Japanese Grancrest Senki (グランクレスト戦記 )

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by darkdhaos, Jan 11, 2017.

1. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    And just when I wanted to read the LN cause the anime was incomptent at exposition.

2. Faylord

Faylord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. aatival

aatival Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where i can read english translation?

4. Izanagi_Mikoto

Izanagi_Mikoto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw the latest anime episode with Margaret's 25th birthday. Does she return in the novels? I've been really interested in the relationship between her and Villar.

5. Marca

Marca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there really no one interested in translating this? It's such a great novel. :( T.T

6. Urthemiel

Urthemiel New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man i really hope someone translates this

7. NieLu

NieLu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will read it. Need the translator.
    Go go go Translator.

8. jolly-crow

jolly-crow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder, is there a particular reason this LN doesn't have a page in NU?

9. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    yes. the novel was never translated to english.

except for the older novels (that was added during early days of NU), all 'newer' novels needs at least 1 chapter translated to have a page on NU.

note : 'newer' not in context of original published date.

jolly-crow likes this.
  10. jolly-crow

jolly-crow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good to know. I had thought this was the reason, but then I searched and there were a lot of novel with 0 releases. Thanks for the answer.

runsing likes this.
  11. swagster1001

swagster1001 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BUMP anime super interesting, please someone translate this!

12. swagster1001

swagster1001 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. swagster1001

swagster1001 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. swagster1001

swagster1001 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    As a side note, this was written by the same guy who wrote Record of Lodoss War.

16. mafuyu

mafuyu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not picking this up, but I like this anime, so I hope people don't mind if I pop a few lines here and there on the forums as a teaser until a real translator picks this up.

(Also, it works to bump this thread so shhh~)

note: rough translation from the Taiwan version, so no guarantees on accuracy. Also, I don't have very much time so there will only be a few lines a day

Volume 1: The Rainbow Mage Siluca
    Volume 1: Prologue

Dignified and stately music reverberated imposingly.

This was a magnificent ceremonial hall.

There was a slightly raised platform in the front, which included the necessary flight of steps to ascend it. Between the fully opened wide main entrance to the stairs, a long red carpet was laid.

In the center of the back of the platform, there was a pedestal, which was inlaid with a transparent sphere; the inside of the sphere flowed with a swirl of light and darkness, constantly shifting the others appearance.

The scene that displayed inside the sphere seemed to reflect the "distortion" in this world.

The name of this device was called Chaos Apparatus.

After the order disappeared from the world, it was the symbol for peace that persisted even into the era of chaos today.

Two men wearing magnificent attire stood in front of the Chaos Apparatus.

One of them was the archduke of the Fantasia Union, Silvestre Deux. The other was the archduke of the Factory Alliance, Matthias Kreische.

"To even meet you outside of the battlefield, it truly is hard to imagine."

Archduke Deux assumed an air of wonder has he struck up a conversation with Archduke Kreische.

"We live in the era of chaos after all, so it isn't surprising that anything can happen... but I never expected that it would turn out like this..."

Archduke Kreische nodded.

The Union and the Alliance where the two major powers that divided this continent. Until not very long ago, the rumors that the two largest powers were on the brink of clashing in a war over control of the continent had raised a tremendous clamor.

However, the tense situation had abruptly swerved, and in the end it resulted in this scene.

At that moment, the performed music switched to a celebratory piece, just as a bell tolled at the exact same moment.

This bell toll did not only ring in the Magician's City where this enormous ceremonial hall was located. It definitely reverberated across every corner of the entire continent.

This was a blessing for a newly wed young couple, and hope for peace on the continent...

A man and a woman wearing white ceremonial attire stepped shoulder to shoulder in from the entryway of the large hall.

This instantly drew enthusiastic applause from the guests.

Among the bride and groom who appeared, the groom was the eldest son of Silvestre's first wife, Alexis Deux. The bride was Matthias's eldest daughter, Marrine Kreische. Underneath the gaze of their respective fathers, they were about to walk to the Chaos Apparatus to read aloud their marriage oaths.

The families of each side had already reached a mutual understanding. If they were able to produce a heir, then the Crests of the two archdukes' families would be joined.

After gathering the Crests of their respective houses, it was sufficient to possess the Grand Crest.

A long long time ago, a person invented the Crest system, hoping that one day it would give birth to the first emperor.

