Gensokyo Everlasting - Monster Reports

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by lychee, Dec 10, 2018.

1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5,4

2. justabot

justabot NUF's Cutest Bot Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

Min: 1
    Max: 5
    Number of Dice: 4

@A5G_Reaper, you rolled: 5, 4, 5, 1

3. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    MONSTER REPORT FORM:
    Character Name
    : Rayleigh
    Character Level: 2 (9)
    Enemies Defeated: 2
    Report: There's a certain uniqueness to the man's decision. Or sheer stupidity if one's not mincing their phrasing.

He walked out of a dark forest, see an obvious ropeway leading up the mountain, but then decided to ignore it and walk straight ahead.

It's not really surprising, therefore, for a pair of Tengu patrol to try turn him away.

2rnCsVB.png
    "It's alright, I won't take long."

"No, please turn away. That direction."

2rnCsVB.png
    "I'll have to politely decline."

The two Tengu looked at each other, draw their blade, and flanked the gourd.

2rnCsVB.png
    "It's a brawl then!"

Not waiting for the pincer attack, he charged at one of the patrol with matching speed. Their first clash of weapon sent the White Wolf Tengu reeling back, shocked with how a human matched their physical prowess. The man didn't press his attack and instead half-turned, parrying a blow from the other Tengu and kicked her a worrying distance away. To her credit, she rolled and softened the fall but was clutching her abdomen as she rise. Definitely not a normal human.

The two Tengu paced their attack, well-timed as they would strike the man simultaneously. Would, if only he follow the law of physics.

2rnCsVB.png
    "Vertigo! Hardlight!"

A rune lit up and he just... fall. Into the sky. He flipped onto a translucent platform, hopping "up" followed by the cancellation of the first branding. A gourd-tipped missile rocketed down onto the uni jured Tengu and like a sensible person, he flitted out of the pathway.

2rnCsVB.png
    "Dart!"

Then, with a puff of magical smoke, he abruptly changed direction and rammed the Tengu shield-first.

He knocked into the patrol warrior with a bonebreaking crunch and sent his opponent's sword flying out of grasp. The man rolled a bit too far for his liking, but spring back immediately with blade raised high.

"No!"

A mournful shout preluded a sword spinning his way with high speed. The man abandoned his charge and deflected the unusual projectile, but the slight delay cost him his quarry. The other Tengu snatched up her downed friend and made a break for it, sprinting up the mountain with commendable speed.

2rnCsVB.png
    "Should I follow or... naaah, don't feel like running. See you two later perhaps!"

4. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5

5. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

@A5G_Reaper, you rolled a 5

6. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5

7. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

@A5G_Reaper, you rolled a 2

8. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    MONSTER REPORT FORM:
    Character Name
    : Shami
    Character Level: Level 1 (Total EXP: 2)
    Enemies Defeated: 1 enemy
    Report:

Chapter 1: XXXX isn't available right now, please your message after the tone~
    Listening Music: 【東方Chillout】 If Your Eyes Are Jade Colour 「Echoes Construction」

Ehhh~ getting asked to work is troublesome.

I got another request to go exterminate youkai, but I don't wanna! What kind of weirdo actually likes this kind of stuff? It's messy and bloody and dangerous! I don't do dangerous stuff because I have zerooo interest in dying!

Can I say it's a religious exemption???

My sensei was buddhist and all kumbaya love and peace, so obviously I can claim a religious exemption right, desho desho~?

Ahhhh, getting requests from the human village is troublesome. The only time they send somebody to look for me is when want me to do work! Isn't that like way too cheap of a relationship? At the very least they should send Christmas and New Year's greeting cards, but the last time I got one of those was five years ago! Hmfph!

+ + +​

Ah, oh me? I'm Shami. Nice to meet you.

I live in the Forest of Magic.

I don't really have a house or anything because well... I kind of just walk into any old shack and just stay there for the night, kind of like this one right here. No one lives here right now, so I don't think anyone would get angry by me squatting around.

Oh, and youkai?

How am I not scared all the time?

