Picked Up F - The Maiden of Dawn and the Knight of the End

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by highsky44, Jun 7, 2017.

1. highsky44

highsky44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: F - The Maiden of Dawn and the Knight of the End
    Raw Link: first book ( I updated the first volume on dropbox if someone is interested in reading it. The series is still on going and currently there are 3 volumes)
    NU Link: there is none
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I usually don't like stories about heroines who are transported to another world since it's too cliché but i find this novel very intruiguing and interesting. I'm very curious how the heroine will be able to save a devastated world with only one survivor, who i really pity, i mean how did he manage to survive alone in that world while being targeted by spirits and demons? ( I liked how he cried when he found out Hibiki was not an illusion but a real human being) Well, i guess i'm gonna find out but it would be awesome if someone could pick this up novel since it will take me months before finishing it with my level of Japanese. Also the beautiful illustrations are another reason to pick it up.

Description:

Mishima Hibiki was suddenly summoned into another world during her holidays. An existence called "Fortune" declared that it had chosen Hibiki as its successor and threw her into the devastated world of Everule. Hibiki, who received the divine protection of the gods, saved the knight, Rui, there. He is the only survivor in this world run rampant with spirits. "I will protect you at any cost. I offer to you my unchangeable loyalty."

Two people chosen by fate to save this world -- it's a lonely alternate world fantasy!

There are multiple gods and Fortune is one of them who was blessed with "infinity" and "fate" and it sounds like he wants to grant a wish he had when he was human (oh yeah, he used to be a human before he ascended to godhood). Anyway, he messed up big time and caused a godly war to happen and everyone fought and destroyed the world (and the humans living on it, woops).

Now, Fortune is a bad guy and summoned Hibiki to be his successor, but she refuses to take his spot and he basically curses her and is like "Fine, you can go home but you can't make a single noise" and so she has to walk between the boundary of the worlds to get back home. But while she does this, she sees the knight, Rui, fighting these monsters and calls out to him to warn him. This traps her in his world.

Fortune comes back to take her to his heavenly realm and mock her and try to kill her but she's saved by two other gods. Orion and Silvai (?) bless her with their godly protection after she accepts that she can't go home (because Orion and Silvai aren't strong enough like Fortune to bridge between two worlds) and that she'll restore this world. Anyway, Orion and Silvai are actually breaking the rules when they bless her. Silvai pours his essence into her and disappears. Orion also blesses her and gifts her with a sacred beast but then shoves her out of heaven because the other gods have caught onto their actions and is coming to imprison him.

Hibiki lands back into the world of Everule, riding the sacred beast (Eru?), and manages to find Rui again and saves him from another fight. Before, she couldn't understand what he was saying but thanks to Silvai pouring his knowledge and stuff into her she can understand Rui's language now. There she finds out that he's been surviving as the "last human" on earth and he breaks down and clings to her when he realizes that she's an actual human and not an illusion.
    Thank you @Ilinox for reading the raws for me

im1.png img02.png omg03.png img04.png img05.png IMG06.png img07.png img08.png img09.png img10.png

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is... is that Suzunosuke I see?

+11111111111111111111111

Sounds interesting too

Raneday and highsky44 like this.
  3. benjor1

benjor1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I thought you were saying fuck the ending of this particular novel xD

xViper, shovel and Chiiiiiiiii like this.
  4. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    All I can think of is: Adam and Eve?

5. highsky44

Reading List:
    Link
    haha i actually don't know why there is a F in the name of novel but really....

Anyway i'm very curious it's has very different atmosphere from the another light novels with world travel but there are very good reviews from the japanese about this series so i'm gonna stick with the story i hope it will continue to be interesting.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  6. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    That illustration with the mc being spanked, damm

7. xViper

xViper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I clicked on it and expected a rant, got a pickup request instead

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    waaa +1000

9. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta save the world 1 baby at a time. Adam and eve!!!!!!!

10. Ilinox

Ilinox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES! That's what caught my eye too!!! Suzunosuke's art is gorgeous.

To be honest though, I don't like how much exposition there is in the first 3 chapters. It's a huge word dump about the world, who people are, what happened, what Hibiki should do, etc etc, and it really dragged on me but I'm hoping that once you get past that bit everything else should be more interesting to read (aka. the actual adventure).

On another note, I'm impressed by the writing in this novel and the feelings it evokes. Like highsky44 said, it was really touching when Rui cries and pretty much has a breakdown about being the only person alive, and having been alone for a long long time. It's also a bit scary how dependent he is on Hibiki because when she tried to send him away to somewhere safer he basically admits that he was going to commit suicide by fighting to the death after he saw her and how she disappeared the first time they met, because he thought he was finally going crazy and hallucinating. Her sending him away is essentially dooming him to death because he has nothing to live for and he's like "Why did you save my life twice if you're just going to throw me out". T__T IT'S SO SAD. It gets even sadder when he starts pleading like "I don't care if you don't trust me [and can't talk about the sacred mission she's on] just please allow me to be by your side." Anyway, yeah, the author keeps it going with smaller details like him being touch-starved, etc etc.

TL;DR this novel is great at creating atmosphere and you can really feel the loneliness of them being the only two people in this ruined world with spirit demons. I really can't imagine how they're gonna save the world. Right now their task is to exterminate the spirits with this holy sword given to Hibiki but that's not going to bring people back to life lol... unless they find a hidden bastion of humans somewhere? Anyway, good luck to whoever wants to pick this up!

11. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting. I will watch this thread now. I really hope it gets picked up!

highsky44 likes this.
  12. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woa illustrations amazing
    Hmm looks interesting

14. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Uwah!!!!! This novel sounds like something I really really really want to read!

Hopefully someone picks it up~!

15. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^^ +1. I don't have the time to fit this in but I do hope someone picks it up.

16. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope someone translates
    +1

17. highsky44

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Rurin

Rurin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    +1000 this seems interesting! and the art is also amazing! I hope someone pick this up :D

theilikepie likes this.
  20. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link