Discussion Great video about the honor of teaching.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AMissingLinguist, Feb 1, 2017.

?

Are you feeling his emotions?!?!

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Inbetween

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link

How did it feel to learn how a teacher would think and answer those who make fun of them and their profession?

Great speeches by Taylor Mali.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    ICe, Deleted member 41274 and Nargol like this.
  2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some parts resonate, but some are just wrong. I mean, seriously, he makes using the bathroom a privilege? You don't work hard enough he'll make you piss your pants? Wtf. I'd hate him if I ever had him as a teacher.

3. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry. Teachers are there to push students to succeed. If a student needs to go, he will let them go.

4. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    If a teacher knows when a student needs to go better than the student knows when they need to go, that's wrong in its own way too

Cupcake Ninja and Raobihr like this.
  5. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure I feel anything... Everyone's gonna try to protect their profession and each profession is special in it's own way. But I wouldn't say this makes much sense as most teachers don't really care about what those kids do or what becomes of them. At least, that's what I believe. Most of them only care about finishing their job quickly, without too much stress or actual work and getting paid. But that could just be my own perspective based on what I've seen so far. I'd say that they do as much bad as they do good... maybe more or less in some aspects.

6. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    yup, one or two teacher out there are actually good at teaching

7. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    There are good teachers and there are bad teachers. I try to be optimistic about the things I care about.

8. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some students that Go every class to the toilet and are there for about 10-20 mins. Even i as I Student think ''bullshit" in my mind when I hear him say "can I go to the toilet?" So what do you expect from a teacher

LostBMe and Nyarlathotep like this.
  9. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say you're a terrible judge. Depending on the time of day, distance to the toilet, etc. that's perfectly believable.

10. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I definitely know better than you about the distance and it would never, even if I were to crawl, take more than 3 mins. And I said every class. I dont think its possible to go to the toilet every single class unless you drink 3l of water during the break which is also not possible. I have never seen anyone coming to school with a backpack full of bottles filled with water and even if they did, it would take the whole space in the bag and they wouldn't be able to follow the lesson correctly.

11. Nordic

Nordic The Lazy Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm from the country ranked as nr1 when it comes to primary education so my experience with teachers is very good. I can't remember having a single horrible teacher only a couple I disliked/inexperienced. So I have always had positive experience with teachers as far as attitude is concerned but how well they teach that I'm not going to judge. I just feel nothing from the videos besides making fun of themselves and I don't think it's that funny for anyone besides teachers. Good relationship between teacher and students most likely leads to less kids being inclined to ditch and be total problem children.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  12. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    @ASadLinguist thank you for sharing these videos about teachers with us!

I like teachers^^

I didn't like these weird lyrics video, I don't know why, I couldn't laugh

13. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't funny tho. He was just telling everyone ,who thinks teachers are assholes and curses at them, how he thinks about his work. The rhyme was good too
    Edit: it was exciting at some places too

14. Nordic

Nordic The Lazy Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I just have never experienced anyone actively cursing a teacher out, I have people who hate a subject or find a teacher boring but who the hell doesn't appreciate a teacher who actually tries? I think this must be a very american thing because where I live teachers get a average salary but their respect is same as doctors/lawyers in terms social status not income. I find more people who don't appreciate education than teachers.

15. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem isnt the teachers, its the entire school system.
    College is great, but everything before that hasnt changed in 150 years and thats bad because it was made to get more workers at factories.

mir and AMissingLinguist like this.
  16. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    teaching is a shitty, underpaid profession that gets little to no respect from most people despite all it and the teachers themselves do for world. Who's gonna educate all you plebs? Google? Youtube? Fuck y'all, that shit wont fly. Oh, sure steven, laugh all you want, skip my class, but dont be cryin' to me when you become a begger off the streets and tryna sell yourself for food. Go ahead, Jennefer, keep on tellin' yer little posse how sad and pathetic i apparently am, just keep up all that textin' during class and tellin' all yer teachers they be boring as fuck. Just dont be surprised when you gotta make ends meet as a stripper despite your dream havin' been to become a nurse. Oh, but no, you keep on makin' that paper boo-boo.

And you, Kristi, who told you to stop suckin', girl? you want that A don't you? Yo blonde ass aint gon pass HS at this rate, best stop lazin' around now.

Me, i liked all my teachers. Aint got much ambition in life, but fuck me if im gonna be like Steven or Kristi and end up either a whore or a homeless lil bastard. Y'all aint even know how much crap-tastic nonsense teachers be takin' on the daily, and if you dont care why should they? You wanna be wastes of space, go ahead. Meanwhile Yesenia and Michael gon grow up to be funtioning members of society. Who they gon thank for that? Yeah, you guessed it. Now get the fack outta here, we tryna learn an' shit.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Ai chan and ICe like this.
  17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Being a former teacher, I agree with my worshipper's post. Teaching is indeed a shitty, underpaid, underappreciated job where everyone expect you to give students the moon when your income and your life only amounts to a two-bedroom apartment in an area with questionable public safety. And you have to buy a secondhand, barely working car or carpool with another teacher because walking home is so dangerous, you would either got robbed or raped. There is no question of "why don't you go home earlier then?" because when you're a teacher and you care about your students, you will without a doubt go home late at least once a week. The amount of work is absolutely impossible that you need to constantly seek advice from other teachers or consult the library.

It's so tiring and suffocating that the older teachers take shortcuts. It's not really their fault. Human resource is a resource, and teaching is a resource that is overlooked, underpaid, underequipped and treated with sentiments like "You're a teacher, it's your job to teach." Well, as a teacher, my job is to teach what is within my scope. Becoming a devoted parent to your son who is surely not receiving much parental attention at home is not my job. I'm a teacher, not a stand-in mother.

"No child left behind" policy is bullshit. While I agree that everyone deserves education, bringing kids who don't want to learn to school, thus wasting the teacher's efforts, disrupting class and making things harder for kids who want to learn but aren't really gifted in the brains department is just stupid. You have a finite number of teachers, classrooms and funding. The amount wasted on kids who don't want to learn could be better spent on kids who do want to learn, but not very gifted.

Standard education is not a god-given right. It's a privilege that you should only get (I'm a supporter of free education) if you want to learn. If you want to learn, come to school anytime, teachers will welcome you. If you don't want to learn, you do not deserve this privilege. We teachers aren't the hero who solve all your family problems. Expect us to make your children interested in learning, but don't expect us to reform all your children when you can't even bother expending the effort in the first place.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    mir and Cupcake Ninja like this.
  18. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Very well said, my goddess! People like to blame everything on teachers, but they aint the kids' parents. It all starts at home, fam. Teachers can lend a helping hand if its really needed, but thats all. They paid to educate kids, to entice them into learning, but if that dont work....Well, they aint paid to make the kids learn when they(the kids) dont want to and seem even unwilling to. When that happens its the parents who need to step in and fix those shitty attitudes, not the teachers. You shouldn't punish the teachers for the failings of the parents and the kids themselves, fam. They aint miracle workers and shouldn't fukken have to be.

mir and Ai chan like this.