However the struggle for Crests among the lords that had been happening for so long was finally about to come to a rest, and the continent was on the eve of unificition.

Everyone looked forward with anticipation to the unification of the continent, when an era of order could be established. This was because the legends said that when the Emperor's Grand Crest is resurrected, the Chaos would completely disappear. The order that had once disappeared from the world would then fully return.

Although she was witnessing this historic moment, Siluca Meletes, a student of the "Blue Summoner's Department" at the Elam Magic College (TL: エーラム), did not feel the slightest bit moved.

She was wearing a brand-new uniform of the Magic College, and her blond hair that she normally only combed to the side with her hands was presently meticulously coiled up. She was even wearing some light makeup.

The department's graduation examination was soon, and frankly speaking she didn't want to be present for a such a tedious ceremony. All she wanted was to stay in the research study to practice her summoning magic. However, Headmaster Cyprus wanted her to attend as a representative of the students to express their congratulations.

Even if it was just to give a short speech of barely a few minutes, she needed to waste nearly half a day here.

Siluca resisted a yawn, and prayed to herself that this ceremony would end sooner. Meanwhile she lethargically clapped as the bride and groom pass by her.

Just at that moment--

A chill in the air flew through Siluca's entire body.

"That feeling" could not be more familiar to Siluca. However, she had never felt a "feeling" as strong as this before.

The Chaos was beginning to expand here, and some kind of phenomenon was about to materialize.

In the overwhelming majority of situations, this indicated that a disaster was about to descend.

(But where is it?)

Siluca swept her eyes across the ceremonial hall.

The "Core" that allowed the Chaos to converge must be somewhere. Besides from using her eyes, Siluca also concentrated her mind and used her other senses to search. In order to confirm the distortion point of the Chaos, one had to employ the entire mental capacity of the body.

Thus, she was able to detect the presence of "That" one step earlier than everyone else present.

"No way..."

She could not help but quietly gasp.

The manifestation site of the Chaos Core was in mid-air right next to the Chaos Apparatus.

The black sphere was like a tangible shadow, and it expanded circularly like a smudge of paint. Immediately in front of the the sphere, the two viscounts were waiting for the bride and groom to ascend the stairs. Just then, Siluca noticed that the the sealed light and darkness inside Chaos Apparatus behind the two viscounts was swirling immensely, and violent to an extreme never seen before.

"How big is that Chaos even..."

Such an enormous amount of Chaos was about to converge? Siluca suddenly felt afraid, and she lifted the hem of her skirt to pull out the magic wand that she had concealed.

Then she leaped in a hurry to the front of the red carpet and extended her arms wide, blocking the path of the bride and the groom.

"Please forgive my rudeness, but please do not take a step further no matter what."

Siluca performed a greeting to the two of them and started to speak.

"Who are you?"

The young groom appeared slightly perplexed.

"What is the problem here?"

The bride followed with an inquiry in a reprimanding tone of voice.

"Please allow me to explain later..."

After responding to the two of them, Siluca turned around to face the platform.

All the guests in the hall became restless due to her behavior, however she knew right now was not the time to be distracted by this.

"We have to dispel the Chaos from the convergence point..."

This was the only thing she was thinking in her brain.

If she sat down and did nothing, a serious calamity was bound to happen.

"What are you doing?"

"Siluca, back down now!"

The faculty from the Magic College also shouted at her.

However, Siluca paid no mind and rushed up the platform of her own accord.

"It's dangerous there! The two of you must get off the platform immediately!"

Siluca shouted at Archduke Deux and Archduke Kreische.

"Is she crazy? Doesn't she know that this is a sacred ceremony?"

Archduke Deux spoke indignantly.

"Guards! Take her away!"

Archduke Kreische shouted an order while looking all around.

"I said, you must leave quickly!"

Siluca didn't even think before shouting angrily.

(The convergence of the Chaos is almost complete!)

She extended her wand, and pointed at the position of the Chaos Core.

(Even if this is my first time dealing with such high density Chaos, I will definitely dispel it!)

Siluca firmly resolved herself, and prepared to brandish her wand.

However—

"Miss, please stop what you're doing."

It was then that Siluca noticed a quiet murmur by her ears. Somebody had grabbed her from behind.

"Huh!"

