Discussion For transformers and gundam fans

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Deleted member 369806, Sep 1, 2021.

?

Transfomers vs Gundams, who wins?

1. Transfomers

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Gundams

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Depends on which versions are in play

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Other, please specify in a comment

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, there, welcome to another thread by me XD

I was watching some stuff and this thought came to mind, wouldn't a fight between a gundam and a transfomer be awesome?

And to make things simpler to imagine, I took the example of Optimus Prime (Ginrai) from transformers super god masterforce vs Gundam zero from Gundam wing, meaning, these two XD

If you don't know those two then give me an approximation, who do you think will win in an imaginary duel XD

Anra7777 likes this.
  2. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is why you were asking. To be honest, if it’s Turn A gundam, than gundam would probably win. Other than that, the transformers are just too durable. Maybe optimus is an exception, but gundams cannot survive black holes.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  3. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gundam. Transformers are majority landbound with only a few exceptions. An orbital colony drop would settle a lot of them. Not to mention the Gundam universe seems to work on a principle of "the more OPed the better", hence their weapons verge on the ridiculous while Transformer weapons are purely low level functional, for example, some of the weapons from Transformers, despite looking like "lazers" are actually acid firers from their technical stats.

The only real advantage a Transformer has is that it is not "piloted", which means that it would have better reactions than a piloted vehicle. OTOH some of the equipment in the Gundam universe is piloted by mind, though that is uncommon, so that would negate the advantage as well.

Wing0 and Deleted member 369806 like this.
  4. Truciderete

Truciderete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My answer is it depends on versions and what type of fight its going to be.

I will say this though Transformers would most likely win and the main reason for it is the Human element. Transformers are living thinking robots and Gundams mobile suits that are controlled by human pilots.

Don't get me wrong though, depending on which version and how the battle is handle any number of factors could give either Transformers and/or Gundam an advantage so my answer is depends on which versions and battle format.

5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I sort of disagree though. The weapons in Transformers are very low level, to the point where it's like they took civilian equipment and repurposed it into a weapon (which makes sense if you remember that the Cylon Civil War was about civilians caught up in a wider rebellion). Compared to the Gundam universe where they use things like charged particle cannons developed purely to kill things like battleships, I really can't see how spraying a Gundam with acid for example, will cause it to die.

6. Scyphoza

Scyphoza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Macross. Specifically Macross Frontier and Macross 7 in that order. Then Gundam with transformers in last place.
    [​IMG]

Edit on second though Macross 7 might have the best robots considering they are giant transforming plane mechas controlled by guitar that transform Japanese 80s rock into lasers. So im not sure any other series robots can fight that kind of fever dream.

7. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool, now if only there is an analysis for my example XD

9. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t see wing zero being stronger than a black hole...
    As long as optimus can evade the twin buster riffle, he should be fine.

10. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    My example include Optimus Prime from the japanese continuity where Optimus is treated as a mecha for most of the season excluding the end, so in my case, both the skills of the pilots and the "mechas" should be taken into consideration
    I think, this video can explain things better XD

11. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Souka