Spoiler For my deleric favorite/ For my abandoned love(?)/버려진 나의 최애를 위하여

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by SueVal, Mar 5, 2021.

1. mayairreal

mayairreal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like when Cael burn her bracelet and think Diana under big illusion to think his feeling will be same as before, can be swayed and gives his heart affectionally as he did back then just by gives him a bracelet. :blobowoevil_horns:

mewylve and i_am_here like this.
  2. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that by gifting him that bracelet, Cael had finally the proof of what Diana really was: a beautiful girl but average like everyone

mayairreal likes this.
  3. Alanif_7.

Alanif_7. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah they definitely are. Both Hestia and Kael are so stunning and I love their story so much and the adaptation has been so wonderful. I'm starting to see the personality of the crown princess too and boy is she naive and arrogant. Can't wait to see more and kudos to the creators.

4. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the last chapter of the manga and it was so deliciously broken I had to say something. The org fl just told her perfect crown prince husband she couldn't stop judging Cael for what he did even though she had no good reason to continue to consider his actions as a great sin. And she justified this because she was a saintess so she could not break her perfect moral character. Honestly. Is a saintess supposed to be the judge of all humanities sin? I thought they were supposed to represent the love of god, his charity, his forgiveness, not his vengeance. When has any saint been described as an angel of vengeance? Even if there has been, it's not a good look for her. Especially when she could no longer justify her "holy anger" towards him. A fact she admitted herself. Wow! And everyone, even her husband see what happened differently than her and yet she still refused to budge! How crazy is that. "I'm a saintess, so I'm qualified to judge the world even if I can't justify my judgements and no one agrees with me" talk about an extreme over-reach.

5. mayairreal

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious because a lot of reader defend Diana before. Will they still defend her after saw this chapter. :blobpopcorn_two:

6. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if people will forgive her and continue to like her. I must say though, that I saw this coming a mile away. She's the type that has to decide everything. It's her way or it's not good enough. No one else's needs, opinions or abilities matter. Either do as she says or your voted off the island.

I actually thought she might have a moment of clarity there for a minute but no. She was like "I'm right. It doesn't look or sound like I'm right so husband you are to tell me I'm right... wait, why aren't you just saying I'm right. You are my husband, your job is to always agree with me. You say I'm right right now or I'll be very mad! Because I'm right! Right?" These characters, I just can't get enough. They are so broken.

the prince was a laugh too. The though that everything would just blow over and everything would be good again was crazy. He let his friend pay over and over again to support Diana. Would any normal human let their love rival support the woman they both love and be just fine with it. He Never payed a dime back or allowed anything to inconvenience himself in anyway. Like it was natural for everyone else to sacrifice for what he wants. All a prince should have to do is reaped all the benefits, right?. And he saw nothing wrong with that.

The prince used the moment Diana was the most upset with Cael to seal the deal on his marriage. Talk about setting him up then kicking him while he was down. The prince sat by and let Diana accuse and hate Cael as a murderer to benefit himself. But that was just going to blow over right. No big deal.

And now that he got his love for a "steal" he's realizing that she's not the perfect packaged princess she was marketed as. She's having a hard time making the crossover from religious icon to politically savvy. So what does he do? 'Money back! Give me my money back! Oops, I guess I didn't pay for this, it was my friend who now has a great wife who's actually useful. Can we swap?'

This guy is so bad it's cringe worthy. He's already got the girl the first time. Can't he at least try to keep a respectable distance now they are both married? But no! It's like he's obsessed with taking his friends things. The grass is always greener in your fiends field apparently.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    ihatemilk, Minaeli, phamtasia and 5 others like this.
  7. chuckiescrinkles

chuckiescrinkles Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Diana's personality is honestly the kind of personality I absolutely hate. She's one of those close-minded, hypocritical, and inflexible people who are ignorant of the complexities of the real world. Although she was born as a commoner, she had been under the protection of the temple. And although she has seen poverty and powerlessness with her very own eyes, she has never really experienced it. She can continue going on and on about her simple and basic sense of justice and morality because she has never really learned how complicated and cruel the reality of life could really be. She doesn't seem to understand that people have their own ideologies that they follow, ideologies that resulted from the different hardships they have experienced.

Diana doesn't take into account what a person has been through, what made them think and act as such, and what they could be possibly feeling. She doesn't try to understand and she just judges them on whether or not the person did something good or bad without really understanding the reason behind why the person did what they did. She expects people to think the way she thinks, and she expects people to follow the way she thinks, and if they go against such, they're automatically labeled as bad people in her eyes. In the novel, she'd expect Helios to always support her and to always agree with her. She would expect people to follow her example so easily just because she thinks she's doing the right thing. She expects people to follow her example, to do what she wants, without understanding the people she's dealing with in the first place. For this, it'd make sense to call her a simpleton.

I also hate how she couldn't even see how much of a hypocrite she was being. She keeps standing for this justice and morality of hers when she herself was being vulgar and immoral. How can she chase after a man who she rejected, criticized, and abandoned when her relationship with her husband deteriorated, not to mention how the said man already had a wife? Although Helios made mistakes as well, he was the only one trying to make up or save the marriage. She doesn't even think about compromising. She's stubborn, proud, and insensitive. Marriage goes both ways, and both will have to compromise, yet she refuses to do such. It was no surprise that their marriage ended the way it did.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant. I personally love how the author made such a character. She wasn't the typical bitchy villainess who'd either be sly enough to go against the MC or be stupid and annoying to irritate and become an obstacle to the MC. She was just a very ignorant, stubborn, insensitive, and narrow-minded person. She was a frustrating character, and she had a personality that we readers are more likely to encounter and deal with in reality.