Siluca squawked. Before this person had done anything, she hadn't even sensed their presence. At this moment, she felt a sensation on her back, telling her the identity of this person.

(It's a demon seal artist!)

This term flashed through Siluca's head.

A demon seal referred to the brand-like markings that appeared on a person's body when they absorb Chaos. People who were branded with a demon's seal were called "Demon Seal Artists", and they possessed powers that exceeded that of ordinary people. Although the "Church" and similar organizations did not permit this kind of practice and denounced such people has the spawn of evil, there were still people who required the strength of such individuals. There were many lords who hired Demon Seal Artists as mercenaries or spies.

"Let me go! Otherwise there's no time!"

Siluca struggled desperately, but she was helpless as the other person had a tight grip on her.

"Regardless of the reasons for your crude actions, I will listen to your explanations latter. However, I formally request that you do not disturb the proceedings of this ceremony..."

The man muttered this beside Siluca's ears, as he clearly intended to drag her off the platform.

"W-We can't..."

Siluca groaned in despair.

The Chaos looked as if it nearly finished converging.

At this point, the Chaos had expanded to a point that anyone could sense its scale.

Black smog swirled in a mass like a vortex, emitting a repulsive smell; strange noises came from within, and fuming heat that seemed to emerge from nowhere made the crowd break out in sweat.

At this stage of the convergence, there was nobody who could stop it now.

Now, all Siluca could do was pray that the thing that appeared would not be calamity-bringing Chaos.

However --

Her hopes were fruitless.

The thing that appeared, was the most terrifying disaster there was.

As the dark fog ripped apart, a maiden with bat-like wings and black clothes appeared from within. In her hands, she held an enormous sword with a black blade.

"The demon lord of the the Kingdom of Diabolos..."

Siluca murmured while stunned.

In the distance past, it is said that this maiden in front of them had appeared during an era when the Chaos was far denser on the continent than it is now. Her outer appearance had been captured in paintings and passed on until this day.

In order for the demon lord to materialize, it required an extraordinarily dense amount of Chaos. In terms of rank that could be obtained after defeating it, the value was even more than slaying ten demonic dragons combined. However, as far as the records until this day said, there has never been a person who has successfully fought against this demonic creature.

This was the worst possible calamity that Siluca knew of.

"Why is such shocking Chaos... right now, here..."

Why would appear right here? Siluca could not help but ask herself.

Indeed, it was true that in their current location -- the Magic City of Elam -- the surrounding Chaos was a bit denser than in other areas, but it was a far cry from the amount of Chaos necessary to cause the Demon Lord to appear.

However, this was not entirely in the realm of impossibility. Chaos was constantly twisting and warping, and its density at any given point was constantly fluctuating. Even still, the probability that this kind of thing could appear practically approached a limit of zero.

(Was it possible that somebody raised the Chaos density, allowing the Demon Lord to appear?)

She could not help but arrive at this kind of conclusion.

Only a mage could accomplish something like this -- furthermore, it must have been an extremely powerful mage.

Siluca was five years old when she entered the Magic Academy, and she continuously skipped grades dues to her outstanding performance. However, she still had no way of increasing the Chaos density to that limit, and she was incapable of controlling it either.

"We need to make the Demon Lord dissipate somehow..."

Siluca muttered this blankly.

For this kind of extremely high density Chaos, its existence ought unstable in the world.

However, as for when it might dissipate, that depended entirely on the so-called, "toss of God's dice".

Even just thinking about calamity that it would cause before it disappeared made Siluca's blood run cold. It wouldn't even be strange if the Magic City of Elam was razed entirely to the ground. Humanity was simply that powerless when fighting against Chaos.

"What is that demonic beast? How did it appear...?"

The man who was still grabbing Siluca uttered in amazement.

"It appeared precisely during the time you seized me!"

"Miss... could it be you were planning to..."

"That's right, I was planning on trying to stop her from materializing!"

(TL: ...To be continued...)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    BauerIvan likes this.
  17. Heartnet

Heartnet New Member

Reading List:
    Link

Can you post the link from where you find it? The Taiwan version, I mean. I searched everywhere and still have not found any version :(

18. mafuyu

mafuyu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wenku8

Heartnet likes this.
  19. Heartnet

Heartnet New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!!

20. Xiao yan

Xiao yan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please pick up Grancrest Senki I have just watched the Anime and read the Manga. I really wanna read it.