Discussion Favourite manga(s)

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Mousa4, Oct 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. FlowingSong

FlowingSong Otome Isekai Reader and Trash ML Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    My Recommended list:

The Breaker series
    I really love how someone so cold and violent and dangerous took care of an almost-left-for-dead-kid and that changed his life forever. And from their good relationship it becomes relationshit and it's still not finished since we still have the 3rd season.

Black Haze

Seems promising. Bishie Protagonist. Mysterious stuff going on in the background and you just don't know what will happen next.

Black Clover
    Degraded-Protagonist-But-Is-Really-Strong type of shounen. You know, he gets abused then he just had to have a bestfriend/rival that is Mr Perfect so overshadows him but we all know how this will end anyway. It's still promising though.

Noblesse
    Because Hot OP Guys with Dry Humor and Old Fashioned Views are funny and amusing when put in the 21st century. Battle scenes are epic btw and story is cliche? but it's told in a different way.

Tenkuu Shipan
    Original. To me anyway. Like Sky Scapper with Suspension Bridge action with Homicidal Masked people coming after you with a hatchet/axe/rifle/whatever can kill and it's literally Jump and Fall or Survive. Err I sense shoujo ai? ahahaha but it's pretty subtle between the characters involved and then there's reliable oniichan who seems to might have the tendency to suddenly flip and be the bad guy. And I can totally see that coming.

World Trigger
    Jin Yuuichi is Bro of the year to me. This is one of those mangas that 'might' have the TEAM 7 feel but is set on a totally different Plane of existence and genre. I'm a fan of Friendship and Loyalty themed reads so Tamakoma 2's story is really worth reading for me.

+Alpha Tachiichi (+a Tachiichi)
    Shoujo. Transferred to a game type Shoujo. I feel bitter about this since I feel like the protagonist is not really happy about what's happening to her but she doesn't realize it yet and she's going with the flow of things because she's kind like that. But anyway I really wanna see how she will develop herself. The world is unfair to her but that doesn't mean she can't be someone the universal law will not give way to.

Online the Comic
    I wanna know and read the novel. I wish someone would translate this. It's a suspense manga where you have no choice but to take part in once you're chosen. So yea feel the Kami-sama no Iutoori yet? Again the setting and mechanics is different but the rules are the same. You will die if you don't beat the game, you don't follow rules or you refuse the game altogether.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  3. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just caught up with reading one of the best manga i have read. Ruler of the land.
    it is funny and the action is great.
    Also don't judge the manga off the synopsis, the synopsis only gives an accurate description of the first couple of volumes only.
    Here is a proper description.
    A lazy guy who can copy any martial arts just by looking them, learns why learning basics of martial arts is important. He travels with a girl (who dresses like a guy), to help the girl find her grandfather. Who is one of the strongest humans.
    There is obviously more to the story than that but that is just the main characters' main goal, they go experience and learn a lot on the journey of finding the girl's grandfather.
    The art in the beginning isn't the greatest but it gets so much better in the later chapters.

4. taba1212

taba1212 Unemployed

Reading List:
    Link
    My favorite mangas are
    1. Mx0
    2. Psyren
    3. Hunter x Hunter
    4. Air Gear
    5. One Piece
    6. Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    7. Eye Shield 21
    8. Dragon Ball
    9. Slam Dunk
    10. Initial D

5. 12kucingputih

12kucingputih Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a lot of manga several month ago but now only read one piece and one punch man :D

6. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read all of them except slam dunk and Intial D

7. taba1212

taba1212 Unemployed

Reading List:
    Link
    well I guess you have something to add to your "to read list" haha

8. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Read Tenkuu Shinpan in 1 day; awesome manga!

FlowingSong likes this.
  9. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right! it's so exciting and original!

Zone Q11 likes this.
  10. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Not only that, but I find that stuff like this never tends to become over hyped for some reason. It's that hidden gem you have to dig out making it all the more better.

FlowingSong and Zone Q11 like this.
  11. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. It's not even in the top 20 of MF and it doesn't even have the HOT tag. I stumbled upon this completely by accident and i didn't think i'd love it.

12. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually found it by hitting the random button Q_Q was truly wonderful when it came out.

FlowingSong likes this.
  13. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if we've convinced someone to read TS by now xD

14. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully. the manga is amazing. and more people should enjoy it.

Zone Q11 and FlowingSong like this.
  15. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    You convinced me :), but i will probably start reading it after I finish reading get backers (a great read).

Zone Q11 and FlowingSong like this.
  16. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    YEY we have one!

17. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    well finding good manga to read, is the main reason i made this thread :), and of course i was curious about knowing other people's favourite novels.

FlowingSong likes this.
  18. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If nobody in here has heard of Kyou Kara Ore Wa I'd highly recommend it. It's my all time favorite manga. It's a light hearted action comedy that has the basic plot of two people decide they want to become punks when they transfer schools and their shenanigans afterwords. The art style starts off somewhat crude but improves. For something much darker you could read Hareluya II Boy, where it's also about punks and I recall it being very good. If you like The Breaker try checking out Veritas (probably actually had a better storyline) where it gives a very similar feel, but has relatively large amounts of fanservice. Perfect Girl Evolution (AKA The Wallflower) is also quite good.
    Essentially recommended for ones I didn't see in this thread of the top of my head that you might not have seen I was trying to keep it to less known mangas although they all are fairly popular.
    Recommending:
    1. Kyou Kara Ore Wa.
    2. If you enjoyed the Breaker: Veritas
    3. Perfect Girl Evolution
    4. Hareluya II Boy if you can handle dark themes.
    5. Record of Fallen Vampire if you can handle having your heart break.

19. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's unfortunate that the breaker is discontinued. For Black Cover, I've read it once and I liked it. I haven't gone back though ever since I started reading novels.

20. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link

I tried reading Veritas and YES IT'S GOOD but from what i heard before it wasn't properly finished? or something like it was too short. anyway YES I recommend it as well if anyone likes THE BREAKER series.