. Vossler need to prepare?”

Rylan was speechless once again. “Ma’am, let me reiterate once again; Elisa is just a little sick, she doesn’t need any surgery or any medicine. Then, why should I prepare?”

Sylas hated Rylan to the core already, and wished the man would just step on it and reveal his secrets sooner, so that he could humiliate Rylan and get him thrown out.

The young doctor stood up and assured Patricia, “Ms. Heart, It’s all right. I’ll be keeping my eye on him, so let him do whatever he wants to do. I too want to see what he is up to.”

Seeing that no one had any objection, Rylan walked to the bed and asked Elisa, “What about you? Are you ready, sweetheart?”

Elisa had been plagued by this illness for her entire life. Every time she fell ill, she felt as if thousands of needles were being stabbed into her heart; it was extremely painful.

“It doesn’t matter, even if I can’t be cured, it’s not going to get any worse, and even if I end up dying, it’s better than living in pain.”

Elisa made a decision in her heart before nodding to Rylan.

“Then let’s begin!”

Rylan untied the pitch-black pouch at his waist. Placed neatly inside were rows of thin bamboo pipes. He took out one such pipe and poured out a worm. He then pinched it gently with his fingers before crying in a distressed voice, “It ain’t good, it’s too fat, it’s too fat. It would be a waste to use it for such a small disease.”

“Eww, bugs!”

When they saw that Rylan would really be using worms to treat their daughter, Patricia and Nichola were stupefied and immediately wanted to stop him. The treatment was way beyond their imagination.

The fact that their daughter was saved after she was fed a worm gave them a slight hope.

Elisa closed her eyes as her delicate body shivered. Her scalp had started to tingle as well.

“Who’s the quack now!” Sylas smiled contemptuously as a sinister gleam flashed in his eyes. “I’ll let you fool around for a while, and when you say that you have cured her, I’ll immediately do a thorough check, then slap your face with the results. Afterward, I’ll call the police and have you arrested for malpractice and fraud. It’s more or less the same anyway.”

Rylan picked up another bamboo tube and poured out a few thin, long, and almost transparent worms before he found one satisfactory. “Although it’s a little thin, its uses are more than you can shake a stick at. It’s best for restrainin’ the vampiric worms. It’s perfect.”

“I don’t want to eat bugs, I don’t want to eat bugs!”

Even though it’s not the first time Elisa was eating a worm, the last time she was fed, she was unconscious. How could it be compared to watching it with her own eyes?

Seeing Rylan picking between fat and thin worms, she could not help but feel disgusted. She covered her mouth tightly and shook her head desperately.

“You girls are so corny, it’s just a worm, and it can cure you, what’s wrong with it?”

Rylan stretched his hand a little toward Elisa who then closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Rylan’s mystical gaze saw through the woman’s entire body. He became completely focused and his hand danced around, as his finger kept pressing Elisa’s various pressure points, either closing or stimulating her blood flow.

From time to time, he would take out transparent worms from the bamboo tube and feed them to Elisa.

The man had fed Elisa nine worms one after the other. Seeing that the worms had already traveled all around the woman’s body, he put his hand on her neck.

After a while, Elisa woke up once more.

“Well?!”

Just a few minutes had gone by since she had fallen asleep and woke up, but she felt as if a boulder had been lifted off her shoulders. She was surprised to find that all the pain caused by the poor blood flow had disappeared without a trace.

Rylan clapped his hands. “It’s done.”

“Done, as in, she is cured?”

The chronic disease had been plaguing the Crowns for so many years. Many renowned doctors had raised their white flags in helplessness in the past, so everyone was in disbelief that it could be cured so easily.

Not to mention Sylas, even Nichola and Patricia were skeptical.

Rylan nodded confidently. “If you are worried, you can get her checked, don’t you have some high-tech equipment here?”

“All right, I’ll get her checked right away!”

Sylas sneered and spoke in his heart, “When the test results do come out, let’s see how long you are going to keep pretending!”

Nichola and Patricia agreed to test their daughter right away.

Whether Rylan was a swindling liar or a highly-skilled healer, they would have the answer after the results had come out.

“Sal!”

Sarah, who had fallen asleep the moment she came to the room and laid down, woke up in a daze. When she heard that Elisa was cured, she immediately cried out loud, “Oh, it’s only been half an hour, and he says Elisa has been cured? How is that possible? Let’s go! What are you waiting for? Go, go, go, have her checked!”

Everyone immediately got ready to take Elisa for the check-up.

Rylan did not care about whether everyone was excited or skeptical. He hummed a tune and sat by the table, peeling oranges at his own pace.

“Keep on pretending, let’s see if you can still sit so calmly when the results come out!”

He threw a mocking glance at Rylan before he worriedly ordered the nurse by the door, “Go and call two security guards to keep an eye on him, don’t let this swindler run away.”

The nurse immediately called the security guards via intercom.

Only then did Sylas enter the elevator and go downstairs to the examination room. Afterward, he made others wait outside and led Elisa in.

Various kinds of tests were over really fast. People would usually say that running tests in a hospital was a slow process, but it was mainly because getting things ready and waiting in the line took up a lot of time.

With Sylas there, the most talented doctor of the hospital, all these cumbersome procedures were avoided and the tests were carried out right away, and the results also came out right then and there.

“Impossible…”

The nurse suddenly cried in surprise. Sylas immediately snatched the reports from the nurse and read it right away. His face suddenly went pale as paper as he shouted, “Impossible! This is impossible!”

The man carefully read the reports again.

The reports clearly stated that Elisa was completely cured. Not only was there no pathogen in her blood, even her heart had been completely repaired. This completely went against everything modern medicine stood for.

Be that as it may, every single letter on the report was clearly printed. There was no mistaking it.

If someone else had performed the examination, he would have suspected that the reports had been falsified, but every single instrument had been operated by himself. He could not believe it.

In an instant, the realization dawned upon him that the bumpkin healer had really cured a chronic disease that no doctor in the world could cure.

If word got out about this, it would really cause a sensation in the world of medicine.

Nonetheless, Sylas was not thinking about this. At the moment, all he cared about was how this would affect him.

He had been wooing Elisa because she was so beautiful.

Furthermore, the Crowns were quite rich and influential in Solaris. Elisa’s father, Nichola, was the city’s Commissioner of Education.

Elisa’s mother, Patricia Heart, was also one of the city’s most influential women. She was an entrepreneur who was valued on the state level too. She had two companies that had gone public and provided close to two thousand jobs. She had made outstanding contributions to the city by paying a lot in taxes and providing employment.

The most important thing was that the couple only had one daughter, Elisa. As long as he could marry Elisa, he would enjoy the Crowns’ vast connections and wealth.

Nowhere else could he find such a sweet score where he could enjoy and honor for the rest of his life even by sitting still and that too at the age of twenty or so.

Ergo, he would instinctively become vigilant toward any man who approached Elisa. The first time he saw Rylan, he had an instinctive hostility toward the man. Except, he did not think Rylan could pose any threat and had completely crossed him off his rival list.

After all, the country bumpkin looked no different from the workers on the construction site. Whether it was his appearance, temperament, knowledge, or family background, he could decimate him in seconds. Such a person was not worthy of being his love rival at all.

Had he not been lucky enough to save Elisa once, a bumpkin like him would have never crossed paths with me, he would have had to make an appointment a month in advance to meet me.

Unfortunately for the doctor, a fellow that looked like a construction worker had cured Elisa with ease, which was like a slap in his face.

Now that Elisa had been cured, all his previous efforts and performance to make a good impression on the Crowns had come to naught.

What terrified him even more was the fact that he had been stopping Rylan repeatedly when he was trying to save the woman. In addition, he had been wooing her all the while, so he would be suspected that he had been stopping Rylan just to milk the Crowns of their money.

All parents would not be merciful when it came to their child, especially when they knew that someone had bad intentions toward them.

Once the Crowns get really suspicious, they will not need any evidence. It will be as simple as drinking water to get me disgraced and kicked out of the hospital with their power and prestige.

“No, I cannot allow this to happen!”

Sylas had lost his usual demeanor. He was grabbing his hair and cold sweat was dripping down his cheeks. Suddenly, an idea clicked him. “What if I make the Crowns believe that Elisa hasn’t recovered but even worsened?”

The more Sylas thought about it, the more excited he became. He also admired himself for coming up with such a great idea.

This way, not only will all my problems be solved, but even that hillbilly will be proved a charlatan.

After some time, I will do something, and then claim that Ellie has been cured. Then, not only Ellie will come to like me, but I will also become famous in the medical field.

Once Rylan is labeled a quack, he will never have the chance to come around. At that time, I will get all his remedies from his hands.

Sylas began imagining a bright future filled with fame and fortune, and a beautiful woman in his arms.

As for what would happen to Rylan, Sylas did not give it much of a thought. From the start, Sylas had never been kind. Since the country bumpkin had stepped on his toes and was hindering his plans, he could not care less about the man; rather, he would be happier the more terrible Rylan’s life became.

Now that he had made up his mind, everything that followed was pretty simple. Tampering with the reports for a professional like Sylas was a piece of cake.

When the nearby nurse saw Sylas tampering the reports, her face immediately changed.

Sylas gave the nurse a grim smile and stated, “If you dare to say anything about this to anyone, I’ll kill you! You didn’t see anything, do you understand?”

Being at the brunt of Sylas’s threatening glare, the nurse felt as if she was being stared at by a poisonous snake, so she nodded in agreement right away.

7. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 6 - Dean

Sylas sorted his words and adjusted his state before walking out of the examination room with the tampered reports.

Nichola, Patricia, and Sarah quickly surrounded him and asked, “Dr. Tanner, how is Ellie? Has she recovered?”

Sylas heaved a sigh and replied, “Ms. Heart, I told you to not believe in that charlatan, but you didn’t listen to me. You thought that some miracle might happen. You thought that you had run into a miracle healer, and he might have a folk remedy to cure Ellie. Sigh…”

Sylas shook the reports in his hands and continued, “How is Ellie?! Not only has Ellie not recovered, but even her condition has worsened!”

Patricia’s mind went blank after hearing this. She grew worried about Elisa’s condition and quickly asked, “But doesn’t Ellie look far better than before?!”

Sylas immediately pretended to be angry and shouted angrily, “I don’t know what that swindler gave her, I guess it must be some kind of stimulant or something, so while she might look better than before, her illness had gotten worse.”

