f2p friendly game with character customization

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Kumo723, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    i also require an anime/asian visual aesthetic character creation system. like Dragon Raja's character look or sweet dance's character look is exactly what I'm looking for. also, when i said f2p i mean for real f2p. ur mention of VIP/premium is worrying me

2. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well there is always a way for them to make their money
    with stuff like paywalls, pay2win mechanics, grind skips or cosmetics thought the cosmetics only might be the rarest
    also it seems to be an issue if a game was designed as f2p or as sub-model one as vip/premium only happens in the second group (corect me if im wrong but right now i cant remember a f2p game (besides browsergames) that added sucha feature)

3. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    please explain? i dont quite understand what ur saying here. also there's games like Sweet Dance and Sky COTL thats f2p and all the cosmetics are from skills and hard work. Sweet Dance's clothes are from gacha mechanics but they have a very fair gacha system so I got a lot of cool clothes without spending a single cent

4. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    companies have always ways of "earning" (forcing the money out of their customers) by paywalling content, p2win mechanics (like buy this nice weapon its just 100 $ and 5 times as strong as anything you could get without paying) , direct unlocks/grind skipping should be rather clear play this class for 200h to unlock the next one was a approach star wars battlefront 2 failed hard at (as with their lootboxes) and the other way would be cosmetics.

Subscription based games seems to prefer a VIP/premium &paywall approach while games planed as f2p are rather p2w/cosmetics based
    in the end its up to you to take a look and decide for your self if you find the monetarization model acceptable or not

5. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    well it doesnt have to be rpg. i could care less about those weapons, i only want the cool cosmetics

6. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but you want character creation ? for rpgs you might even create a whole party
    for racing games, shooters etc you hardly ever create a character, while city builders and plenty of other kinds dont give you a character/avatar at all ...