Gensokyo Everlasting - Registration

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by lychee, Dec 10, 2018.

1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's literally written at the first post. That's the setting.

2. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mean this but whatever.

3. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly I agree with both of you!

Honestly this role play isn’t that PvP focused (which isn’t that developed right now anyways), though it has a system in place to help move plot, motivate “leveling up”, and restrict power creep.

@AliceShiki brought up a lot of similar things when she was reviewing the idea thread.

The lore of this Gensokyo is heavily influenced by the Osana Reimu fanverse spin. Namely, before Hakurei Reimu came around, all of the former Hakurei shrine maidens did proper exterminations (read: kill) of Youkai, and likewise Youkai did bad things to humans. This made Gensokyo a relatively sad place by some regards. However, Reimu invented the Spell Card system because she didn’t like to exorcise youkai, which allowed a friendlier/happier way of resolving incidents.

In this game, I’ve proposed that a majority of characters that you know and love from Touhou are “good” youkai — they’re willing to work with humans and play the game.

However, I’ve suggested that hundreds to thousands of years after Reimu’s death and the departure of the Good Youkai who propped Gensokyo up (#plot), the land has more-or-less returned to its original state. While Spell Cards still exist, they aren’t always used in a fair way and are seen more as a method for weaker characters to gain lots of power easily.

There are still people who believe in the old Gensokyo ways and others who view things differently.

This game isn’t strictly realistic. Rather, it’s very free-form and reflects the style of the people writing it. If you write with a dark atmosphere, it will have a dark atmosphere. If you write with a happy atmosphere, it will have a happy atmosphere!

All of that is very much welcome.

But no power creep! That’s the only thing I want to avoid. XD The only real requirement for characters is that they need to be able to fight evenly with almost any of the other player characters in the game. Whatever the reason for that is fine so long as you can justify why your character is taking damage or not able to 1-hit ko someone that annoys them.

Ddraig, A5G_Reaper, Blitz and 2 others like this.
  4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm I am gonna probably join the rp around 28th 29 th dec.... someone remind me to do so

yuzuki likes this.
  5. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Saguri
    Faction: Good
    Race: Tengu
    Skill:At last I will stand(buff her abilities in a cornered situation, in a pvp it mean just she will use her strongest spellcard toward the end of battle).
    A large variety of disposable kappa gadgets.
    Appearance: [​IMG]
    Just ignore that the Aya on the top left corner.
    History: The tengu village had isolation policy, but Saguri was born with spirit of adventurer. She desire to go out and explorer the world. Whatever is well know or unknown, she desire to personally see it.

The first time she manage to sneak out she was still an immature young tengu. Soon enough she was already cornered by malicious but weak youkais. Pushing her limit, she managed to escape. She was a smart girl that understand her own mistakes. She was still too weak for the outside. She needed to train and prepare to face any danger.

But before she could finished her training, the conflict affected the tengu village. The news of outside became a battlefield spread like wildfire within the tengu village. They don't hold any desire on sheltering humans but they less desire from other youkais to messing their territory. Together with their only allies, the kappas, they decided to side with the good youkai in order to protect their territory.

Saguri understood that her adventures need wait a bit more and she need to prepare to help stop this conflicting.

lychee likes this.
  6. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    I was a bit conflicted to who is dead and who is alive from the original game so it's easier for me to see which position they are mostlikely going to take. It hard for me to assume Suwako and Kanako as dead as they are both god.

A5G_Reaper and lychee like this.
  7. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Dead, deep slumber, super long vacation, isekai'd, who knows. Just so long as they're not here and will not be for a long time.

8. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    The questions is who live in various place now. Hakurei shrine and Myouren temple are easy to guess but Moriya shrine have actually active Gods toward Gensokyo.

9. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    The next generation of servants/worshoppers?

10. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm mean the gods, not the worshippers. Hakurei shrine do have a god but he/she is mostly irrelevant to most pf things happen to gensokyo as he/she doesn't care too much about faith. If Reimu die, doesn't matter much.
    Moriya shrine's gods actively try to affect Gensokyo to gain faith,I can see them sheltering the humans to gain extra faiths. It would a extra reason for the kappa to side with good youkai as their technologies was made with the help of Kanako.

Tl;dr Politics.

11. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Believed to be in deep slumber so the servant try to gather worshippers to revive them perhaps?

12. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    This is... a good solution.

13. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds unfinished yanno.

14. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