Recommendations Female Lead/Romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Yukihito, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Yukihito

Yukihito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! This is my first time posting here as Im generally a silent reader. Recommendations please~ preferrably those with a female lead. Stories that have good grammar/writing as I can't stand those with bad grammar OTL can be completed, ongoing but preferrably not dropped. Thank you!
    //oh and if ever- just a short and cute romance story~

yuzuki, LittleMadam and winter woods like this.
  2. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Yukihito

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I already read A Slight Smile is Very Charming, but a bit hesitant to read To Be a Virtuous Wife. It has a lot of Chinese Terms and I'm not really comfortable with too much- I keep forgetting them to be honest- Will definitely check the others!

4. Lawn

Lawn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever a thread like this is created To Be A Virtuous Wife is always recommended so you could probably give it a go as a lot of people like it.

5. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    It's definitely a better place to start than other Imperial romances since wwyxhqc does a good job of giving you footnotes that explain what the terms are. It's daunting to start, but honestly once you start reading it starts sticking to you. That's also because the story is quite good. Maybe when you are more comfortable, give it a shot! It'll enhance your chinese knowledge a bit :p

SeiraJLoyard likes this.
  6. Yukihito

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you~ will try but last time, I gave up in the middle. My head confuses all these chinese terms. Will try to read it though~

7. Yukihito

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes~ I really like the plot the story but I still get confused over the chinese terms- maybe when I get a bit more knowledgeable with the terms~ the footnotes are a big help really.

8. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    To Be A Virtuous Wife definitely. looks like the hard work have been paid off.
    well, the terms don't really mean anything much. most that matters are the position, like maternal uncle, paternal grandmother and such.

9. Lawn

Lawn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah when i first started stuff with lots of Chinese references and stuff it was confusing but i got use to it. And here are some recommendations of mine, Really, Really Miss You, Come and Eat, Shan Shan, Union Of Enemies

10. Yukihito

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but my head really can't take it for the mean time >o< maybe in the future-
    Thank you! Will read those~

11. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Yukihito

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Will def read those~
    Just finished Mulberry Song and currently crying my eyes out. Thank you for these recommendations- I love it-- also Our Second Master. Curently reading Sansheng.

jkmessah likes this.
  13. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sansheng is a great one.

I just finished reading Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang (which doesn't have that many Chinese terms, at least I think).

And then there's also the entire reincarnated in an "otome game" trope too.

14. forgotusername

forgotusername Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Binge it. This is some great stuff, cried 4 times in 15 chapter.
    Almost cried again during "side story 1", I don't even know what's wrong with me, always thought my tear gland is already dead until yesterday.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  15. Yukihito

Reading List:
    Link
    @yuzuki thank you! Will check it out. I actually have read akot of stories with that "otome game" theme haha
    @forgotusername will do so~

16. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Female MC back for revenge (Mei Gongqing and princess wei yang have similar reasons of revenge)
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/mei-gongqing/
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/chongfei-manual/
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-princess-wei-yang/ Warning: slow updates, but hint of possible romantic interest makes me excited for future chapters

Female MC transported to different world to become wife of a military general who doesn't want her yet...
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-mistaken-marriage-match-a-generation-of-military-counselor/

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/wagamama-onna-ni-tensei-shita-yo/ so far female lead has no romantic partner, but the love between female lead and son is really adorable.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/common-sense-of-a-dukes-daughter/ you probably already have read this, but just in case you haven't, really good reincarnated into an otome villainous character. Unique point about this is that it occurs just as the character is being "persecuted" and her life afterwards.

https://honyakusite.wordpress.com/wizard-with-the-flower-blades/ an original story, about a male ending up in a female body when he got transported to a new world so is now a female lead (?), not heavy on romance, other than childhood friend, everyone else thinks he's female, but hints of potential love interests here and there.

something similar to wizard with the flower blade is http://www.novelupdates.com/series/only-sense-online/ once again not romance based but female(?) lead enters VRMMO game due to childhood friend and sister dragging her to the game. Slice of life type novel, where MC does what he wants at her pace.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  17. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Short, cute, and romantic? Hmm...

I haven't gotten a chance to start on it, but people recommended I Don't Like the World, I Only Like You as one (and bonus, it's completed!). There's also The Hero Suddenly Proposed to Me, But... which has plenty of cute + a manga (though it's still in its early translation stages) and otome-game-player-turned-actual-game-character classic I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags, which is sugary sweet in the flavor of Wagamama and similar.

Hidden Marriage has an adorable Little Bun, too. ;)

18. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    An Otome Game’s Burikko Villainess Turned into a Magic Otaku Translation seems to have stopped? hiatus? for this series but it's not left at a cliffy and a lot of chapters out. Mostly fluffy and humorous and about a reincarnated girl who's like a slightly less dense Bakarina. Romance is established and friendship is a thing.

First Marriage Then Love Slow burn romance. Both main character girl and male lead suffered from unfortunate romances. They get hitched out of a sense of mutual cooperation and rest of the series is about how they fall in love with each other.

It Seems Like I Got Reincarnated Into The World of a Yandere Otome Game If your average romance is like milk chocolate, this one is like refined dark chocolate. A sweet, gentle romance with slight yandere overtones (nothing you can really pin down and dislike to the extreme). Nothing explicit either.

The Wolf Lord’s Lady Very bittersweet series. Not much out yet but it's one of the best I've read. Involves misunderstandings between female main character and male lead and reincarnation.

Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu Female main character, no romance that I can see. Purely a slightly silly girl and her friends and her school life. Also, her obsession over commoner snacks despite being reborn as a noble girl.

19. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    I also had a lot of problems with the Chinese names and titles when I first started. What helped me is having a small text document with a few notes, that way I could quickly reference it if I needed to without interrupting the flow of the story too much.

[​IMG]

Suggestions:
    The Wolf Lord’s Lady - dark first chapter, lighter tone after, innocent daughter of evil lord is executed along with her family and is reincarnated (scriptor beat me to it while I was typing out)
    Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu - female mc reincarnated as an otome game villain, slice of life, slow progress but cute (scriptor beat me to it)
    Xiao Qi, Wait! - historical romance, straight forward but simple female mc has amnesia and forgets that she loves her new husband
    Dragon Life - female MC is reincarnated as a dragon is magic world, cute romance
    I’ll Live My Second Life! - princess female MC is married off, she dresses as a man and joins the knights, slow romance, cute
    Tensei Shitanode Tsugi Koso wa Shiawasena Jinsei wo Tsukande Misemashou - female MC is reincarnated in a magic world, very slow progress,
    Stunning Edge - cunning female mc, strong and determined, several possible love interests

20. Kyo Tsurugi

Kyo Tsurugi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link