Discussion Fictional character parallels in real life

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not bringing up anything political but I saw a comment under a video of Donald trump supporters that said "This is why people shouldn't complain about movies (fictional characters and events) being unrealistic since dumb people like that exist in real life and as we can see by the hundreds of thousands to millions as if tik tok wasn't a certificate of idiocy already."

It definitely had me laughing although it was spitting straight facts.
    Definitely made me reconsider the retards I came across in novels, manga and anime.

2. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, not gonna say anything about Trump supporters, but whenever I see a review that says something along the lines of 'how is the MC so immature, they were a grown adult before reincarnating/transmigrating', I think to myself that they just haven't met anyone like that yet. Well, of course there is a minimum of maturity you'd at least expect, but oftentimes these reviews are just readers being mad at MC for acting like a horny teen or making one or two dumb decisions. When the MC really is a teen now. I mean, there are legit working adults out there that genuinely refuse to believe that the Earth is round, alright?

Of course, it'd be different if their life before really required maturity, but usually they had pretty average lives that one doesn't need a tough mentality for. And the 'MC so immature' argument is a fine reason to not like a novel, or any piece of media for that matter, it's just that living a life as an adult doesn't automatically make you mentally mature, and I'm a little tired of seeing people review things like it does.

3. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, and I've also heard of a girl whose IRL life... the drama XD

There's two guys fighting over her, and one of them is rich and keeps buying her expensive purses, and the other's her childhood friend or something ahaha :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

4. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have trouble accepting when they act like idiots when in the past life they were shown being quite competent

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  5. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    "Imagine the stupidest person you know, then multiply the stupidity by ten. Then realize that people are much more stupid than that" - Master Oogway or something

6. ConnectFire611

ConnectFire611 [NUF Wizard] - (ᗒᗜᗕ) - (⌐▨-▨) - [Uncle of Three]

Reading List:
    Link
    Your favorite shows are often the ones that parallel your life.

Either what you desire or what you’re afraid of.