Spoiler f!MC The White-Haired Imperial Concubine

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Nanashy, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-white-haired-imperial-concubine/
    Within the red tent, under the passionate eyes of the man on top, she was forced to make love and three thousand black strands turned to white.

Outside the red tent, her husband laughed and drank with the beauties by his side as they watched…

When the red was torn, pieces of it were carried away by the wind. As she stepped out with difficult steps, the silver hair danced in the wind. Exactly whose heart was the one that was hurt in the end?

“How…how could it be you?” A voice filled with disbelief, he who always believed himself to be cold and unfeeling, fell into the pits of hell, filled with pain and regret for eternity.

For this imperial power, there are countless hidden plots. She hid her capabilities and bided her time, only desiring for a safe haven. In the end, her wish did not come true, and she fell into the hands of someone else as a chess piece.

The tale of a time-traveling woman who gets forced to the point of no return, turning her black hair into white. Should she bow to her fate and submit? Or should she fight back and glow brilliantly?
    Can someone spoil this novel? From the current translated chapters it seems okay. But the description from the NU page makes it stink of rape and 100% tragedy and an awful ML (who hopefully is not the ML). But on another side the guy that is described as eventual Ml in the translated chapters doesn't seem like someone that would be surrounded by beauties, so idk what to think of the description and the actual novel.

2. Liri

Liri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Sofieeee

Sofieeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The male leads and the 2 second male leads complicated relationship.
    The male lead ZongZheng WuYou and second male lead FuChou are actually twin brothers, its the proud twins ( the classic novel about twins separated at birth and raised to kill each other). Their mmother Liu Yun’er was a transmigrator like MC, she was bestie with the queen and told her the story of the proud twin once. Later she stole the queen’s husband, became Concubine Yun and cause the queen to be raped. The queen swore revenge on her and when she gave birth to twins, the queen stole FuChou to replace her own son( from the rape) and planned for him to kill ZZWY, (inspired the proud twins).

The queen’s son is the other second male lead RongQi. ( even tho he has way less screen time I consider him and FC equal, partly because I love the actor, and his character is just too tragic). While she was pregnant the king, the one who planned her rape suspect the child wasn't his poisoned her, a special type if poison where the only cure is to give it to your child, the child will suffer painfully every full moon and can't live last 24 years. His mother never show any affection towards him since everytime she looked at him she would be reminded of her rape. He considers MC the only person who truly cares for him and died saving her.

The queen actually raised MC and planned everything so that she would deepen the hatred between Fuzhou and ZZWY. However MC ended up meeting and being childhood friends with RQ, the consider each other their first love, the queen poisoned MC right before the novel starts so she would forget about RQ.

MC actually transmigrated when she was a child, not right before the wedding, that poison sealed 17 years of memory but couldn't seal her past life.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  4. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was concubine yun’s fate ever written? I mean in the first place, she seems to be the root of al the tragedy.. want to know if she ever found out about her son being stolen and her reaction to everything that happened...

eagerreadergirl likes this.
  5. Guang_bao21

Guang_bao21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the drama the concubine Yun dead killed by the Emperor

6. stony27

stony27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh.... IDK if anyone's still interested but to answer ChuChi's question
    Yun-Guifei died at the hands of the emperor after he was poisoned by the empress. I'm pretty sure she knew she had a son stolen away, but she didn't know where he was. When she gave birth, she saw that both her sons had dragon-shaped birthmarks on their arms and when they replaced one with a dead baby, she noticed the mark was missing. They suspected Fu Chou(raised under the empress) to be the twin, but she mutilated his arm to hide the birthmark so they never confirmed it until the very end.

In the book, Yun Guifei was also a transmigrator and met the emperor while he was still a prince. In order to protect her from his brothers, he married the empress but shunned her. IMO he's a worst person in the entire novel. I seem to recall him remembering how Yun Guifei became depressed whenever he took fancy to beautiful dancers and married new concubines. The emperor shunned the empress but favored other women and even sired their children. His "devotion" is disgusting and hypocritical. When the previous emperor of Western Qi came to visit, he took fancy to Yun Guifei and I think asked the emperor for her. The emperor instead drugged the empress and had her violated by the emperor of Western Qi. This is why the empress hates them so much and had Yun Guifei killed by the emperor.