This one is an easy one. Despite how I look (I'm a dude btw!), I'm actually pretty strong. I can make pretty good barriers and talismans and stuff like that. It's not exactly shinto or buddhist or taoist or any of the above, even though I first started learning from a buddhist priestess. I think the best way to describe my style is that it's a mixture of a lot of the above plus a little sprinkle of regular magic.

When it comes to making barriers to protect myself when I sleep, I sorta believe in being sneaky.

Like the old-fashioned shinto way was to make a humungous enormous mega-barrier the size of a mountain, but honestly I think that just attracts youkai. If you throw up a gigantic big red button in the middle of a youkai forest, of course there's going to be tons of strong youkai who come and want to push the big red button, right? When youkai see a big stick, they really like to take out their own stick and start whacking a powerful barrier until they can figure out whose stick is bigger. Super crude and barbaric, right?

So personally, I think it's a lot better to set up a barrier that makes you impossible to been noticed or sensed by malignant youkai. And I have lots and lots and lots of different kinds of barriers and talismans.

It makes my life a lot more peaceful.

Not all youkai are bad, either. I've been around enough to know that there are actually a bunch of really friendly youkai, so I really believe that humans and youkai have the potential co-exist after you deal with the handful of rotten apples. Maybe it's a frivolous dream, but the forest out here can get quite beautiful, lively, and colorful.

The human village seems so much more dull, stifling, and boring in comparison.

Which is why I like to live out here, by the way.

+ + +​

I gently whack a misbehaving youkai on the head with a broomstick.

This one is a Fairy of Pranks. Normally, it's harmless, but occasionally the jokes go too far and begin to trouble people.

Since it lives in my neighborhood, obviously I keep an eye out for things. The balance of Gensokyo is very important. I don't exorcise youkai (and I hate getting exorcism requests from the village!), but I do try to talk with them and resolve our differences. An occasional whack and thump isn't out of the question, either.

This one, I've taken down with a handful of talismans.

I kneel down onto my knees so I'm at the same level as the fairy.

"Heyyo. Don't you think that last prank was a little too much?" I gently say.

"Wuuuuu~ That hurt~" The fairy whines as it clutches its head.

"You wouldn't happen to be the Fairy of Misfortune, right?"

"Eh~? No wai! That's way too gloomy!"

"The last child you led astray fell down a cliff and almost died."

"Ooof!"

"Think a little more carefully next time, ne~?"

I stand up that point and brush the leaves off my skirt (btw I'm a guy!).

"Because I know that deep down, you like to make people laugh, right?"

I smile warmly as I turn around walk away, sunlight glittering around me.

"I think you're much more fun to be around when you give people a reason to smile."

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  9. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5

10. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

@yuzuki, you rolled a 2

11. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    20171101_195518.jpg

MONSTER REPORT FORM:
    Character Name
    Character Level: 2 (10)
    Report:

"Ah? A nostalgic stench."

Back to the walking gourd, nonchalantly eating bread on his way to wherever, catching the faint reek of blood like some trained hound. And considering that he may have turned into pumpkin inside out, he decided that it's totally his business to check it out for something to stab.

Not much to be said about the hidden shack along the valley fold, or the whimpering girl inside trying to be small as she could. She smells wounded.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "Yo."

The gourd received no reply in return. He walked next to the girl and poked her sides, eliciting more painful whimper.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "Your blood smells different."

Totally the right thing to say.

"Please don't kill me..."

He took a good, long look at the strangely oxen girl. Then toward his blade. And back to the girl.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "Nah, you don't look fun to kill. Besides, at this rate you'll off yourself in a few days."

Simply with that, he plopped down next to her. Just sitting in silence.

"I, I hope it won't come to that. Waku will bring me food soon, then I'll be better."

The gourd slowly swiveled her direction. The basket he's carrying still have more bread than a man can possibly eat in one go.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "Bread?"

"No! I mean, I'm a Baku. I eat dreams, nightmares especially."

They both looked at each other like the other just grew a third head. Which was quite amazing considering that the carved gourd was completely unmoving.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "You're kidding me."

"I'm not!"

20171101_195518.jpg
    "...juuuust a moment."

He left the shack and hopped into air, materializing a platform to step on as he went further and higher away. Toward the lake nearby, because surely people would want a village near a source of water?

