Oneshot Flowing Cycle

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Mifeln, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Mifeln

Mifeln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rains really gives you different kinds of inspiration. It really is calming.

Watching the flow of things, I can’t help but know that everything that I see will disappear as time passes by. A fleeting scene, a fleeting smile and a fleeting life.

A being that was once saw the end of a world, I can’t help but hate how much of a pain it gives to someone who experienced it once. A pain that was too painful for even a person that experienced it a lot of times can’t bear to contain.

“Why do you look at the sky blankly every time I visit you?”

A fleeting voice that I was sure that I always hear every time I watch everything ends. A voice that sounds so different that it was familiar.

“Well I just want to appreciate how beautiful the sky today.”

Answering those things, I walk towards the house to prepare for food.

“Is it really beautiful? Last time, the sky looks so dark but you still said that it was beautiful.”

Following me back inside the house, I can’t help but smile wryly.

“The sky is always beautiful, no matter how different it is to the sunny days, it will always be beautiful for me.”

“I guess what you say is true. Then why do you like rain so much?”

Cutting pieces of the vegetables that I stocked up, I can’t help but remember the rainy days. The days where I can’t save them, days where I have to abandon them and the days where I never left their side.

“Well there’s a certain charm in rains than the usual sunny days.”

Checking where I placed the salt, I throw some wood to the stove as to make sure that the fire will never run out.

“The way it soaks everything, I can’t help but think of how calming it is as those drops falls down.”

“You really are weird sometimes.”

“Well you always say that to me so I can only agree.”

“What do you mean? Always?”

Moving as I control the fire, I put the ingredients that I cut to the pot one by one while making sure that I don’t make a mistake.

“Did you know, nature itself always needs rain?”

“Well of course it will dry things up if there’s no rain.”

Making sure that I never missed a single ingredient, I start stirring the pot gently as I watch the fire calmly burning.

“We humans needs the rain as well. Though sometimes there are humans that hates it because it harms them.”

“What got into you for being philosophical today?”

“Nothing much. It’s just that, I just want to appreciate what I see, or anything that is in front of me.”

Putting a lid to the pot, I take out the plates and other cutleries. Preparing the table neatly, I look up to see a beautiful pair of eyes looking straight at me as if she’s curious about something.

“Do you appreciate me as well?”

Hearing her question, I was forced to smile bitterly.

“No matter how many times you ask that, I will always answer the same.”

“Huh? The same? What do you mean? I never asked you about this even once though?”

Ignoring her words, I finish preparing the table and goes back to the pot.

Smelling a good fragrant, I start putting the stew that I made on a small bowl enough for the two of us.

“Well you might ask that again in the future so I will just say that.”

“But you still haven’t answered my question! Do you appreciate me?”

Placing every food at the table, I take a seat while looking at her having a tantrum.

“How about you just take seat here right now and eat first. Thinking with an empty stomach is not going to help you, you know?”

“But I am the one that should not be thinking! You just have to say yes or no!”

“Oh come on, don’t trouble yourself with that and just eat with me right now. It will taste bad if it gets cold.”

Smiling at her calmly, she glares at me angrily then takes a seat at the opposite side of mine.

“Just stop thinking about complicated stuff and enjoy your visit here. It’s not like I will be going somewhere that you will not be able to ask me again.”

Accepting what I said, she started eating the food.

Watching her expression change to different kinds as she enjoys the food, I can’t help but smile and start eating as well.

“Do you like your peaceful life here at the country side?”

Looking up at her, I can’t help but chuckle a bit seeing her avoiding my eyes.

“Well… I do? This place is extremely peaceful and not like any other monsters or demons will come in here demanding something heavy.”

A place where there’s no one will ruin the peaceful atmosphere. A place that I can watch the world flow peacefully while doing something that I wanted to do.

“How about you? Would you want to move in to this country side that I stay at?”

Taking some spoonful and eating bread as I wait for her answer, she looks at me as if wanting to say something.

“… I still can’t. I still have a lot of work to do before I can do that.”

Taking a deep breath, her eyes shows a strong determination.

“I see… I guess the work of a princess and a commander is too stressful as well that’s why you always come here.”

“I know right, they always ask me to do a lot of stuff and even those new recruits that Jacob got are too undisciplined so I got more headaches.”

As she starts ranting off, I can’t help but see that she is enjoying it.

A face that almost looks like she has no expression, a white hair that has that makes her looks like a cold person. Just looking at her beautiful pair of eyes that has the same color of ruby. I can’t help but just admire her beauty, a beauty that any person will have to admire by just looking at them.

“Father even wants me to marry someone capable from some military family. Even though I always tell him that I already have someone in my heart.”

“Well I guess your father wants to see a grandchild and to ease your burden from military.”

“That’s what he wants but I don’t want to marry some stiff guy that only thinks of their work.”

Eating and conversing, I can’t help but remember moments that I forgot after living for a long time.

“Well as long as you do the things that you are happy to do, then I will support you. Just remember that if you ever feel stressed then come here, maybe when I get a good catch at the forest I will be able to cook your favorite food.”

“Really?!”

“Yeah. I promise it.”

Saying those things with a smile, I can’t help but think of how peaceful this life is.

A life where I can enjoy every bits of my life without suffering. A life that I can just watch the flow until the time for me to join in the flow and move along the cycle.

“Living a peaceful life really is the best, so I will be waiting for you to finish those work of yours.”