The doctor shook his head. “This is the usual trick performed by those charlatans. First, they would use the grief of the patient’s family, then pretend to be highly skilled and exaggerate their skills, just to then carry out some make-believe treatment to fool the family into giving them money. Ultimately, they would finally escape with the money. They don’t care whether the patient lives or dies. Ms. Heart, now do you believe that he is an out-and-out swindler?”

Sarah ground her teeth in anger and cried, “That guy is so disgusting! Someone is terminally ill and he is still trying to cheat. I will beat the shit out of him and throw him into prison to rot in for eight to ten years.”

Sylas could not help but be secretly proud of himself. “Hmph, kid, you’re in my territory, you can’t do anything here!”

After returning to the ward, Sylas deliberately walked in the back and whispered a few instructions to the security guards standing by the door.

“You fucking swindler!”

Sarah was pushing Elisa into the ward, and seeing Rylan still sitting and leisurely drinking tea, she immediately became outraged. She rushed to the youth and grabbed him by his shirt before lifting him up.

Rylan almost choked on the tea. “Sarah, have you gone fuckin’ nuts? What the hell are you talkin’ about. You might would better let go of me! If you weren’t a woman, I woulda broken your hands right this instant!”

Sylas snorted coldly, “Now that the truth is out, you are getting angry out of embarrassment, aren’t you? You are even saying how you would have beaten her!”

“Truth, what truth?!”

Rylan looked confused and asked, “Is this how you treat your savior?”

Sarah, seeing that Rylan was still claiming to be Elisa’s savior even now, could not help but scold, “You are still pretending! You said that you could cure Ellie, and Ms. Heart believed you because she was eager to save her daughter. How would she have known that you would actually use stimulants? Now, not only has Ellie not recovered, but her condition has worsened! And here you are, still proudly proclaiming yourself Ellie’s savior?!”

“Stimulants?! Worsened?! What the hell is goin’ on? Ain’t she cured already?”

Rylan was a little stupefied. Suddenly, he seemed to have come to some realization and shouted angrily, “Thinkin’ of goin’ back on our deal, ain’t y’all?!”

Sarah shouted loudly, “You swindling bastard, you are still thinking of asking for money even now?! You really have no conscience at all!”

Rylan looked at Patricia and Nichola. The couple looked sad and did not appear to be conning him.

Sarah’s fury did not appear fake either.

Elisa had also believed in Rylan. She had not expected Rylan to be a swindler instead. She looked at the man in disappointment.

Since they ain’t thinkin’ on goin’ back on their deal, then this is strange! Could it be that I made a mistake and Elisa isn’t cured?

A golden flash flickered in Rylan’s eyes as he looked at Elisa.

The girl’s clothes disappeared layer by layer, then her skin, and finally, he was looking straight at her innards.

Her heart, which was very weak and looked as if it would stop beating at any moment, was now completely repaired by the spirit worms and beating strongly.

Rylan struggled to free himself from Sarah’s hold.

Sarah, seeing that Rylan was still trying to fool them, got ready to beat the shit out of the man.

Sylas, who had ulterior motives, naturally did not want to make things worse. He quickly stopped the policewoman. “Ms. Wish, you are a police officer, it’s unbecoming of you to beat someone. I have seen many swindlers like him, we should arrest him and hand him over to the police.”

Sarah let out a cold snort before turning her head away.

Sylas waved to the security guards who immediately pulled out their rubber batons and started walking toward Rylan with a grin on their faces.

Kid, just you wait, I’ll see how you will escape from me now. Sylas made a plan in his mind. But first, I have to get the remedies in his hands.

Rylan was not someone who would give up without any resistance. He might not have any idea about what went wrong, but there were only two guards. Taking them down was a piece of cake for an Acolyte with Ogre Constitution like him.

Just when Rylan was about to make his move, the door of the ward opened again as an old man with white hair and beard accompanied by a middle-aged man walked in.

Everyone stood up and greeted the duo, “Mr. Byers, Dean.”

Mr. Byers and Dean furrowed their brows, seeing the tense atmosphere in the room.

The dean asked the security guard angrily, “What are you doing? This is a VIP room! Who allowed you to do things like this here?”

When the security guard saw the dean being so angry, he knew that he was in trouble and he might even lose his job. He immediately reported everything to him, “Dr. Tanner said that there is a swindler here, and asked us to come in to drive him out.”

Seeing the dean staring at the baton, he quickly directed trouble in another direction. First, he changed the target of dean's anger away from himself and then whispered to him, “Dr. Tanner asked us to teach the swindler a lesson so that he would never forget not to swindle grieving families like them.”

Sylas was struck with worry right away.

He was so close! If Mr. Byers and the dean had come just a little later, he would have had Rylan thrown out of there. At that time, whatever he said would have been the truth!

Be that as it may, things did not always go exactly as planned. Since the matter had reached this point, Sylas could not do anything about it either. He could not have Rylan beaten and be silenced right before everyone. He wanted to do it, but did not have the guts to follow it through.

As for Rylan, it was a piece of cake for him to deal with these two security guards, but since the dean was here, accompanied by so-called Mr. Byers, he decided to not do anything for now. Since Mr. Byers could make the dean accompany him, it was evident that the man was not an ordinary guy.

Rylan was just trying to make money by curing Elisa. If a third party could prove his claim, Rylan would not have to do anything.

This matter had hurt the dean’s prestige, so he waved his hand to make the security guards leave.

Sylas forced a smile and asked, “Teacher, Dean, what are you doing here?”

The dean snorted coldly and ignored the young doctor.

Mr. Byers however smiled indifferently and gently stated, “Sylas, although you have practiced under me for a few days, you don’t need to call me teacher. You can call me Professor Byers or Mr. Byers.”

His implication was obvious. Don’t try to pull out the acquaintance card, we are not that close

Mr. Byers spoke to Nichola, “I heard someone say that Ms. Crown’s chronic illness has been cured. It piqued my curiosity so I came uninvited. I hope Mr. Crown will forgive my intrusion.”

The old man was a well-known expert in the world. He was very famous in the medical field, and also a leading figure in the domestic medical field.

Nichola and his wife had heard that Mr. Byers had retired and stayed at home. They had gone to him multiple times asking for help before he agreed to help the Crowns. Mr. Byers had always been interested in such rare diseases, so he had agreed to leave his retirement.

Because of Elisa, Mr. Byers had often met with the Crowns, and he was quite close with them. Nichola immediately replied, “It’s our blessing that you came to visit Elisa.”

Mr. Byers stopped talking and looked at Elisa who was lying on the bed. He could not help but exclaim in curiosity, “Huh?!”

Hearing Mr. Byers’s exclamation, everyone suddenly became tense. The man explained, “Don’t worry, I couldn’t help but exclaim when I saw Elisa doing so well.”

Saying so, he reached out his hand toward Elisa to check her pulse, who also very cooperatively lifted her arm toward him.

Mr. Byers meticulously checked Elisa’s pulse. Sometimes he would frown, sometimes he would be relaxed, and sometimes he would hum in curiosity, which caused everyone’s heart rate to rise and fall like a roller coaster.

After a few minutes, Mr. Byers finally let go of Elisa’s wrist and stated with a serious look on his face, lamenting, “Not only has her blood defect been completely cured, but even her heart has been repaired. This is a miracle, she has been pulled over from the jaws of death. Sure enough, miracles do exist in this big world. I, Finlay Byers, am lucky to meet a miracle healer in my lifetime. I can now die without regrets.”

Saying so, he grabbed Nichola’s hands and asked, “I wonder who has treated Ms. Elisa? Can you introduce me to that sir?”

“Sir, you beard has gone all white, and you are makin’ me look old by callin’ me sir. Please, just call me by my name.” Rylan felt proud after hearing someone praise him. “You don’t need to be polite. You’ve pretty good eyes, you can tell how good I am with a single glance. I’ve already told ma’am that it was just a small problem, that’s all, but she’s still worried about it so much.”

Rylan was such a person. When others provoked him, he would show no mercy, but when others respected him, he respected others in return.

Finlay did not expect the healer to be just a teenager. He was taken aback for a while, but at the end of the day, he had seen all kinds of things in his entire life. He quickly reacted and immediately bowed to him a little. “Knowledge has nothing to do with age. Even a kid can teach you things. Sir, if you can cure such a chronic disease, you deserve to be called sir, even by me!”

Patricia and Nichola were shocked when they saw that Mr. Byers insisted on calling Rylan “sir.”

They had gone to Mr. Byers house many times because of his expertise in medicine.

To their surprise, the proud old man was now calling Rylan “sir” like a primary school student. They could not help but be surprised at this sight.

However, on second thought, they understood. Someone like Mr. Byers did not care about background and seniority. There was only one reason for him to bow, and that must be that Rylan’s medical skills have made Mr. Byers admire him.

The old man suddenly noticed the leather pouch hanging on Rylan’s waist as a look of surprise flashed in his eyes, as if he was trying to remember something.

He suddenly slapped his thigh. “Sir, you are wearing a warlock bag on your waist?! Do you happen to know Sir Morven Vossler?!”

8. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7 - Disappointment

The high priest of their coven was Morven Vossler. Rylan had not expected Finlay Byers to know the high priest.

A serious look appeared on Rylan’s face as he replied, “Morven Rossler is the name of the high priest of our coven. Sir, do you know our high priest?”

A reminiscing look appeared on Finlay’s face. “When I was young, I followed my teacher around the world. Back then, we encountered a patient. My teacher did everything he could to save him but was unable to cure him, and just when we were about to give up, we met Sir Vossler. Sir Vossler cured the patient in a single session. At that time, Sir Vossler was also wearing the warlock bag on his waist.”

Saying so, a smile appeared on Finlay’s face. “It’s quite a coincidence, I’m meeting Sir Vossler’s descendant today, and I’m still in the same predicament as I was back then. Since Sir Vossler has passed the warlock bag to you, then you must be Sir Vossler’s best student. I haven’t met Sir Vossler in decades, how is he doing these days?”

Rylan’s face turned gloomy. “The high priest has returned to dust!”

Finlay could not help but feel regretful after hearing this news. “Even someone as magnificent as Sir Vossler can’t withstand the passage of time. My teacher wanted to become Sir Vossler’s student, but he was rejected by the warlock. Nonetheless, my teacher still studied with Sir Vossler for a few years, and although he could not be regarded as Sir Vossler’s disciple to be precise, my teacher still regarded Sir Vossler as his master. If we go by seniority, you sir should still be considered my senior.”