He guessed correctly from the gleaming torches in the distance. Stalking closer, the man found a young couple flirting near the lake. That should do, right? She didn't say anything about gender or age.

He shot down, grabbed them by the back of their neck, and dragged them screaming through the sky.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "Yohoo! Got something for you."

"That was quick!"

It wasn't an hour since his sudden departure, so that's surprising. The humans looked like villagers, and the distance to there was... considerable. Especially with a lake inbetween. The two were unconscious from fright though, so no dream. Yet.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "Just hide somewhere, I'll give them nightmares soon as they wake up."

"How does that even work..? But, thanks mister!"

The Baku girl hidden, he acquire some random roots and vines from outside and tied up the captives. Then he set up a crimson candle at the center of the room and sat down on the other side, letting the blood infused into the wax to spread the stench.

The two unfortunate humans woke up soon enough, scream muffled by the gag at the sight of a barely visible ghastly gourd grinning at them. While sharpening a large knife. He looked up and put down the whetstone, walked toward the captives, and grabbed a random one to drag outside.

They didn't really notice the sleeping powder sprinkled near their face during the process.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "That should do. Ah, try me while you're at it."

He returned to his original sitting position and with barely any fanfare, dozed off into a dreamless sleep.

...for about an hour anyway.

A crumbling temple. Water flowing upward. Monstrous Keepers. Dead Gods. Despair. Betrayal. Blood. Death. His blade through her heart-

The man rose up gasping for air, trying to grasp the memories as it slipped out of his mind. Like grabbing a handful of water, only the terrible feeling remained. He looked around to see the still sleeping captive, and a pale-faced youkai girl staring him as if he's some kind of monster.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "Phew! That was unpleasant. Did you get anything?"

"...no, just some fragment. I got headache trying to piece it together. But I'm all healed! Just what are you?"

20171101_195518.jpg
    "Just a man trying to find a way home... I guess? I don't really remember it myself, you see."

He stretched and yawned, seeing sunlight from the cracks. The captive seemed to still have nightmares. Oh well, they'll have to deal with that themselves.

20171101_195518.jpg
    "I'm leaving then. Maybe I'll come see you when I'm around, haven't had a pleasant hour of sleep for..." his word stumbled. How long was he buried? "...many years. Alright, see you around!"

"Ah! Wait! I'm Raimei, mister. What's your name?"

20171101_195518.jpg
    "Me? Just call me Rayleigh."

"Raireii? Outsider?"

20171101_195518.jpg
    "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Blitz and yuzuki like this.
  12. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5,4

13. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

Number of Dice: 4

@A5G_Reaper, you rolled: 4, 4, 5, 1

14. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    MONSTER REPORT FORM:
    Character Name
    Character Level: 2 (11)
    Report:
    "...it's a boat."

Keen observation by the gourd. There's a big boat anchored neat the lakeside, looking half metal and half wood. Certainly an odd occurence, with the lack of any shipyard in sight. He should know, he airwalked around last night.

"Ah! Don't come any closer!"

20170926_082058.jpg
    "Huh? Is that... a kid?"

He squinted, on the boat was a little girl wearing blue outfit and a green hat. She should be standing on something to even look out, and there's a cylindrical thing that amplified her voice over the distance.

"We're tasked to watch over the transmorphing boat! Do not come closer or I'll open fire!" Tried as she may to be menacing, she only give off a slightly amusing vibe. The man chuckled at the threat.

20170926_082058.jpg
    "Girl, I can get over there before you hit me with a single shot."

"It's a hostile! Sister, fire at will!"

A tube at the deck swiveled his way. Seems that there's at least another one behind it. And from there it spout... water?

20170926_082058.jpg
    "...that's cheating yo."

High-pressure waterspout could definitely knock people back. Not a bad choice of weaponry to avoid big injuries, but then the man take it personally to prove his own word. Not getting hit by a single drop of water?

20170926_082058.jpg
    "Ah well! Bring it on!"

He abruptly shot off to the sky, dodging the first blast. But the tube could be swiveled and the water pump endless, so it simply readjust and try to spray him down while he keep changing direction midair to avoid it. A huge waste of magical brand, but who cares? Not the gourd.

