Discussion Favourite types of villain death moment

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by 0000000, Feb 23, 2020.

?

You fav villain's last moment?

1. Lamenter type 1

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Lamenter type 2

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Lamentor type 3

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Curser

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Others (please specify)

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So most of us had read xianxia or any other CN for that matter, every dying villain might have an exit sequence before they leave the set and never to return, meaning they dead. During the moment of their death, things like regret, rage, disbelief, whatever emotions might come to them, some villain might even vocalise such feelings prior to death. Below are the catagories and sub-catagories that I can churn out of, do tell me your fav and some unique ones if you have read them before.

1. Lamenter type 1: the villains who have regrets on going against MC and crew out and somewhat think that they themselves are in the wrong. I saw these types in older works, lately at the newer works, not so much.
    2. Lamenter type 2: might have the same regret, but is instead grumbling in the line of "why let MC grow until he/ she can kill us?" Or "I should have wipe the entire bloodline out." Inwardly cursing MC or other plotters that led to his/ her death also counts, most classic is "HOW DARE HE KILL ME!?!!?"
    3. Lamenter type 3: those that have put aside their negativity and accepting fate, which is rare, and those who are genuinely thankful, probably not towards MC, that they died.
    4. Curser: curse MC, curse his spouse, curse his entire family plus bloodline plus world he lives in. Bonus if he/ she has a last line before dying, and it is "you can't kill me! I am from XXX! They will ...!" a death threat, nice.
    5. Others: Not even have the time to think about their death or so shocked about MC really killing them, so much so that they forget their words. Or other examples that you might come up of.

So what's your fav villain's last moment?

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Rogel17

Rogel17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about a villain who reminisces about his past.

As they say, you either die early as a hero.
    Or live long enough to become the villain.

ace2002 and 0000000 like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really regretting anything or thankful about anything but there is the kind that dies smiling or laughing till their last breath as if they didn't do anything wrong at all, I am not sure in which category theybelong so I think they belong in the others :hmm:

imK, otaku31, ace2002 and 5 others like this.
  5. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the villains that succeed or done enough damage with his plan and die laughing.
    and the decisive type that dies trying for his ambition without any regret.

6. Rogel17

Rogel17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Simply having a difference in ideology or methodology and that MC had bigger fist to enforce his. I like this too.

imK, 0000000, otaku31 and 2 others like this.
  7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Lamenter type 3 i guess?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer the kind of villain that dies while coming to the realization that their ways were not the right way to go about things.

Or the kind that admits their defeat and now puts their hopes in the MC to construct a better future than they themselves had constructed so far, even if they don't necessarily agree with the MC.

imK and 0000000 like this.
  10. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Type 3s but not completely in its current state on the poll (genuinely thankful). I propose a Type 4 death where the villain knows he did evil stuff but accepts that and dies with knowing that they failed, but with no regrets. Kinda like...a villain who holds onto his convictions? "Yeah I was a jerk, so what?" or "Alright, you win. But I still did what I thought was right," kinda vibe.

And I don't know this fits besides "others" but what about those transmigrator types who have the play the role of a villain and die supremely satisfied that they fulfilled their roles, all while "acting out" anything from Types 1-3?

Also the "misunderstood villain!" Who died doing something great and noble that doesn't come up until he/she is long gone and the truth comes out. I find that really satisfying to read (which is why I love transmigrated into a villainous cannon fodder type story where the MC has to die according to the plot to clear the world, but leaves behind enough "clues" to justifies his actions as "noble" so the rest of the cast can "regret his/her death"), but I guess...the "villains" in those books aren't really the bad guys....

Still good though, and still a villain when they "die," so I'm tentatively counting it in my collection. >:)

imK, 0000000 and AliceShiki like this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I like all of those much more than the ones the OP mentioned~ :aww::aww::aww:

12. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I would say that I really have a favourite, it really depends on the context it fits within the rest of the story.
    Although I'll admit I'm slightly more in favour of villains that at least reflect over their situation (regardless of if they regret or not) over ones that just start screaming.

imK, AliceShiki and 0000000 like this.
  13. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meruem is my kind of villain and his death has weight to it.

14. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those that went with their path and lost, they didn't regret their decision even in their death.

"I have chosen and followed my path until now. I don't regret dying because of it, I lament because I was too weak to follow it"

0000000 likes this.
  15. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the one that punched his soul into heaven. "Of this life... I have not a single regret"

Type 3 is the closest you have. I love one that stuck to their ambition to the end, regretted nothing, and died satisfied with their own effort. One that the MC respected even in death.

imK, AliceShiki and 0000000 like this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is really nice too! To get the respect of the MC even though they were in opposing sides and all, it's really nice to see~

imK, GDLiZy and 0000000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.