Finlay looked at Elisa before sighing once more. “I was surprised that such an incurable disease was cured, but since sir was behind it, it isn’t strange either. With your miracle hands doing the wonders, the future is bound to be filled with limitless possibilities!”

Rylan knew that an old and stubborn person like Finlay had a deep-rooted concept of seniority, otherwise he would not be treating him like this.

The man no longer bothered with unnecessary and superfluous formalities. He turned his attention toward Sylas, who had receded into a corner, and coldly stated, “I ain’t gonna have a future that you’re envisionin’. Dr. Tanner just came with reports and said that I ain’t cured anything, and that Ms. Crown’s condition had gotten worse!”

Finlay also looked at Sylas. “Oh, did something like that happen? Sylas, where are the reports? Let me have a look.”

The young doctor was immediately in a tight spot. As long as Finlay saw the reports, his fabrications would be immediately exposed. Therefore, how could he show them to the old man?

Sarah had no such worries. She promptly picked up the reports on the table and handed them to Mr. Byers.

When he looked at the reports, he shouted aloud, “This is impossible! If Ms. Crown was in this condition, there is no way she would be so well. Ms. Crown’s pulse is quite strong and steady. Her heartbeats are strong and her complexion is ruddy too. How could she be like this?”

“There is something wrong with these reports!” Mr. Byers proclaimed firmly.

Sylas slumped down on the ground in fright.

Everyone present in the room was quite smart and astute. After hearing what Mr. Byers said and seeing Sylas’s reaction, how could they still fail to understand the truth of the matter?

Sarah grabbed Sylas by his collar, lifted him up and asked angrily, “Did you temper with Ellie’s reports?”

Seeing it, Rylan concluded that Sarah really liked to grab others by their collars.

Sylas hesitated but did not answer her question.

Not giving an answer was akin to tacit agreement. Sarah ground her teeth in anger. “Wow, hat’s fucking off to you! It would be fine if you just couldn’t cure Ellie. But not only did you try to stop Mr. Vossler from curing Ellie, what’s even more sick is that you actually framed him after Ellie had been cured. You even gave us the entire bullshit story about using stimulants! What, were you trying to claim credit for her recovery after a few days?”

If Rylan still did not take the opportunity to finish Sylas off when he had already fallen down, then when would he?

The young man teared up and agreed with her assessment, “That must be it. He used me and then even tried to have me beaten. He musta been tryin’ to take advantage of our conflict. Later, he woulda claimed everythin’ and then wooed Ellie. Fuck me, he is willing to go any lengths to get his grubby hands on fame, glory, and women. What a scheamin’ bastard! We woulda been really fooled by him had Mr. Byers not arrived in time! I can’t take this anymore, the people in the city are so scheming, I want to go back to my village!”

“You despicable and shameless bastard, I’ll beat you to death!”

Sarah could not hold her temper back anymore, and showered Sylas with punches and kicks without any mercy.

“Ah, Officer Wish, you can’t take the law into your hands. Please spare me, I’m sorry, please don’t hit me! Please, no, not my face!”

Sylas hunkered down on the ground holding his head, and kept begging for mercy.

Elisa had mixed feelings. She had always known that Sylas was wooing her. The young doctor was indeed a pretty good match for her in all aspects. He was successful, educated, and good-looking too. Despite that, she had always had a feeling that there was a dark side to him. By the looks of it, her hunch had been correct all along.

Patricia and Nichola loved Elisa very much. Since Sylas had bad intentions toward their daughter, they very much wanted the man dead. They did not speak a word to stop Sarah, and kept watching the beating like spectators.

Finlay, who was a little acquainted with Sylas, was also very disgusted by his conduct which violated the doctor code of ethics. Furthermore, after coming to know Rylan’s origins, he naturally felt a lot closer to the young warlock.

After realizing that things had taken a turn for worse, the nurse quietly slipped away.

The dean wanted to help, but he knew the power and influence of everyone present in the room. He secretly heaved a sigh before he turned around and left.

At this moment, the doctor who had graduated from Sweria Institute of Medicine and was accoladed with many awards did not even have a single person to help him out.

Seeing that it was almost over, Rylan also went over and pulled Sarah. “Sweetheart, why are you so temperamental? Ain’t you satisfied after beating him for almost an hour?”

Rylan did not forget to take advantage of the situation and kick Sylas twice while talking with the policewoman.

The young warlock’s kicks were far stronger than Sarah’s. Sylas’s face immediately turned blue as he arched his body in pain.

Seeing his brazen conduct, Sarah shot Rylan a contemptuous look.

At the end of the day, Sylas was a highly educated fellow. He knew that a great man knew when to yield and when to advance. He turned around and fell on Rylan’s foot. “I was wrong, I shouldn’t have been jealous of you and stopped you from saving Ms. Crown. I beg of you to let me go, I promise that I will treat you as my master from now on.”

Rylan shot a cold glare at Sylas before ignoring him.

Seeing that it was useless to beg the warlock, the doctor quickly crawled to Patricia and grabbed her feet. “Ms. Heart, I was wrong, please take all the time I have spent diligently treating Ms. Crown when her condition was acting up and let me go!”

The woman glanced at Sylas, who was lying before her feet, and snorted coldly. “If it wasn’t for the fact that you have saved Ellie many times, do you think you would still be given a chance to beg for mercy? You can go. Go far away from Solaris, and don’t let us see you again set foot in this city. Otherwise…”

Sylas was feeling unreconciled and wronged, but he did not dare to let it appear on his face. The Crowns had given him a way out. It would have been easy for them to make him disappear off the face of the Earth without a sound.

The young doctor decided. He would immediately go home, pack his things, and leave Solaris once and for all.

He could not say for sure whether Patricia would change her mind. If the Crowns started regretting letting him go, he would be finished.

Patricia had no intention of oppressing Sylas anymore. After all, the illness that had been plaguing her dear daughter for over twenty years had been cured already. It was a cause for celebration. She only had her daughter on her mind and paid no attention to an insignificant guy like Sylas.

Under Mr. Byers’s supervision, Elisa was thoroughly checked again, and the reports showed that the girl’s body had returned to normal.

Finally, everyone was truly at ease.

Patricia and Nichola took Elisa in their embrace, laughing joyfully.

With tears welling up in her eyes, Patricia emotionally thanked their benefactor, “Thank you Mr. Vossler for healing Ellie, Nichola and I will be eternally grateful to you!”

“You’re welcome, ma’am. Since Ms. Crown and I met each other, we must have been brought together by fate. I couldn’t sit back and watch her die.” Rylan waved his hand in dismissal and added, “Besides, I still need to be paid for the medical treatment. Is it okay with you to settle the bill right now?”

Having said that, Rylan started rubbing his hands like a money grubber.

Elisa immediately covered her mouth and started giggling.

Patricia and Nichola had met their fair share of shrewd people. They found it amusing that the man in front of them spoke so frankly.

Even though the Crowns were rich, they were not carrying 100,000 in cash with them. Therefore, Rylan had no choice but to follow the rejoiced parents to their mansion.

Elisa had no idea how many times she had been to the hospital in her life. Every single memory of her hospital was filled with pain. Now that she had recovered, she pulled Sarah and escaped from the hospital like her butt was on fire.

At the entrance of the hospital, Mr. Byers handed Rylan his business card and said, “It is my pleasure to have met Sir Vossler in my life. I hope it would not be an inconvenience for you to leave me your contact information so that I can visit you some other day.”

Rylan had grown accustomed to Mr. Byers’s politeness already. He casually took the old man’s business card and put it in his pants’ pocket, replying, “I don’t have any business cards!”

“Then how about you leave me your phone number, so that we can get in touch later!” Mr. Byers promptly came up with an alternative. He then quickly waved his hand and ordered, “Quickly bring me a pen and paper!”

“Uh…”

Everyone was dumbfounded at this sight. While everyone would line up to even just a word with the world renowned Mr. Byers, this kid was actually reluctant when Mr. Byers was the one asking for his phone number!

After Rylan wrote down the number, Mr. Byers took it like the piece of paper was a priceless treasure. He memorized it and after dialing and confirming that it was right, he carefully put it in his coat’s inner pocket.

After bidding Mr. Byers goodbye, Elisa invited Rylan to ride in Sarah’s car, but the warlock ran over and got into Patricia’s car like a mouse that had seen a cat.

Seeing Elisa’s perplexion, Sarah leaned into the girl’s ears and told her about the morning incident.

“I thought he wasn’t afraid of anything.” A beautiful and charming smile bloomed on Elisa’s lips, causing everyone around her to steal glances of her joyful features again and again.

The Crowns lived halfway up the mountain on the city’s southside. There were only a few villas on the entire mountain, and it could be said that the people living there were occupying the entire mountain.

Just this was enough to show how influential the Crown family was in Solaris.

As they reached the Crowns’ villa, Rylan was welcomed by a crowd of servants as soon as he walked through the door. Sarah was unhappy and rolled her eyes multiple times at the sight of this, causing Elisa to cover her mouth and snicker.

The villa was not that luxuriously decorated, and instead opted for an ancient and elegant feeling. Rylan could not help but nod in praise after seeing the decor.

When Rylan saw Patricia bringing a large stack of banknotes from the room, Rylan’s eyes immediately lit up as he took the bundle with a wide grin.

Rylan immediately licked his thumb and began counting the Benjamins. “100, 200, 300…”

“Money grubber!”

Sarah rolled her eyes at him, while a smile appeared on Elisa’s lips. I have never seen such an interesting person before.

Patricia and Nichola looked at each other and smiled.

There were a thousand notes of a hundred dollar bill. It would take Rylan a long time to count them all. When Rylan had counted over seven hundred, Sarah suddenly slapped his shoulder and asked like a waiter, “Sir, is there anything I can bring you? Water, tea, coffee, soda, coke, beer…?”

“What… Argh! What have you done?!” Rylan glared at her and snapped, “I have been counting them for so long, and you made me forget where I was. Now I have to restart from scratch!”

9. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 8 - Future Father-in-law and Mother-in-law

“Hahaha!” Sarah and Elisa could not hold it anymore and burst into laughter, laughing their asses off as they fell on the sofa.

Rylan did not care about their ridicule.