20170926_082058.jpg
    "Crap! Redshift!"

The moment he came halfway about a dozen smaller watergun sprout from the side of the boat. Out of choice, he spent a big chunk of his daily magic onto something completely ridiculous.

A massive, transparent red wall materialized in front of the boat, blocking the barrage of the waterguns. But he charged through the wall like it's not even there, darting one more time out of the main cannon before landing atop of it. Completely dry!

20170926_082058.jpg
    "My win!"

There were... two little girls in matching outfit, watching slack-jawed at the mysterious gourd. Then they exchanged glance and simultaneously came into the same decision.

""Abandon ship!""

20170926_082058.jpg
    "Eh? Wai-"

They jumped off into the lake and with a splash, completely disappears. He waited for about fifteen minutes but no little body floats, so the kids peobably have some way of surviving down there? Not unlikely, they did built the rather awesome boat after all.

20170926_082058.jpg
    "...weird kids. Ah well, forward we go! I recall there's something that looks like a mansion on the other side."

15. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5,2

16. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

Number of Dice: 2

@A5G_Reaper, you rolled: 5, 2

17. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    MONSTER REPORT FORM:
    Character Name
    Character Level: 2 (13)
    Report:
    The man in gourd stopped amidst his journey, his head swiveling eastward to see something far out of normal sight.

2rnCsVB.png
    "Ah? Someone's snooping around near my Sanctuary."

He took out a warhorn tied on his belt, taking a deep breath before blowing at full power. As the sound echoed a doorway materialized in front of him. It swung open as he entered, before shutting by itself and disappeared.

The man was nowhere to be seen.

Back to the Kourindou, a pair of mice youkai argued between themselves at the sudden change of the particular building.

It used to be a nice ruin that nobody bother to check after the first few decades, yet it suddenly transformed into a small fort of literal blackness that, instead of blending into the night, looked highly conspicuous by the jarring emptiness it represented. These two lurked for a whole day and saw no sign of life and now torn between waiting longer and investigating now.

They stepped closer and was about to poke on the front door when they heard some doorway creaking behind them. Which should be bushy forest entrance lacking any kind of doorway. Thus, like rigid machinery, the two slowly turned around to see a carved gourd grinning at them under the moonlight.

20170822_194430.png
    "Why, some little mice found their way to my home I see."

2rnCsVB.png

"...when black clouds will blot out the sun, mankind will endlessly slaughter one another until the sea runs red with blood..."

Was it a good idea to convert random mice into the Order? Does they even get the idea, liked listening to the storylike preaching, or perhaps only care about the free bread? Well, only time will tell. And if someone out there in the far future ran into mice sacrificing humans and flinging blood magic around, we all know who to blame.

yuzuki likes this.
  18. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5,2

19. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

@A5G_Reaper, you rolled: 2, 1

20. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    MONSTER REPORT FORM:
    Character Name
    Character Level: 2 (14)
    Report:
    2rnCsVB.png
    "...you see, I'm not that good with magic myself so I'm augumenting some supportive spells into branded runes right here."

Who's talking? It's a gourd. Who's he talking to? A pair of mice youkai, full of curious interest as they followed the storytelling man. There were lots of amazees "ooh" during the way, mainly when the man showed off the applications of his brand.

2rnCsVB.png
    "Ah, watch this! Shadowflip!"

He leapt onto a tree and latched to its side without holding onto anything. Then, as the tree moved to swat him off, he stabbed it through and hopped down with the blade in hand, dragging a vertical gash that neatly split the whole thing apart.

His tiny audience clapped at the display of deforestation, chanting "Magic! Magic!" While doing so. "Shoot something!" One of them said really nicely. That put the man into a slightly difficult decision, but the desire to showoff eventually wins out.

2rnCsVB.png
    "Alright, but I'm not that good with magic so it's not really usable in actual combat. Don't interrupt, watch."

With a face full of concentration - as much as a carved gourd allowed - he focused on the left hand, the brand glowed brightly at first but rapidly dimmed. Several crimson-black tendrils materialized and rapidly orbit his fingers, slowly growing larger as they did. Then after about fifteen seconds, he pointed his hand forward and the tendrils shot out.

