Discussion Genius Protagonist

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Efu-sama, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Efu-sama

Efu-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's wrong with the genius protagonist tag in NU?? Almost every novel I see except for the blatantly dumb protagonist, has the tag. Even a female MC who can only do petty house fights has the tag. Even a male MC who can only fight against cannon fodder with an IQ in the range of 50 and has to be equipped with the author's blessing and golden finger, has the genius tag.
    Where are the real genius protagonists??
    Can anyone really give me one?

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Celebrating extraordinary mediocrity is nothing if not inspired. :blobpeek:

Lord Xue Ying's protagonist is a genius, at least as far as the common usage of the term is concerned.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    kennykdogg, Efu-sama and Mr gentleman like this.
  3. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Trash of counts family.
    Reverend insanity.
    Lord of the mystery.

... seeing the author it doesn't feel like he can write about some genius protagonistno offense2his fans

Efu-sama likes this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Regis from Altina The Sword Princess is genius albeit with low self esteem~ the way how he put what he read into practice is genius feat consider the world situation~

living on debt country so let sell it off MC is genius on such age leading country which try maintain balance between two super power side is political, governing genius~ the story is boring for this cat tho~

Chen Chang Shen from Ze Tian Ji is book genius, remember the whole scroll put it multiple technique into lil princess head, solve the half beast cultivation problem, etc well the book genius plus lil politic drama~

Mia Luna Tearmoon from Tearmoon Empire is not genius, just a lucky fella but it funny to read the misunderstand but we not talking about that~

Efu-sama likes this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Genius doesn't necessarily mean intelligent. :sweating_profusely:
    It can also refer to natural aptitude for something, like, say, cultivation. :blobReach:

And honestly, if we are going to be really strict with the definition, I don't believe there are any authors or novels here that can be seen as visionary. What we have here are mostly modern renditions of ripping yarns and penny dreadfuls with not even the best escaping these categorisations. :blobtriumph:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    Fluffums, Efu-sama and Mr gentleman like this.
  6. 1Sami

1Sami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely agree with @otaku31, but I do understand where you're coming from. The types of genius' I want to read about when I search under that tag definitely isn't what I get most of the time.
    I recommend trying My House of Horrors, The Man who was Buried Alive by me, The Earth is Online, The Lazy Swordmaster, 100,000 Hour Professional Stand-in, and Black Butterfly.
    While some of the MCs in these may not be exactly geniuses, the author definitely is with the plots they've made! I hope you like them~

krispykakes44, Efu-sama and otaku31 like this.
  7. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobdead::blobdead::blobdead: yeah... forgot that there can entirely dumb heaven shattering cultivation genius protagonist and definition of genius.

otaku31 likes this.