In his opinion, counting money was the best and the happiest thing in the world. When he used to live in the village in the mountains, he only got sixty dollars a month as allowance.

Even saving his allowance for an entire year was not enough to pay for just a one-night stay in the city.

Besides, this was what I earned in a fair and honest way. What’s wrong with counting for these two stupid girls to act like this?

They must really have lost their minds.

After counting the money, Rylan took out a carry bag and put the money in a plastic bag. Afterward, he nodded to everyone and bid his goodbye, “I’ve already cured Elisa, I got the money too, I’m leavin’, goodbye!”

“Wait a minute!”

Patricia grabbed Rylan’s hand and insisted, “Mr. Vossler, if you have time, why don’t you have lunch with us before leaving?”

Seeing that the young man was a little hesitant, Elisa also walked over and offered, “Mr. Vossler, you said that you just left the mountains yesterday, how about I help you surf the internet?”

As expected, Rylan took the bait and asked with glimmering eyes, “Internet?! On the radio, they said that there is somethin’ called computer through which you can know what’s going in the world. Is that true?”

Seeing the girl nod, Rylan immediately grabbed Elisa’s small, soft hand. “Let’s go, I’ve long wanted to try it out.”

Watching the trio make their way into Elisa’s bedroom on the second floor, Nichola frowned. “Since Ellie is already cured, why are you still trying so hard to please this rustic kid?”

“Can you guarantee that Ellie’s illness will never return?”

Staring at her husband, Patricia added sternly, “Besides, I think Rylan is a pretty good kid. You may think that he is rustic, but in my opinion, he treats everybody with sincerity. If he likes someone, he shows it, and if he doesn’t like someone, he also shows it. He doesn’t pretend or act. Compared to that sanctimonious hypocrite, Sylas, he is a hundred times cuter.”

Nichola asked in shock, “You are not thinking of acting as a match-maker for Ellie and this kid, right?”

Patricia calmly smiled. “Why not?”

Nichola stood up abruptly. “Why not?! Look at him, even if I look past his rusticity, he is uneducated, he has no background, and he is downright poor. He isn’t worthy of our Ellie!”

“You are being overly materialistic!”

Patricia heaved a sigh. “When doctors all over the world were unable to do anything about Ellie’s illness, Rylan cured her in a few minutes. Everyone was far more educated than him, but was their education helpful? The States are so big, but how many people in the States have a background so admirable that a world-renowned doctor like Mr. Byers would gladly address them as ‘sir’? As for wealth, what good is it for terminally ill people? Can they buy their lives with money? Well, now they will be able to. With Rylan’s superb medical skills, will it not be easy for him to make a fortune?”

“Uh!”

Nichola was rendered speechless.

Patricia took her husband's hand and continued in a comforting voice, “We don’t need our daughter to marry someone richer. Our wealth is more than enough for Ellie to live a luxurious life. As long as she can be happy, why care about such irrelevant things? In the future, when we have grown older, we won’t have to be worried about getting sick. Isn’t it better to have such a skilled son-in-law?”

“You’re right!”

Nichola, who had come to his senses, added, “But only if Ellie likes him. If she doesn’t like Rylan, it’s useless for you to act as an advocate for them.”

Patricia nodded her agreement. “Of course! If they don’t click, I can’t do anything either. I’ll only say that God might have other plans for her. However, I believe in our daughter’s charm and taste!”

Rylan was watching Elisa operate the computer with rapt attention.

He was completely oblivious to the fact that Nichola and his wife downstairs had already settled on him as their son-in-law.

Sarah, on the other hand, was lying on Elisa’s bead, watching Rylan and Elisa sitting side by side, as the girl carefully explained, and the young man attentively listened, ignoring her altogether.

Looking at Rylan, her eyes flickered with a resentful look as if he had snatched away her favorite toy.

Just when Sarah was thinking about separating the two, her phone rang.

She angrily answered the phone. In the next moment, her expression changed just after listening to the first two sentences from the other side of the phone.

“What?! Someone is raging a gang war in the south?! And you suspect that an underground gang is seizing the territory?! Okay, I’m in the southern side of the city, I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

After speaking, she jumped down from the bed, put on her shoes, and ran outside.

While passing the hall downstairs, she quickly bid goodbye to Nichola and Patricia, and left without waiting for them to reply. She jumped into her car and whizzed away.

Elisa got up and leaned outside the window looking outside, and muttered, “Sal is already the lieutenant in Vice Squad, yet she is so impulsive. How will she find a boyfriend?”

Since Rylan was already attracted to the computer, he could not care less about Sarah.

When Elisa got up and left, he picked up the mouse and started imitating Elisa’s movements, trying to operate the computer with complete lack of familiarity.

Elisa glanced at him to check what he was doing before ignoring him. She then sat down on the bed and started playing with her phone.

Suddenly, a seductive moan that a woman could only make in special circumstances came from the speakers.

Elisa looked up and saw a sexy woman in revealing clothes twisting her body around on the screen, while Rylan was clicking here and there in utter confusion.

This was just a pop-up window that would automatically pop-up when one browsed some small websites. Usually, one would usually close it the moment it popped up, but with Rylan here, the atmosphere suddenly became ambiguous.

The woman walked to the computer with a blush on her face, bent over to grab the mouse and closed the pop-up window.

Rylan turned his head and his gaze was immediately drawn to Elisa’s ravishing breasts.

As the woman was bending over, her dress’s neckline was hanging down from her back, exposing her voluptuous breasts to Rylan’s eyes.

The young man could not take his eyes off the deep ravine before his eyes, those plump and seductive breasts, her fair and smooth skin…

Rylan had seen Elisa more than once, but it was all during treatment, when Elisa’s life was at stake. At that time, Rylan did not have the luxury to be distracted by perverted thoughts.

Now, her partly hidden and partly revealed boobs had blown the young man’s mind away.

Seeing Rylan remain silent for a long time, Elisa lowered her head and looked at him. Only then did she realize that her boobs were showing, and Rylan was staring at them, gulping.

Elisa’s face turned a vibrant shade of crimson, so red that she would drip blood if someone pinched her cheeks. She promptly covered her chests with both hands and stood up straight.

Rylan regretfully retracted his gaze and stated with a perverted smile, “I’ve already touched them, why are you being shy after just a peek?!”

A pillow immediately flew over and hit Rylan in the head.

“Speaking of which, I forgot to remind you,” the young man warned as a serious look appeared on his face.

Even though Elisa was ashamed and angry, she put down the other pillow in her hand and listened to him with rapt attention.

Rylan coughed and continued solemnly, “The last time I gave you CPR, I found that your bra was too tight, and it was deforming your breasts. You shouldn’t wear such tight underwear from now on. It’s not good for your health, and it will also affect the development of your boobs. Although your breasts are already well-developed, women are the same as men in this regard, we all want them to be bigger.”

“You rascal, I’m going to kill you!” Elisa could not hold herself any longer. She took the pillow and threw herself straight at Rylan.

Knowing that she could not beat the man, she directly bit and scratched him.

“Mr. Vossler, Ellie, lunch is ready.”

As Sarah left in a hurry, she forgot to close the door. So, when Patricia walked to the door, she happened to see Ellie pouncing at Rylan, biting his neck, her hands all over the young man.

Patricia turned around and walked away, muttering to herself, “We were just talking about bringing the two closer, but aren't things moving too fast?”

Elise buried her head in the bed. “It would have been better if I was dead.”

Seeing the woman burying her head like an ostrich, Rylan patted her casually and said, “Ma’am is calling us to eat.”

And the place he patted her on… was her ass.

After somehow appeasing the girl that still wanted to kill him, the two went downstairs together. Patricia had already set the table.

Elisa was following behind Rylan just like a bride who had just married and had her first night. She was blushing and her head was lowered in embarrassment.

Nichola furrowed his brow, but in the end, he did not say anything.

Patricia had not told him anything about what she had seen when she had gone to invite them.

During the lunch, Patricia kept asking Rylan standard questions. Where was he from, how old was he, or who else was there in his family.

She was completely acting like a mother-in-law interviewing her son-in-law on the first meeting.

Rylan replied to her every question. The young man was an orphan. The high priest found him wrapped in a blanket and picked him up. Rylan had no idea who his real parents were. After learning all this, Patricia teared up a little and looked at the young man with maternal love in her eyes. Her gaze was filled with tenderness, and she kept offering Rylan one dish after another. Even Elisa, who had just recovered from a terminal disease, was not getting such attentive treatment.

Rylan had never been on the receiving end of maternal care like Patricia was giving him.

No matter how strong Rylan was, he was only a teenager at the end of the day. He silently accepted the woman’s kindness.

The lunch ended in a warm atmosphere.

The meal brought Rylan closer to the Crowns. Patricia even started calling him by his name rather than referring to him as Mr. Vossler.

“Rylan, you just came to Solaris. What are your plans for the future?”

The young warlock replied, “I ain’t got no plans. Just now, Elisa helped me surf the net. I realized that I have a lot to learn, so I have decided to go to school. I heard that Stanton High School isn’t bad, but I don’t know whether they would accept me or not.”

Patricia hurriedly added, “Nichola is the Commissioner of Education of Solaris. He will make some calls and get you in, don’t worry. By the way, to which grade have you studied? 11th grade or 12th grade?”

Rylan replied, “Third grade.”

Elisa immediately spurted the water she was drinking.

Even Patricia and Nichola looked at him in disbelief.

Rylan scratched his head in embarrassment and explained, “I was trained by the high priest as a warlock since childhood, mainly studyin’ wizardry, sorcery, evocaton, healin’ and other things. The nearest school was twenty miles away from our village and I had to walk there. The priest said that I would be wastin’ half a day just travelin’, so he made me study at home.”

Patricia furrowed her brow and stated, “Your situation is rather troublesome. You can’t be sent to high school, and you aren’t suitable to be sent to a middle or elementary school.”

Elisa suggested, “Then he should just continue to study by himself. With his intelligence, Rylan should not have a problem studying at home.”

Rylan puffed his chest in pride. “That’s right, even the high priest said that I was a rare genius born once in hundreds of years.”

“Yeah, I can see that. Your intelligence speaks for itself.”

Elisa immediately struck while the iron was hot. She quickly looked at Nichola and stated, “Dad, since I’ve recovered, I want to go back to Stanton High and continue to be a teacher. Doesn’t Rylan also want to go to Stanton High? I heard that Ms. Mitchell went on maternity leave, and would be unavailable for over half a year. How about you talk to the principal, and ask him to let Rylan work as a nurse there? Rylan should have no problem acting as the school nurse with his skills. I can also help him out sometimes.”