Nishichi, im_trash42, its0k and 2 others like this.
  8. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    the sad thing is that people like Diana really exist...they make me so sick of them that i want to throw them in a warzone and then ask them if they're still in mood to nag

LostRose17 likes this.
  9. LostRose17

LostRose17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's why I can't get behind people who try to justify Diana or hate her ending. She and the Crown Prince were actually imo fairly realistic in a sense they were two different people who were in love with the idea of love. I actually like their ending especially hers, she was self-important and was always the main character because of her beauty and saintly powers which she used to gain power and dodge responsibility. There's a lot of people like that irl. And because of Hestia, she got a reality check and was forced to take a step back and actually to deal with the world without her buffs, we can assume she's being more responsible now without her buffs. Same with the Crown Prince who used to leave all the important duties to his best friend but after his father's sickness and subsequent
    death
    , he's forced to take responsibility and choose between his shallow love and the kingdom he's meant to be leading.

Also Diana from a distance fit the role FL perfectly hence why she was the FL in OG work because she was superficially kind and beautiful. But her flaw was her moral rigidness and her blind devotion to God but only when it suited her. She's like those people irl who are kind but use religious scriptures out of context when it benefits them and their views.

Minaeli and im_trash42 like this.
  10. chuckiescrinkles

chuckiescrinkles Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i know right! one thing I really loved about the novel was how there was no big baddie or ultimate villain. just a really irritating and frustrating character.

OMG YES THIS.

I love how the author slapped a sense of reality into the novel. Like how helios and diana's passionate love wasn't enough to uphold a national marriage, or how there are some things that can't by defined by simply just right or wrong and that it's more complicated than that.

I swear I've never loved a novel this much.

Minaeli and LostRose17 like this.
  11. Scarlet Reed

Scarlet Reed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i saw the manhwa in a youtube short and i immediately went to this spoiler thread because i wanted to make sure this has a happy ending cos im fragile. but like wow some of the comments in this thread are awful. the ml has depression so he is weak and pathetic ??? um ?? i pray you don't have a loved one suffering from depression if this is how you will react to them. in the first place, love isn't supposed to be a magical panacea that will magically cure depression, nor some acts of kindness. depression is a debilitating mental illness. how many people die from suicide in a day? some of them don't even give off signs of depression because they always look happy. u know someone has the privilege of not of not suffering depression when they can say something so callous and insensitive like wow i can't believe there is still such ignorant people in today's time... :/

anyway, im glad the fl seems so cool. the actual spoilers in this thread give me life. this sounds like such a good novel and im running to read everything.

mayairreal likes this.
  12. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not only is he considered by some people. There are some Karens (apologies if anyone is named karen) who even called him a stalker. Cuz some ppl have way too much sympathy for the Diana, the actual selfish person.

You should totally try novel. There is mtl on this thread. It is so good.

Scarlet Reed likes this.
  13. mayairreal

Reading List:
    Link
    I also love the way author gives sense of reality in the novel. Not a single characters perfect here and the way to the ending quite different from other series, even maybe not everyone cup of tea.

I start to look at other series from the same author and sometimes I can feel she's like to include about depression, apologize, forgiveness.

14. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reality to the characters is also what drew me to the novel. It amazing how many times people who are herald as saints are actually not good people at all. They want to help the masses, not people. The love the world, not individuals. That ends up making them the most judgmental people.

Many of the rulers and leaders seen as being capable of anything are actually posers that ride on the coat tails of others. They see no need to inconvenience themselves, they only take all the credit.

the real workers of this world often get depressed. Be cause they give and give. It's bad when no one notices, buts what's worse is when everyone just expects you to do everything. And when the worker bee finally breaks, people are mad because they aren't in doing everyone's job.

the main character's love was portrayed as a kind of celebrity worship. As though the only real selfless love can only be had from afar. Not something that exists in reality. How true is that. I love you- so love me back, I want you-so want me too. How much of what we call love to day is only about filling our own desires. And anyone that can really care for someone else is called obsessive, with ulterior motives, or what not.

BananaChi, LostRose17 and mayairreal like this.
  15. zFrankMz

zFrankMz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know where can i read the novel?

16. Imfictophilia

Imfictophilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please give me detail spoiler about what will cael do when he knows hestia might die, not the first time when she told him she might die but when he truly loves hestia, i wanna know what this man will do to save her

17. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    Cael was so afraid of losing her that he made the doctor visit her everyday. Hestia reassured him that she won’t die but still Cael is afraid. In the end he could only believe in Hestia, take care of her since her life and death is in god’s hands.
    He calmed down when Hestia overcame the day of her death.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    Elisee, Minaeli, im_trash42 and 2 others like this.
  18. Imfictophilia

Imfictophilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much and i have one more question, does she not reveal till the end that shes transmigrator from modern world to him or is cael suspicious on her behavior that seems to know everything

im_trash42 likes this.
  19. KristinaMariaSara

Reading List:
    Link
    Cael suspected her being a “prophet” since the start and his suspicion were confirmed when she told him that she returned to the past.
    Hestia never reveals that she comes from another world and Cael never suspected this secret of hers.
    Well, it’s understandable, he was so intelligent to guess her first secret (time traveling) but suspecting her as transmigrator, it’s unthinkable even for him.

I hope that in the manhwa version, the transmigrations secret will be revealed.

MianneChan, Elisee, Minaeli and 4 others like this.
  20. mayairreal

Reading List:
    Link
    Look at the way Cael affraid of losing Hestia, I think she's not releaved it is a good judgement. Cael might be affraid all the time thinking his wife may back to her real word someday unnotice just the way she comes to Cael's world. As he still can chase her if they are in the same world, but nobody know how to go to her world.

im_trash42 likes this.