Discussion For the one that want to lives in Korea

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Demonic Poring, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello guys, I made this thread for nuffies... and I know a lot of Korean will be mad with me cause of this post.

So, a lot of you maybe think that live in Korea is a good thing, like k-pop, music, food, novel, plastic surg, and many more. But I can tell you, lives in Korea have a lot of bad things as well. I'm a half Korean-Indonesian, I have a brother and 3 sisters. My brother, me, and one of my sister choose to be Indonesian, and 2 of my sister choose to be Korean. And in this thread, I'm gonna tell you why I choose to be an Indonesian.

1. Korea is really noisy. American said that NY is a city that never sleep, try to lives in Seoul and they gonna changes their mind. I know that it's not in all Korea but Korea is noisy as hell. Almost every store in Seoul play k-pop in the day with loud noise and it's normal in there. It's a little bit better in the night but it's still noisy. I have noise suppresor in my house in Korea cause I don't want to wake up in the midnight cause of the noise

2. Allienated. I don't know if it's just me but Korean usually allienated a foreign. It's nothappening to me but my wife. My wife is a half Russian and she has a Russian face. So she told me that whenever she is shopping alone, she is kinda allienated. Like when she is eating in the restaurant or go to mall or boutiques, she got the feeling that the Korean is allienated her.

3. Transportation. Transportation in Korean is not bad, but not good too. I don't know if it's only my bad luck or somethings but when I was using taxi in Korea, 7/10 of taxi driver is bad. Like they dropped me in 1 block away from my destination, or they don't give a fvck about snow when they drives. This is my personal exp, when I was like 6 years old (24 yo in normal way), I was using taxi from the airport to my parent's house in Seoul. In the road, the driver is rarely talking, and he don't give a fvck about the snow and still drives like 70-80 km/h. And after that, the car spun around. That accident almost cost me my life. And I got a trauma from taking taxi ride in Korea

That a little bit reason that I choose to be an Indonesian and not Korean. Once again, it might be different for a different people, but if you ask me to lives in Korea for a long time, then I have to refuse it. It's not obly a bad things, there're a lot of good things in Korea. You can exp it your self. Thanks for reading this. I don't mind if you gives me nuffies, lot of nuffies

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Do i get to eat dogs though? :blobfearful:

3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    You want to eat dog?

prongsjiisan likes this.
  4. _eamkie

_eamkie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the f is wrong with you

akki and anon like this.
  5. Flores520

Flores520 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe thats more of a trend of the older generation of Koreans. The younger will not usually partake on that.

elengee likes this.
  6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No wonder they say it's a dog eat dog world...:blobsad:

7. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    elengee and I Eat Monsanto like this.
  8. Flores520

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I doubted he posted the question with the purest of intentions, dont get angry. I mean, cmon, some of them do, is not like its shameful. Its a cultural thing.

LiF3tim3 and Igneus like this.
  9. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot to include it is near north korea.

Wujigege, Igneus, anon and 1 other person like this.
  10. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    wait... what? Thats not how that works.

I'm starting to think your entire culture is just racist. First of all, if you're of mixed descent then you're mixed. You don't choose one of your racial heritages and stick with it and discard the other(s), that's not how it works. If you have to choose between being Indonesian and Korean and your wife gets alienated for being half Russian then your culture is fuckin racist.

Saitama.sensei and Igneus like this.
  11. Mr Pancakes

Mr Pancakes Well-Known Pancake

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you explain your age to me?

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  12. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    1. When you Master the Art of Sleep.
    2. When you Master the Art of Loner
    3. When you Master the Art of Calm

But really, seem like the problems you lists here not much of a problem for me really. Cause of my works, I have learned to be able to sleep whenever I want, kind of like Nobita from Doraemon. And also because of my works, I'm forced to both work in a team and by myself, so usually I'm like being alone, rather than in a group of people. And again, also because of my works, when I'm forced to be in a group, when it's tend to be Really Annoying, I have learned to stay calm for myself, though not at the level of Any situation yet. And being in a car without being car sick with just 70-80km/h isn't much, try for a motorbike with that same speed, you will understand how "bystander" feels like when riding with a "racer".

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  13. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no no he actually has a point. I have a plethora of different races in me but I look like and identify as white. Its not racist its just what it is.

14. Flores520

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I am pretty sure you do. Racial Heritage is different since that is genetics, but when it comes culturally and nationalistic race, you choose it since it is defined by your life style and beliefs.

15. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    South Korea or Best Korea?

16. Demonic Poring

Reading List:
    Link
    That how it works in Indonesia. You can't have more than 1 nationalities
    29th Feb. Once in 4 years birthday

kenar and Mr Pancakes like this.
  17. Mr Pancakes

Mr Pancakes Well-Known Pancake

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, ok.

18. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, you have a plethora of races in you, thats completely fucking different from having an Indonesian parent and a Korean parent and saying fuck my Korean heritage I'm Indonesian.

19. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Race and culture are destinctly different. If I'm half Irish and half German it doesn't matter if I celebrate Irish culture but not German, or vice-versa, or neither, the fact remains that I'd be half Irish and half German. To say "Yea I chose to just be Irish" Is fucked up and thats not how the fuck it works.

20. Demonic Poring

Reading List:
    Link
    different countries different rules. In Indonesia you can't have more than 1 nationalities. So you have to choose one