“School nurse? How much does a nurse earn?”

Rylan did not really like the sound of this job, but if he could enter Stanton High, he would take it.

10. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 9 - The Overbearing Demolition Crew

Patricia immediately agreed with this idea, but she was a little worried about Elisa’s condition. After all, she had just recovered from a serious illness. So, she asked, “Rylan, is it all right for Ellie to go to work?”

Rylan smiled confidently. “Ellie is like a normal person now. After the spirit worms I left in her body had devoured the vampiric worms, they would release energy that is beneficial to her health. Her condition will only get better and better.”

Patricia was relieved and suggested with a smile, “Ellie and you will be colleagues, and you just came to Solaris. You have no place to go and don’t know anyone here, so why don’t you just live in our house? You two can go to Stanton High together, it will be much more convenient.”

Rylan waved the suggestion off and declined, “That ain’t gonna be necessary. I have some other business to attend to in Solaris. I’ll find a place to live by myself.”

Patricia knew that the man was not planning on explaining any more, so she did not bother him with any more questions either.

Since she knew that Rylan still had to find a place for himself, Patricia no longer insisted on keeping him here, and asked Elisa to drop Rylan off.

After she had dropped the man at Queen’s Park, she could not help but be a little worried for him. She confirmed again, “Are you sure you don’t need us to find you a place? You are so young, and there are many bad people in the city.”

Rylan immediately became unhappy when he heard Elisa call him young. “You’re treatin’ me like a kid. I ain’t a kid, got it! I ain’t gonna care whether it’s a good guy or a bad guy, once someone provokes me, I’m gonna kill him! Anyway, if you think I’m a kid, why don’t we head somewhere and check it?! ”

Elisa knew that Rylan was teasing her. She could not help but blush as she rebuked him, “A filthy mouth will always remain filthy, you fucking rascal. Don’t come running to me when you get bullied by someone.”

Noticing Elisa’s blush, a mischievous smile appeared on Rylan’s lips as he asked, “Sweetheart, look at you, being so concerned about me. Say, do you like me? I know that I’m handsome, graceful, and quite talented. It’s normal for you to like me, so if you do, you just have to say it out loud. My heart might melt on the spot and who knows, I might could agree to be your boyfriend!”

Elisa blushed and stepped on the accelerator. “You rascal! Who wants to be your girlfriend!”

Rylan looked at the vanishing rear of the car with a dissatisfied look on his face. “What’s there to be ashamed of, likin’ someone as good as me? And you are still acting shy?!”

Since the matter of the Crowns had reached a successful conclusion, Rylan adjusted his mood and started looking for a place to stay.

Even though the energy in the park was stable and the environment there was pretty good, he could not sleep by the road side every day, could he? If I got locked up for trespassin’ and bein’ homeless, I would really become a huge joke in the coven.

Besides, one of the herbs I brought with me is only available in Der Valley. I ain’t gonna find it in the city. If I don’t plant it quickly, it might would dry up and die. It would be a huge loss for me.

Feeling the energy around, Rylan walked around the foot of Mt. Williams before finally stopping at the entrance of a ranch house.

The building had both the mountain and a body of water near it. The slope here was quite gentle, and there was a lake about a few hundred meters away from the house. It was the best place in the entire village at the foot of the mountain. It had the most abundant and stable energy.

Rylan knocked on the door. After a while, he heard the sound of footsteps coming from inside.

The door creaked open slightly, just a slight crack, revealing a beautiful face of an eighteen-year-old girl. She looked vigilant as she asked, “Do you need something?”

Rylan could not help but sigh, looking a closer look at her. A place with abundant energy has many benefits. Even the people residing here look better than others.

The girl who had opened the door was about 1.6 meters tall. She had jet-black hair that was tied into a ponytail. She was wearing a simple short-sleeve T-shirt and jeans. There was no trace of makeup on her pretty face. There was a pure air around her, which made other people instinctively feel attracted to her.

Her thighs were slender and straight, and the arms outside her short-sleeve T-shirt were delicate and smooth. Her entire being was exuding a virgin aura.

Seeing Rylan staring at her and not answering, the girl became even more vigilant and coldly snorted, “What are you looking at? If you keep staring, I’ll gouge your eyes out.”

“Oh, a little feisty.”

If someone else was reprimanded for staring at someone else like this, he would have fled long ago. Rylan, on the other hand, was thick-skinned. He just scratched his nose and said with a smile, “I’ve never seen someone as beautiful as you, so I lost my bearings. By the way, is your family renting a room?”

Women, no matter who they were, would always be happy to hear others complimenting them on their beauty.

The little girl was no exception either, and happily accepted Rylan’s sugarcoating.

Hearing that Rylan was just a tenant who was looking for a place to rent, the vigilance on the beautiful girl’s face subsided a little. “We do have a vacant room, but whether or not we can rent it to you, I’ll have to ask my mom.”

She turned around and went back.

Rylan also followed after her. Just as he was about to step through the threshold, the door slammed shut on his face, almost hitting his nose.

“This little pepper is really vigilant.” Rylan shook his head with a wry smile on his lips.

After a while, the door opened again as a beautiful middle-aged woman wearing an apron came out with a ladle in her hands. The beautiful girl followed after the middle-aged woman, and poked her head from behind.

“Kid, we do have an empty room.”

The beautiful middle-aged woman explained with a wry smile, “But our house will be demolished in a few days. We won’t be able to rent it to you. Besides, there are just two of us living in this house, it’s not safe for us to live with a boy alone.”

“Uh, demolish?!”

Rylan stood rooted in his spot, stupefied. After searching around for so long, he finally found a place with abundant and stable energy. If this place is demolished and something else is built here, won’t it affect the beautiful environment around, thereby affecting the energy?

Why is it so difficult to find a good place to live in a big city?!

Rylan had no choice but to turn around and leave, thinking of finding a similar place nearby.

The moment he walked down the porch, a black Mercedes came speeding down the road. When the middle-aged woman saw it, she quickly pushed the girl into the house and closed the door before standing outside the door with the ladle in her hand.

The black Mercedes was quite fast. Suddenly, the tires screeched as the car suddenly stopped right before Rylan. The distance between the front of the car and Rylan was less than four inches.

Rylan’s eyes flickered with a cold gleam as he looked at the tattooed man who was in the driver seat.

“Kid, get the fuck of out the way!”

The tattooed man got out of the car and pushed Rylan away.

The man then ran around the Mercedes and opened the door as a middle-aged man in a suit got out of the car.

Rylan furrowed his brow and temporarily gave up on the notion of using his fists.

He was very curious about what this gang was planning to do with this mother and daughter duo.

The middle-aged man in the suit ignored Rylan and waved to the tattooed man who was driving the Mercedes, ordering impatiently, “T-Bone, you can’t even take care of this little thing. Now I have to come here to take care of this. I heard that another batch of girls had arrived at the New Era Club. I’ll be spending the night with two girls, so take care of it right away and don’t waste my time.”

The muscular gangster named T-Bone quickly and cautiously replied, “Got it, Mr. L. Since you have taken time to help me out, I will take care of it and not let any delays affect your happy time.”

Although T-Bone was cautious before Mr. L, when he walked to the beautiful woman, he immediately became arrogant. “Lindsay, the three days I have given you are over, have you thought about it?”

“When others ask to relocate, they not only pay for the relocation, but also give compensation. Our house is so big and in such a good location, but you only offered us 50 thousand dollars.”

Lindsay waved the ladle a few times as she summoned up her courage and argued, “What can 50 thousand buy in current times? It’s not even enough for a security deposit to rent a house. If you had built a house here you would know that you could not even buy a toilet for 50 thousand in this neighborhood. You are just bullying us because there is no man in our family.”

T-Bone snorted coldly. “Lindsay, your house is at a remote corner, we can’t even build a public toilet here. We are showing you kindness by paying you 50 grand for this place. But our patience is running thin. If you don’t take it willingly, we will have to force you to vacate this place. If Mr. L decides to take action, then not to mention 50 grand, you won’t even be getting 500 dollars.”

Lindsay knew that she absolutely could not give in to these gangsters. Once she did, she and her daughter would be completely devastated by these gangsters.

Lindsay clenched the ladle in her hand tightly. Just as she was about to speak, T-Bone swung his hand impatiently, knocking away the ladle.

The woman was so frightened that she stepped back in fright before slumping back on the ground.

The gangsters burst into laughter.

Suddenly, the closed door was pulled open as the little girl ran out from inside. She stood before Lindsay and spread her arms, defending her mother. Her big eyes burned with fury, staring at T-Bone and his gang.

Seeing a beautiful girl appear, the surrounding gangsters whistled. T-Bone even burst into laughter. “Chica, don’t butt into adults’ affairs. Kids should remain inside. What are you doing here?”

Lindsay quickly pulled the girl’s arm and pushed her toward the door. “Lily, why have you come out? Go back inside, quickly!”

The little girl forcefully freed herself from her mother’s clutches and once again stood in front of Lindsay. “This house belongs to the two of us. I can’t watch them bully you.”

T-Bone started clapping as he mocked, “What a lovely mother and daughter duo! Right, chica, you should persuade your mother. Your house has already been listed for urban redevelopment. It’s seriously affecting the city’s appearance. It should have been demolished long ago. If it weren’t for my boss’s generosity, why the hell would you even get an offer of 50 Gs? We are already showing kindness by not asking you to pay labor fees for all the trouble we will go through during construction. Alas, you are still being greedy. I’m warning you, something dangerous might happen to you two.”

T-Bone became more and more threatening. He was just about to threaten them further, when he was suddenly slapped in the head.

The man was outraged, but the moment he turned around to check who had hit him, and saw that it had been Mr. L, he immediately put on a flattering smile. “Boss, what’s the matter?”

Mr. L put on a smile and stated, “Man, why are you being so aggressive and threatening? You should pay attention to what you say, you are scaring the little girl.”

Saying so, he reached his right hand toward the beautiful girl with a fawning look in his eyes. “Darling, I am Lionel Stafford, let’s get to know each other.”

Seeing the smiling look on Mr. L’s face, Lindsay became even more terrified. She immediately pulled her beautiful daughter back.

11. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 10 - Fuck Off

Lindsay pulled the beautiful girl back a few steps, leaving Mr. L’s hand hanging in the air.

Mr. L could be said to have been with countless women, and only God knew how many women he had played with. When he saw the beautiful girl, he was instantly attracted by her innocence at first sight. He wanted to make a good impression, but someone had given him a proverbial slap in the face. He could not help but feel annoyed. The little patience he had been holding on to was gone in an instant.

Mr. L withdrew his hand and his face turned colder as he pointed at the beautiful girl and claimed, “I guess you are choosing the hard way. Let me tell you, this house will be demolished today. Afterward, I will make you crawl into my bed obediently!”

Saying so, he ignored the pale mother and daughter, and ordered T-Bone, “Take them away, while the rest of you lot, start with the fence.”

By the looks of it, they had come prepared. Once Mr. L had given the orders, they promptly took out all kinds of tools from the car to tear down the fence.

T-Bone and another gangster with blonde hair reached out toward Lindsay and her daughter to pull them away.

Right then, Rylan made his move as his figure appeared in front of the mother and daughter duo all of a sudden, coldly demanding, “Apologize!”

T-Bone and the other gangster did not know how or when Rylan had gotten here. They had merely blinked, and the young man just… stood there, as if he had appeared out of thin air.

They found it a little strange, but when T-Bone saw Rylan’s lean body, and then looked at the four muscular men holding iron rods and shovels, all the doubts in his heart were swept away.

Furthermore, Mr. L was in the back, watching the whole thing. How could T-Bone back down? He viciously stated, “Kid, what the fuck are talking about? Apologize? Me?! If you know what’s good for you, you’ll fuck off and not put your fingers where they don't belong.”

Saying so, he ignorantly stretched his hand toward Rylan to pull him away.

The young warlock showed no mercy to the bully who preyed on the weak. A smile appeared on his lips as he smacked the oncoming palm. He hit T-Bone’s hand very hard, so hard that the gangster’s hand bent at an unnatural angle.

The next moment, T-Bone fell to his knees and screamed in pain, holding his broken hand.

Most of these gangsters were ordinary people who preyed on the weak and feared the strong. They had never encountered a merciless fellow like Rylan who would leave them crippled at first contact. All of them were frightened and did not dare to make even a single noise as they turned their heads toward Mr. L.

Mr. L also realized that Rylan would not be easy to deal with. Unfortunately, he could not back down now. He had brought men to provide T-Bone support, and if word got out that they had been scared away by a teenager, his reputation in the town would be ruined.

The man looked at Rylan and suggested, “Bro, I hope you don’t intervene in this, considering the fact that my brother-in-law is Ironclad. My company, Pacific Construction, will not hold hurting my men against you.”

Mr. L thought that since Rylan was so strong and ruthless, he might be part of some gang.

As long as Rylan was part of a gang, he would have heard of Ironclad and Pacific Construction.

He had not brought many people, and they were not seasoned gangsters either. If they started fighting, Mr. L did not have the confidence to win, so he had brought up Pacific Construction and Ironclad to deter Rylan. Once he could leave this place, he would get Rylan back for his transgression one way or another.

How could he have known that Rylan had been living in some remote village on the mountains just two days earlier, and that he had never heard of Pacific Construction or Ironclad?

Furthermore, even if he had heard of his brother-in-law or the company, Rylan still would not have cared a bit.

As expected, Rylan did not give them an ounce of respect and proclaimed, “Whether it’s Ironclad, or Shitclad, I ain’t got no fucks to give. Hurry up and apologize. Then you can fuck right off.”

Having realized that things would not end well today, Mr. L waved to the gangsters behind him. “Get him. He’s alone and unarmed, so attack him together. As long as you can take him down, I will pay an extra two grand to each and every one of you!”

Under the lure of money, everyone summoned their courage. These gangsters generally just stood there as a deterrent, a job that would pay them two hundred dollars. When they heard that so many people would be attacking one guy, and each of them would be receiving two grand, they immediately charged the young man.

The beautiful little girl was so terrified that she covered her eyes and did not dare to look.

Lindsay was also filled with despair.

Rylan shook his head and spoke a sentence he had just learned from the internet, “Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.”

He took a step, grabbed the Mercedes’ door and gave it a pull with all his strength, wresting the door from the car.

At this moment, the gangsters were already upon him.

Rylan immediately charged into the fray, swinging the car door left and right, sending the dumbfounded gangsters flying and screaming.

The fight happened almost all too quickly. The young warlock threw the car door in front of the flabbergasted Mr. L. “Are you goin’ to apologize or not?”

How could the wannabe gangster not apologize after witnessing Rylan fighting?

He quickly nodded and apologized to the mother and daughter duo, “I’m sorry, please forgive me.”

When he was finished, Rylan slapped him without a word.

The hit caused Mr. L to see stars in daylight. His left side of the face instantly swelled up. After a while, he came to his senses and looked at Rylan with an aggrieved look on his face.

Didn’t you ask me to apologize? I’ve already apologized, so why did you hit me?

Seeing the perplexed look on Mr. L’s face, Rylan slapped him again and heaved a sigh. “You can’t fight, you don’t have courage, you don’t have any loyalty, and neither do ya have a sharp eye. Ain’t that a bitch? How the fuck did you became boss? You almost ran me over, then sent your men after me. Don’t y’all think you owe me an apology too?”

Mr. L wanted to cry. He just wanted to quickly get out of there, so he immediately apologized, “Bro, I’m sorry, please forgive me!”

Rylan was finally satisfied and let him go. “Fuck off, and remember, my name is Rylan Vossler. If you want revenge, you can come at me anytime you want.”

Mr. L repeatedly stated that he would not, and then kicked T-Bone, signaling them to scram as far away as possible, as fast as possible.

In the car, T-Bone asked, “Boss, are you just going to let him go?”

Mr. L was burning with fury. He smacked T-Bone’s head and scolded, “You stupid fuck, that kid is ridiculously strong! We have to avoid him, do you understand? My brother-in-law has temporarily left the city. He will be back in a few days, and once he’s returned, I will ask him to give me more men. Then I will take care of this kid. He will beg me to kill him, but I won’t.”

It did not take extraordinary intelligence to see how furious Mr. L was, and even T-Bone could recognize the signs. The subordinate did not dare touch his boss’s sore spot again. He bore the pain and focused on his working arm to drive the Mercedes that was missing a door in complete silence.

After driving Mr. L and the others away, Rylan clapped his hands, turned around and asked, looking at the mother and daughter duo, “I’ve driven away the demolitionists, can I rent the room now?”

Lindsay and the beautiful girl were still reeling in shock.

Not even a minute earlier, they had been worried sick for Rylan. The young man looked so frail and weak, but how could they have known that he was so strong and violent? He took those hunky gangsters with baseball bats and steel pipes in just a few moves.

Mr. L, who seemed like an important figure, was then ruthlessly slapped until his face looked like a pig’s. In the end, the wannabe crime lord had no choice but to apologize, hoping to escape as far away from there as possible.

How can someone be this strong?

Hearing Rylan’s question, the beautiful girl looked like she agreed, but Lindsay hesitated for a while before rejecting the young man, “Kid, I can see that you’re a good guy, but you have no idea who these people are. I heard that they are from a street gang. Since you beat them up, they will definitely not let this go. You should leave this place right away.”

At this moment, it was quite apparent that Rylan was strong, but Lindsay was still trying to make him leave. Although these two might be like pepper from the outside, they were actually very kind.

Rylan had a favorable impression of this stubborn and kind mother and daughter duo, and was even more determined to live in their house.

He was the one who beat the gangsters. Now, if he patted his ass and left, he would be leaving these two to shoulder all the blame. It was not something a man should do, and neither was this Rylan’s style.

The young man took out his phone and called Koby. “Howdy, do you know a construction company called Pacific Construction?”

Koby quickly replied, “I know them. What’s the matter, did they offend you? Sir, where are you? I’ll be right there.”

Rylan replied, “You don’t need to come here, I’ve already driven them away. By the way, their leader was a man named Lionel Stafford, others called him Mr. L, do you know him?”

Koby paused for a moment, obviously thinking. After a while, he replied, “You’re talkin’ about that kid. Mr. L my balls. He’s just leading a demolition crew, that’s all. He is just a good-for-nothin’. His sister is the lover of a captain under Don Miles, Ironclad. The Pacific Construction is Don Miles’s property, and Ironclad is in charge of it. That kid is just using Ironclad’s name to fool around. He’s nothing without his sister. Although I’m not acquainted with Don Miles’s gang, I can send Lionel a warning. He would not dare prance around before you again. Come to think of it, Ironclad should not fight with me over this kid either.”

Koby’s response might have been courageous, but Rylan could still smell fear in his voice when he spoke of Ironclad.

Rylan asked indifferently, “Ironclad, his name sounds pretty domineerin’. Tell me about him!”

Koby did not hide anything from his master. “The streets of Solaris City are ruled by three crimelords, also called Godfathers—Crazy Dragon, Don Miles, and Black Widow. The Crazy Dragon has four underbosses and thirteen captains, and he alone rules half of Solaris. Black Widow is a woman, the daughter of a former gangster boss Jon Shaw. After he was assassinated, some of the older members under him wanted to take his seat. Black Widow quickly gathered the remainder of his men and reined them in using merciless and bloody means. Now, she is barely maintainin’ a foothold in Solaris and is the weakest of the three. Don Miles sits in the middle and is a very cruel fellow who always wears a smile on his face. He has three underbosses and eight captains under him. Ironclad is one of his captains and a very capable one at that. His influence is higher than mine, but recently, Don Miles wanted to take advantage of Black Widow’s weakness and bring her down. For that reason, I don’t believe Ironclad will trouble himself with the matter of his stupid brother-in-law. Sir, if he does come lookin’ for you, just tell me, I’ll talk to him.”

Rylan sneered, “Ain’t he the Ironclad? If he doesn’t come to trouble me, it’s nothin’, but if he does, I don’t mind sendin’ him to hell.”

Koby broke into a cold sweat. “Sir, Ironclad is a savage bull. He will go to any lengths if someone provokes him. Please calm down, I will talk to him.”

“Ain’t nothin’ to worry about it, I will take care of him myself!” Rylan then hung up the phone right away.

12. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11 - The Days with the School Belle

After hanging up, Rylan did not attach importance to Mr. L at all. As it turned out, the man was just some small-time gangster, and a really bad one at that.