It's been a while since I last MTL-ed the novel so I'll be missing some of chunks from my memory, but if anyone's curious, feel free to ask me and I'll do my best. Depending on how bored I'll be, I might just spoil things before anyone even bothers to ask.

7. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started watching the drama and because I was interested, I also started the novel, despite I have still several novels to continue reading, because this one is short.

I was surprised to see the drama is no that different, as I've read some people say. It is actually quite the same, it even keeps most of the sequences and exact dialogues.

However, a few key points have been changed or whitewashed.

Like the fact she transmigrated (obvious censorship) or the real betrayal she suffers from Prince Li. That last one, makes the story lose some meaning and the female lead to not be understood by some viewers, whom blame her of being also responsible for the fall out with the Prince.

I'm currently on chapter 72.

There is something I don't understand:

Spoilers says that her "brother" loves her and all he does is to protect her. But in that chapter, whatever the deal is with the stuff they're feeding her (curing that other poison, perhaps), he did indeed try to rape her and, because she wanted to stop him, he did kill Princess' maid Ling'er with the excuse she betrayed him for Rong Le/Man Yao.

He does molest her in the end, making her feel terrified. It doesn't matter that they were lovers, she doesn't remember! I don't know what's his intent, but as much as he saves her at the end, he is just another piece of trash. Like the General

Oh... got to chapters 73 & 74... not only she was feed aphrodisiac by her "brother" and posion by (it seems) the General.

Even if the General was tricked into thinking she was another woman impersonating Rong Le through a skin mask... he did beat her and put her in a Red Tent so men would rape her. An it seems she was, indeed, raped by strangers.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  8. stony27

stony27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure where you're reading this, but in the website I MTL-ed this from, the drugging took place in chapter 50-51.

Rong Qi did indeed caress her without her consent, but they didn't progress that far. He didn't seem to have any intentions aside from wanting to hold her for a bit longer before leaving again. He was acting under his mother's threats to drug her and send her off for Fu Chou's plan. Ling'er tried to prevent Rong Le from drinking the concoction, and was already reprimanded. Later on, she "spoke out of turn" to her true master and angered him for condemning him and their relationship. I don't know if she knew about their history, but if she did, that gives Rong Qi even more incentive to kill her because she's discarding what he believes is only right.

Fu Chou tried to consummate their marriage on many occasions, and usually she did not resist but did not comply either. She once told him he could use her as a vessel or as whatever he liked, but she would be emotionally detached. He decided to take his time earning her trust instead because he still hoped she could fall in love with him one day. After the whole "live spring show" scheme, she became embittered with him and rejected his presence at every turn. He ended up trying to rape her the day she left. She told him that if it weren't for the scheme, she would've already opened her heart to him. He already thought Wuyou obtained her love through sleeping together, so hearing her say this made him deranged and desperate to try it too.

I don't think Rong Qi or Fu Chou ever got to third base with her, and the only sexual violation she's ever been put through was from Wuyou, even though he was unwilling on his part too. He did it to save her and I don't think she hated him for it, but she blamed RQ and FC for her suffering the way she did and Wuyou being injured.

9. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for explaining.

I still dislike those characters, thought.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    stony27 likes this.
  10. SofiaZ

SofiaZ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

What do you mean by Prince Li's betrayal. How is is different or worse than in the series?

11. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the drama series she gets tricked because of a book that was never supposed to exist in the original novel.
    In the original novel he tricks her into falling in love so he can have sex with her and solve the problem he has with his Qi or cold body (I forgot now the exact issue he had with his body), since when he first attempted to seduce her she told him she didn't have sex without love.

That is way worse than being fooled for a book and accidentally falling in love in the process. Especially, in the novel he does treat her like a tool, even when he developed feelings for her (he doesn't realize until he knows he's screwed up, anyway). In the drama the whole getting together was less manipulative than in the original novel, and the drama complete leaves out the transmigration plot, so there's no previous betrayal by her first lover (who killed her on her step-mother's command) and there is no betrayal of his father towards her mother (the step-mother was the misstress all along, and he only waited for her mother to die, didn't even attend the funeral). All these factors made Prince Li's betrayal even worse in the novel, as it poked on an already existing wound and completely shattered her.

kawaii12345 likes this.