Folktale

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CadmarLegend, May 1, 2021.

1. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    Any fun folktales you got with you? I am bored and really wanna just hear some stories.... maybe put them under a spoiler is it's longer than 5 paragraphs.... and also give the spoiler a name, the name of your folktale...

Shizukani likes this.
  2. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it really abnormal to read the tags...

Blitz likes this.
  3. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I read tags and I'm abnormal. They're independent events.

Fulminata likes this.
  4. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    *nods* True true :aww:

5. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    Folk tales?
    Hmmmmm
    Lets seeeeee

So, we have this dude, who basically prayed too much.
    He prayed so much many gods gifted him miracles.
    Now, he had the following powers
    He cannot die in something
    He cannot die out of something
    He cannot die in the morning
    He cannot die at night
    He cannot be killed by a human
    He cannot be killed by an animal
    He cannot be killed by a god
    He cannot be killed by a weapon

I'll leave it upto you how he dies

6. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    This folktale gave left a deep impression on me, but i forgot from where does this one originated..
    Once upon a time, there lived a lonely widow in a tiny house near a cliff on a mountain range. Her husband died on a hiking accident years ago, and her only son died falling from the cliff near her house while playing. One day, she went out to the market and there, met a fortune teller that said that the next time the widow step out from her house, it'll be her turn to die.

The widow was utterly terrified; after all, she have seen firsthand on how terrifying death could be. And so, when she got home, she immediately bars the doors of her house and resolved to never take a step outside again. Anything and everything was solved through a tiny window.

One day, in the middle of a snowstorm, the widow heard a series of frantic knocking sound on her door. She, of course, didn't want to open the door for anything at all. But then, she heard the sound of a little girl crying and asking for a shelter from the unopened door. The widow's heart wavered and finally, after devising a strategy that would prevent her from forcibly taken outside by a surprise or so, open the door and let the little girl in.

The little girl was extremely cold, and she looked half death. At first, it was pity that drove the widow to took care of the little girl. But living alone was lonely, and the girl reminded her of the little boy that used to be her son, and the laughter that filled the entire house whenever she told her fairy tales or just goofing around reminded the widow of the time when her family was whole and happy. Years gone by, and the widow finally viewed the little girl as her own daughter.

One day, when the spring came and rows of beautiful wildflower started to bloomed in the front yard of their little hut, the little girl begged the widow to play with her outside. The widow finally relents, and finally step out from her hut with the little girl. They played in the flower fields, making flower crowns for each others, laughing happily and having their best time together.
    In the middle of it, the little girl suddenly asked the widow,

"It wasn't that scary, right?"
    The widow, still smiling happily, replied to the girl, "what do you mean?"
    The little girl smiled, and put another flower crown to the head of the widow. "Death. I am not scary after all, right?"

7. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narasimha#Prahlāda_legend
    Gets clawed to death by a lion-human hybrid who is an avatar of a god at the boundary of his courtyard during twilight

8. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link