Even if they were the so-called three bosses of Solaris, Rylan would only be afraid of the guns in their hands. If he was really pressed, the young warlock still had a way to make them silently disappear…

Since he already had measures ready in his heart, there was no room in it for panic.

“I know that you are afraid that they will come for revenge if I stay here, but if I’m gone, they will definitely not let you go after they can’t find me.” The mother and daughter duo’s hands trembled after hearing this. Rylan added, “Although I, Rylan Vossler, can’t be regarded as a gentleman, I’ll never do anything that would put ya in trouble.”

It feels so good to be protected.

The beautiful little girl had hardly seen her father since she could remember. The mother and daughter duo were barely eking out a living. Many a time, when Lindsay went to work, she would be left all alone. Those days, she would curl up under the covers and shiver in fear.

Today, when Rylan appeared and bravely repelled the gangsters in their moment of helplessness, the beautiful girl immediately had a strange feeling of safety.

Lindsay, on the other hand, had long crossed into her thirties and had seen her fair share of the world. Obviously, she could think a lot further than the little girl.

Rylan is pretty resourceful too. To cover his bases, he promptly made a phone call to investigate Mr. L. He is not an ordinary guy for sure.

We both have been bullied and unjustly treated over the years, so it would be nice to have a man like this to take care of things.

Even if he is here for Lily, so what? She is beautiful, some boys must have been eyeing her already. It’s better for it to be a boy I can keep my eye on than some random school kid about whom I know nothing about.

At the end of the day, Rylan was too inexperienced. While he was still standing stupidly, waiting their for answer, Lindsay’s mind had considered all kinds of scenarios in this short time.

After she had made up her mind, the mother finally replied, “You are not oblivious to our family’s situation. If you really insist on living with us, don’t blame us if anything goes wrong in the future.”

Rylan replied, “But of course.”

“All right then.”

Lindsay walked into the house, and said as she led Rylan in, “We have an empty room, I’ll ready it up for you. The rent will be five hundred dollars a month, is that okay with you?”

Such a small sum was nothing in Rylan’s eyes. As such, he readily agreed.

This house is pretty big. No wonder Lindsay was so hell-bent on protecting it. According to the policies, the relocation compensation should be 500 thousand if not more.

In the hall, the mother and daughter’s washed clothes were lying on the sofa. Before Rylan entered the hall, the beautiful girl had quickly put away the underwear and other similar clothes, leaving only some outerwears.

Rylan noticed a school uniform lying on the sofa with the logo of Stanton High. He immediately asked, “Honey, do you go to Stanton High?”

The girl blushed and replied with a smile, “I have a name, you can stop calling me honey or sweetheart. I’m Lily Harrison, and you can call me Lily. Are you also a student of Stanton High? Which grade are you in, 11th? 12th?”

“I ain’t a student of Stanton High, but in a few days when the school starts, I will be going to Stanton High to work.”

Lily curiously asked, “You are about my age, and you already have a job? What kind of work are you doing at Stanton High? You are not a teacher, are you? Could you be some kind of child prodigy like in the novels? Have you gotten your doctorate at such a young age?”

Rylan could not help but admire Lily’s imagination. In any case, he had nothing to hide and told the girl everything, “I’m not some child prodigy. To be honest, I have never even been to school. I just know a little medicine, so I was recommended to your school as a nurse. I will be studying and working at the same time.”

“There are still people in this day and age who haven’t gone to school? But you know medicine? And where did you learn to fight like that? You’re really strange!”

Lily was quite shy, so she stopped talking and started helping Lindsay tidying up the house.

Could it be that I was overthinking it and this kid isn’t here for Lily? Lindsay, who had been eavesdropping, also found it strange.

The main gate was facing the east. The house had three big rooms connected directly to the hall facing south. Its kitchen was in the east, and it had two small rooms in the west. One was used for storage, and the other was used as a guest room—and that room was the one rented to Rylan.

In addition, there was a large backyard where some cucumbers and tomatoes had been planted. Now that their crop season was over, only some wilted and dried leaves remained on the ground.

Originally, Rylan had been worrying about where he would grow the herbs, only to find such a large open space with a rich soil in Lily’s backyard.

The reason why Rylan had insisted on living at Lily’s house was because the spiritual energy there was quite abundant and stable. It was not only suitable for living and relaxation, but also for growing herbs.

Rylan quickly grabbed Lindsay’s hand, who was busy cleaning, and asked, pointing at the backyard, “Ma’am, how about you rent the backyard to me too?”

“That’s just a kitchen garden… What do you want it for, growing flowers?” Lindsay asked in surprise.

Lily also looked at Rylan curiously.

The young man replied, “I ain’t gonna be growin’ flowers, but something similar. I’m gonna be growin’ herbs. I will pay y’all a thousand bucks to rent me the courtyard, what do you think?”

When Lindsay heard that the rent would be a thousand bucks, she was immediately tempted.

“I’m a lazy guy. If I’ve to cook my own meal, I’ll starve to death. Ma’am, if you could cook for me every day, I’ll pay you another three thousand every month.” While the iron was still hot, Rylan dropped another bomb. “Summing up, I oughta be payin’ you forty-five hundred every month. Forget it, I’ll round it up and pay you five thousand. Ya know what? I’ll just pay you for six months of rent in advance.”

Before Lindsay could agree, he took out three 10,000-dollar stacks of brand-new bills from his bag and stuffed them into Lindsay’s hands before heading into his room.

Lindsay stood rooted in her spot with 30,000 dollars in her hand, dumbfounded. She only came back to her senses when Lily came over and called her out.

Over the past few months, T-Bone and the others had harassed her time and time again, trying to drive them away. But now, when Rylan arrived, not only did he drive away T-Bone and the other gangsters, but he also paid her thirty thousand on the very first day they met, without even batting an eye.

Money was not that important to Rylan. He liked counting money, and he needed money, but he needed a lot of it. Whether it was a millennium-old Mandrake or other primal essences, they all required an exorbitant sum of money not just to buy them, but also to find clues of their whereabouts. It was not like he could just find a person who had them and rob them…

The thirty grand is just a drop in the bucket. I might could be livin’ here for a long time. If I bought them with a little money, it would be mighty easier for me to do things in the future.

Rylan walked into the room in the western wing. The guest room, which had not been used for a long time, had been tidied up completely. Even the sheets and quilts had been changed.

Lily came in after him and said, “I saw that you didn’t have anything with you, so I have brought a quilt for you too. Although it’s old, I’ve just washed it. You can make do with it. By the way, thank you very much for giving us an advance, but mom said that you didn’t have to pay us so much. She asked me to return 20 thousand of that money to you.”

Lily then put 20 thousand in her hand on Rylan’s bed.

“Take it back. I will just spend them away if they remain in my hand.” Rylan picked the money and stuffed it back in Lily’s hand, pretending to be angry. “I’m payin’ you in advance because I might could go broke one day. But this way, once I have spent all the money, I will still have a place to sleep and eat, won’t I?”

Saying so, Rylan leaned closer to Lily and sniffed hard, and then he picked up the quilt and smelled it. Afterward, he said with a mischievous smile on his lips, “Ain’t this your quilt? It smells exactly the same as you, a mighty delicious smell! I will definitely have good dreams sleeping under it!”

Lily immediately blushed in embarrassment and stomped her feet in anger. She forgot everything about the money and berated Rylan, calling him a pervert and rascal before turning around and running away.

“What a shy girl! She is so easy to deal with!”

Over the next few days, Lindsay went to work, leaving Lily and Rylan alone at home. Rylan also started taking care of his herb garden. Sometimes, Lily would come to help him out.

In his free time, the young warlock either practiced wizardry or used the mobile phone given by Elisa to surf the internet. Occasionally, he would tease Lily and then laugh when he saw her blushing and stomping her feet in mock anger.

The mother and daughter both did not bring up the matter of money anymore, but Rylan could see that his meals during these days, regardless of whether they were cooked by Lindsay or Lily, were very carefully prepared.

The children of poor families do mature very early. Rylan did not expect a beautiful girl like Lily to be able to cook so well.

Having eaten his lunch, Rylan was sitting on the sofa and reading a newspaper. Occasionally, he would peek at Lily’s long and slender legs. The girl was bending over and mopping the floor.

If anyone unaware of their relations saw this scene, they would immediately assume that they were a young married couple.

After having been living together with Rylan for a few days, Lily was no longer as shy as she had been at the beginning. She seemed to have sensed Rylan’s gaze, and suddenly asked, “Are they beautiful?”

Rylan unconsciously and casually replied, “They are beautiful.”

Lily secretly spat before turning around and flouncing away.

As the floor had just been mopped, it was still wet and slippery. Forgetting herself, the girl walked in big strides, and soon she slipped and fell forward.

Rylan quickly stretched his hand to catch her, causing Lily to fall into his embrace.

The weather was quite hot. As such, Lily was wearing a short-sleeve dress and thin and breathable underwear. As a warlock, Rylan’s senses were sharper than ordinary people’s. His heart suddenly started racing.

Lily’s heartbeat had already been quickened by the scare the sudden slip had given her. When she looked at the face of a man so close to her, an ear-piercing scream filled the entire house.

The girl quickly tried to gather herself up, unintentionally striking Rylan with her knee in the place where the men hurt the most…

The young man was caught off guard, and the strike was fierce in the first place. His face turned blue as he covered his crotch in pain.

Seeing Rylan covering his balls with a pained look on his face, she hunched over, crawling over the man on the sofa. She put her embarrassment aside and asked, “Are you all right? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to...”

Tears welled up in Lily’s eyes.

Rylan’s heart shattered as a cold blizzard blew in his heart.

What kind of situation is this? I’m the victim, yet I have to endure the pain while my assailant cries? Am I supposed to comfort her now?!

13. ashish50990

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 12 - Massage Therapy

On the day Stanton High opened, Rylan and Lily went to school together. On the way, Elisa called to inform him that she was stuck in a traffic jam and asked the young man to wait at the gate.

Lily had to report in, so she left first.

Elisa arrived shortly after, and took Rylan to the nurse's office.

The man had only been to elementary school until third grade. It was the first time he came to a high school campus that was filled with the youthful atmosphere of the city. He was completely overwhelmed by the novel experience and luxurious surroundings.

“Wow, long legs and black stockings! Damn, she’s so sexy, I like it. Is she a student?”