2rnCsVB.png
    "Dark Coil!"

The tendrils snaked out, then repeatedly gouged and impaled another man-eating tree in the distance. It dissipated soon after, not even killing the thing, but it looked quite awesome in the process. Even though going at it and stabbing the thing until it stopped being alive would be more efficient.

2rnCsVB.png
    "That's all from me! A real mage would've filled the sky with those within seconds, what a pity." He sounds melancholic for a moment. "A real pity."

21. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5,2

22. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

@A5G_Reaper, you rolled: 5, 3

23. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    2991_9296370ae7ac65a377f93c1ee9ec0ef4.png

MONSTER REPORT FORM
    :

Character Name
    Character Level: 2 (15)
    Report:
    A man was speeding away through the magic forest. He's fleeing from some great enemies, namely a pair of little mice youkai. Them and their endless questions. So he left a few books and made himself scarce, because he had few way to deal with people he don't want to kill and by now he's exhausted them all several times over.

The forest didn't pose him much obstacles. There were predatory plants at times, but nothing a few swings couldn't fix. He shred through some, avoided few others, all completely based on his whim. Sometimes stopping to sample some colorful and glowing mushrooms. Most of them poisonous.

At some point, something tugged his whole being toward one direction. So he made a slight adjustment and continued forward. Eventually he reached a ruined house, once amidst a small clearing that was still visible from how the younger trees and bushes encroached it. Still, it would be pretty difficult to spot normally.

Because it's burnt at some point, and massive scar adorned it midway as if a giant blade sliced it and a wide swath of the forest along the way. If he examined closely, several more slashes criscrossed the ground alongside gouges and craters vaporized by some sort of great impact.

"...huh. What happened here?"

24. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5,2

25. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

@A5G_Reaper, you rolled: 4, 1

26. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    MONSTER REPORT FORM:
    Character Name
    Character Level: 2 (16)
    Report:
    "This place is a dump."

The man was inside the house, which was teeming with all manner of mushrooms. However scattered below those were remnants of partially melted metal and glass and lots of unidentified material piled into small mountain at places, half-charred furniture, and growing from them and from cracks on the floor was all variant of mushrooms from big to small. It's almost as if the place stored a lot of those when it's wrecked.

Several unshaped spirits floated around the ruins of the shelves, some tried to attack the man with elemental shards but they dispersed after a blast of flash powder disintegrated the nearest few.

He sifted through the ruins several times. They were bookshelves at some point, but most were burned and rotten over time. Only some of the tougher covers remained.

The biggest gains (for him) were the mushrooms. All were toxic in some manner, but several in particular were strong enough hallucinogenic for recreational drugs. And a couple could probably cross with the white aziema. Who knows what it'll make, but that's a fun side project if nothing else.

"I guess that's all from here. Where should I go next..?"

A thought of hyperactive mice ran through his head. He shuddered.

"Definitely not home, not yet. Yep. Explore a bit more."

27. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5,2

28. justabot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

@A5G_Reaper, you rolled: 3, 5

29. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    MONSTER REPORT FORM:
    Character Name
    Character Level: 2 (17)
    Report:
    Inside the forest, the gourdhead flew backward and broke a tree upon impact. He came upon a strange mushroom a foot tall that walked around and immediately flee upon spotting him. It looked adorable so he followed it to a much bigger walking shroom the size of an ogre. It shouldn't be that dangerous, right? Look how it adorably waddled closer! It's just mushroom anyway-

"Yeooooowch!"

...and that's how a gourd was punched flying by an oversized mushroom. He blocked with his shield but the surprisingly heavy blow took him off his feet and propelled him across the forest, breaking a tree upon impact. That pissed him off more than anything else, of all thing how could a freaking mushroom-man hit so heavy?!

And thus, he stabbed them both and brought them back to his Sanctuary. Another topic to cover: how to raise mushroom, how to differentiate between safely poisonous and lethally poisonous, and how to cook delicious roasted mushroom.

Imagine his surprise when a whole herd of mice youkai was awaiting his return. Seems that the two brought more friends as he's gone. Now there were twelve of them.

2rnCsVB.png
    ".....fuck."

30. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    !roll 1,5,2