Picked Up Grasping Evil

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by earthshaker44, Aug 23, 2017.

1. DarkGoddessNyx

DarkGoddessNyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Grasping Evil (执魔)
    Raw Link: http://www.qidian.com/book/2939492 or http://www.69shu.com/txt/23262.htm
    NU Link (if avaliable): http://www.novelupdates.com/series/grasping-evil/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Please pick this up as it looks like a novel with potential and it hasn't been translated for nearly 5 months.
    Description (if you can find one):

“If I grasp the evil, there will be no Immortals in the heaven! If I grasp the heaven, there will be no Evil on this earth!

This is the beginning of an ancient story from the Rain Immortal World. My life, like a butterfly is to decapitate the world’s reincarnation cycle.

Looking back at the drifting smoke of mortal life, and faintly smiling at the Sun and the Moon… All for you, I will rampage this Rain Immortal World!

The Dao of the Heaven has three cycles and cultivation has three steps. Two words, truth and false, from the beginning to end.

First step, seven ranks of cultivation:

Vein Opening, Harmonious Spirit, Gold Core, Nascent Soul, Spirit Severing, Void Refinement, Void Fragmentation.

Bao’s Sypnosis:

It starts in a grim world where all cultivators are greedy beasts doing inconceivable acts to reach the apex. This is the story of Ning Fan, a mortal wanting to become an Immortal to rule over his own destiny with the art of dual cultivation.

The writing is great, and it goes really deep with its cultivation and daoism. It starts slow, and eventually manifests into one of the most exciting adventure you will see. Do beware, this is not a nice universe, and the MC is not a merciful person.

------------------------------
    Please pick this up as i really want to personally see where this novel will go

Thank you in advance.

Hiji and arrogantyoungmaster like this.
  2. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    Already raised the request in qidian forum.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that Qidian (probably because CHINA!!! ;-D) have a problem with sexual content etc, which there's quite a bit of in GE *cough*, basically what happened was that a TL contacted QI about wanting to tl the novel and then they checked what novel it was, after that back at Qidian they contact author and tell him he's got to censor his novel and tone down with sexual content.

So, at least as I understood it, because someone wanted to TL it, it actually affected the novel back at Qidian (chinese source) and all the chapters have been censored, only pirated raws still have the original novel.

5. Riqu

Riqu ~Legendary Lurker~

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if qidian took it, it won't be the same anymore considering the censorship. Like a steak without spice.

doroppu, sapassde and Wujigege like this.
  6. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone but Legge picks this up from QI's team , they will be ruining it.

7. DarkGoddessNyx

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't someone make a "fanfiction" that will stay true to the novel maybe publish it anonymously via Tor on a .onion hidden service :)

sapassde likes this.
  8. Lonelise

Lonelise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dual cultivation novel without the sexual content...
    QI sucks...

9. Viken

Viken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's still too early in the develope to see which way the story and setting would go, @DarkGoddessNyx A fanfic at this point would basically be a completely new story based on the premise of Grasping Evil.

That said, I also enjoyed GE. So I hope someone else outside of QI picks it up. I don't want it to end up sensored.

10. DarkGoddessNyx

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant a "fanfiction" not a fanfiction

11. podlizurko

Reading List:
    Link
    Well from chapter 1180 content will already be under qidian's new guidelines.

Astaroth likes this.
  12. DarkGoddessNyx

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh also another question as I really need to start learning Chinese anyone have any recommendations for any textbooks or other recourses?

13. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Grasping Evil
    Raw Link: http://www.piaotian.net/bookinfo/4/4687.html
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/grasping-evil/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It hasn't been updated for ~5 months already, so it's open season?
    Description:
    “If I grasp the evil, there will be no Immortals in the heaven! If I grasp the heaven, there will be no Evil on this earth!

This is the beginning of an ancient story from the Rain Immortal World. My life, like a butterfly is to decapitate the world’s reincarnation cycle.

Looking back at the drifting smoke of mortal life, and faintly smiling at the Sun and the Moon… All for you, I will rampage this Rain Immortal World!

The Dao of the Heaven has three cycles and cultivation has three steps. Two words, truth and false, from the beginning to end.

First step, seven ranks of cultivation:

Vein Opening, Harmonious Spirit, Gold Core, Nascent Soul, Spirit Severing, Void Refinement, Void Fragmentation.

Bao’s Sypnosis:

It starts in a grim world where all cultivators are greedy beasts doing inconceivable acts to reach the apex. This is the story of Ning Fan, a mortal wanting to become an Immortal to rule over his own destiny with the art of dual cultivation.

The writing is great, and it goes really deep with its cultivation and daoism. It starts slow, and eventually manifests into one of the most exciting adventure you will see. Do beware, this is not a nice universe, and the MC is not a merciful person.

14. raltzero

raltzero Last Year Until BS in IT | Lazy Overlord TL

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Hiji likes this.
  15. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though i like dark novel with evil MC i still felt weird when the MC just change to another person when he got those ancient memories .

17. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
  18. BAHjr

BAHjr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it one of those story with a extremely big harem (more then 9)or a sensible harem size(9 or less)?

19. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Preferably with totally uncensored sex scenes, not sure how much they show up but the tags are promising!~

20. podlizurko

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody will pick the series with qidian making shit out of it and dicking around with the author.

Astaroth likes this.