Elisa replied helplessly, “Usually school requires the student to wear the school uniform, but as it’s the first day and students have to register, today is the only day the students can wear casual clothes. Don’t get excited over every little thing.”

“It’s such a pity… Wow, ain’t that the mini skirt that was on the internet?!”

“...”

“Those two are walkin’ arm in arm like a couple? Didn’t they say that the high school students ain’t allowed to fall in love? Fuck me, look, look, they are hugging, kissing! Ellie, I like it here!”

The woman was rendered speechless. He grabbed Rylan’s arm and dragged him to the nurse’s office.

“Wow, Ellie, look there…”

Elisa was one of three most beautiful teachers. Some students in Stanton High might not know who the principal was, but absolutely every single one of them knew Elisa.

That the famous beauty teacher was pulling a young man’s arm and walking side by side with him through the campus had instantly caused an uproar in the entire Stanton High School.

“Hey, did you hear the latest news? The beauty queen of our school, Elisa, was seen walking side by side with a mysterious man. They were quite close. The man is suspected to be her lover. There are photos of the two of them together, it seems to be true.”

“Are you for real? Could it be that Ms. Crown is seriously ill and he is going to be substituting for Ms. Crown this semester?”

“I also suspect this. On the last day of the last semester, Ms. Crown bid goodbye to the entire class in person. I felt very sad at that time.”

“The photos are all online, how can they be fake?”

There were other kids who did not believe the rumors, and the uproar had turned into a full-blown argument in a matter of seconds.

Before the two reached the nurse’s office, the photo of them holding hands and walking side by side had already been posted on the Stanton High group.

Everyone was guessing who this mysterious figure was.

In the nurse’s office of Stanton High, a young woman with a big belly was tidying up things. She must be Nurse Mitchell who Elisa had told me about.

“The students of Stanton High don’t live on campus. They won’t come to the nurse’s office if they are seriously ill. The work here is very simple. The most common things you have to deal with are cuts and bruises, cramps, cold, and fever.”

After Elisa introduced the two to each other, Mitchell helped Rylan familiarize himself with the nurse’s office and explained some basic protocols.

The nurse’s office was pretty simple. It had a consultation room, a small cabinet with pharmaceuticals, a small ward with four beds, and a bathroom.

After Mitchell finished explaining everything to Rylan, she bid goodbye to Elisa before leaving with her belongings.

“Rylan, this is a school. You can’t just feed bugs to the students, you will scare them away,” Elisa reminded. “If it’s okay with you, you should also read books on modern medicine and learn some simple treatment for minor illnesses.”

“Worms? Dream on.” Rylan rolled his eyes. “My spirit worms have been carefully fed with rare and expensive herbs. I ain’t gonna be usin’ them on ordinary people. I wasn’t stingy when usin’ them on you because of your stunnin’ beauty.”

“Is smooth-talking the only thing you know how to do? Hmph! I’m not talking to you.”

Elisa pretended to be angry and left with a smile on her face.

Even after a long time, no one visited the nurse’s office. Meanwhile, Rylan had not been idle either. He was reading the medical books left by Nurse Mitchell for the entire day, heeding Elisa’s suggestion.

Although he had never studied modern medicine, he knew a million kinds of methods to drive away diseases. Modern medicine paid more attention to data and relied more on machinery, while traditional medicine paid more attention to knowledge and experience. It was for that reason that the old folk doctors were much more popular than the young ones.

Rylan quickly understood the fundamentals of modern medicine, and quickly mastered the treatments for some minor illnesses.

After having lunch at the cafeteria, just as Rylan was taking off his pants to take a nap in the small ward’s bed, the door of the nurse’s office was slammed open.

The next moment, a petite and cute girl walked in helping an aloof and tall beauty.

“Nurse, help!”

Seeing no one in the consultation room, the cute girl helped the tall, beautiful girl to sit down on the sofa before rushing straight into the ward.

Rylan still had not put on his pants.

“Ah~! Pervert!” the cute girl and Rylan shouted at the same time.

“Don’t you know how to knock, you stupid girl?” Rylan pointed at the cute girl, who had covered her eyes with her hands and scolded.

“Uh, we were in a hurry.”

The tall and beautiful girl was still waiting outside. The cute girl grabbed Rylan’s arm and started dragging him back to the consultation room.

“My pants…”

While half of his shirt was dangling outside his pants, and the button of his pants was still open, Rylan was dragged outside by the cute girl.

She pointed at the tall and slender beauty who had a pained look on her face, and requested, “Nurse, please help Maddy. She is having cramps and in so much pain that she is rolling on the ground.”

Maddy endured the pain as her face turned red. “Kate Shaw, if you keep talking nonsense, I will tear your mouth. I just have a stomachache, Nurse, just give me some strong painkillers.”

Rylan looked at the two beautiful girls curiously.

The cute girl’s name was Kate Shaw. She was around 1.6 meters tall and had a baby-like round, chubby face. Her big eyes kept blinking with curiosity.

The tall and slender beauty’s name was Maddison Clarke. She was almost 1.8 meters tall. Half of her long hair was tied into a bun at the back of her head, while the other half was draped over shoulders with a few strands of bangs hanging down the front. If she donned ancient armor, she would look like a heroine.

Right now, the heroine was covering her stomach in pain, curled up on the sofa.

Although the two were wearing school uniforms, they were both extremely beautiful. One was lively and lovely, and the other was tall and glamorous. Both their beauties were in a stark contrast. Rylan could not help but be a little stunned.

Kate shouted, “Nurse, can you stop staring and help her out quickly? You can keep looking once you have helped her out, you can look as much as you want then.”

“I can look as much as I want!? What a feisty little girl!”

Knowing that it was not the right time to tease the girl, Rylan calmed down and looked at Maddison, ignoring Kate.

The heroine-like girl was clenching her teeth tightly and trembling uncontrollably. A drop of fragrant could be seen on the tip of her upturned nose.

“This ain’t look like cramps!”

Rylan furrowed his brow as he sunk into contemplation.

“Nurse, can you do something about it?” Kate furrowed her beautiful nose. “She is having her period and her stomach is in pain. If it’s not cramps then what is it?”

Rylan ignored Kate’s conjecture and focused his gaze on Maddison’s belly as his eyes flickered with a golden flash.

The moment he used his mystical eyes, he could completely see what was happening inside the girl.

He saw a mass of energy rushing left and right in Maddison’s body, tearing her internal organs apart. By the looks of it, she must be in a lot of pain.

The fact that she had not fainted yet spoke volumes about her firm willpower.

Rylan thought to himself. She is so beautiful, but I did not expect her to be an expert too. No wonder she is so tall! But this energy doesn’t belong to her. It musta been left in her body after she was attacked by another expert.

Seeing Rylan remaining silent, Maddison, who could not bear the pain anymore, requested in a trembling voice, “Nurse, you don’t need to check, I know what’s wrong with me, please give me some painkillers.”

Rylan shook his head, “Painkillers ain’t gonna help you. If I’m not mistaken, you shoulda been sufferin’ from stomach pain for a year or two. It’s just that the pain musta been getting more and more frequent, am I right?”

“How do you know?”

Maddison stared at Rylan with her moist eyes in anticipation, as if she forgot she was in pain. “Nurse, can you cure it?”

“It can be cured, but…”

Speaking of this, Rylan paused for a while before an embarrassed look appeared on his face.

“Why are you hesitating, out with it!”

Kate couldn’t take it anymore.

“However, my treatment involves massage, and each treatment will cost you twenty grand,” Rylan stated his conditions.

“What!? Massage, and twenty grand!?”

Kate jumped up all of a sudden, pointed at Rylan’s nose and rebuked, “Are you a nurse or a beast!? What you are suggesting can be counted as sexual harassment. I will be reporting you to the principal.”

Even Maddison furrowed her brow slightly.

Rylan reached out and grabbed the girl’s wrist. It looked like he was checking her pulse, but in fact, he secretly sent a streak of energy into her body.

Maddison’s pretty eyes widened in disbelief.

As an expert, she understood very well what it meant to be able to really transfer energy into other people’s bodies.

Anyone who can do it is a highly-skilled expert. The energy he sent into my body is very profound. It was in no way inferior to the terrifying master who hurt me.

Rylan withdrew his hand and smiled. He did not speak another word.

Maddison was an expert with a rich heritage. She had already guessed Rylan’s method. She suppressed her shyness and nodded her agreement. “I agree.”

“What!? You’re actually going to let this pervert give you a massage? Maddy, did you bump your head this morning? Can’t you see that his eyes are filled with lust? We’re not staying in this shithole for another minute, let’s go to a proper hospital.”

Kate immediately became angry with her best friend.

Maddison, on the other hand, grit her teeth and stated firmly, “No, I believe in him. Sir, please continue!”

I thought that I would have no hope of getting revenge in this life, and that I would eventually die in agony, but he has given me hope again.

I have not gotten my revenge yet, so mere money and a little physical intimacy is a small price to pay for another chance.

If Rylan could help her get revenge, she was even willing to marry the man.

Since the patient herself agreed, Kate could not do anything apart from staring at Rylan, shooting him a warning glare.

The young warlock shrugged and raised an eyebrow at Kate.

The well-being of her best friend was most important, and the girl herself wanted to see why Maddison had believed Rylan, so she helped the girl into the adjoining sick ward.

Rylan motioned Maddison to take off her shirt.

A beautiful blush appeared on the girl’s cheeks as she slowly took off her clothes, leaving only a blue lace bra on her breasts, and her smooth, slender, and ravishing belly exposed. Her delicate skin was as white as milk and snow.

Even until now, Kate still could not understand why Maddison had believed in this perverted nurse.

Be that as it may, since Maddison herself was not objecting to it, she could not say anything either. All she could do was helplessly watch Rylan take advantage of her best friend.

“Ahem, you don’t need to remove your underwear.”

Seeing that Maddison was about to unfasten her bra, Rylan quickly stopped her.

If the young warlock really wanted to see it, he did not need her to take off her clothes. He could easily see through her clothes using his unique eyes, and no one would be the wiser.

As for her shirt, it was necessary for the treatment he wanted to administer.

Rylan had these mystical eyes for a long time, but he had never thought of using them to peep.

He stretched out his right hand and placed it on Maddison’s smooth and delicate belly, which immediately made his heart beat faster. Maddison also shivered as she tensed up the next moment.