GT, 17k, and Zongheng megamerge thread

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Overclock, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he edits chaps too. I know it's not significant, but with the timing of the deal, he started using an account with, small as they may be, ties to gravity tales to preach the gospel word of qidian.

Honestly if he was associated with me I would pay him just to shut up. He causes a LOT of backlash very quickly

As proof when the deal went down I was in the thread. I went from "idk if gt will help them or get screwed by them, but I still don't trust qidian" to being 9001% sure gravity sold their souls and were going to do everything they could to work against wuxia and help qidian.

Cleared my head after and am back to waiting to see how GT acts in the future, but for a short time that overly vocal dude had me so blinded and annoyed I was about to add gt to my exclusion list. Dude does the absolute opposite if his job xD

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing they are able turn off auto updates for the ones being dual hosted so it's just an issue for the first time it happens.

3. natalus

natalus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just block qidian and gravity tales at reading filter

4. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm blocking neither, just mildly annoyed some of the releases are updated twice.

5. Silvertin

Silvertin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am actually wondering how things work with those "early bonus chapters" since they have video ads that need to be played before you can read the whole chapter, and so far I don't think they have gone away (too early to tell, and I have only checked for Library of Heaven's Path.) I do hope the video ad-wall goes away after they stop being "early chapters" and the normal posts catch up to them. (writers block on how to phrase that; hope it was put properly enough)
    That seems like a stretch isn't it? I read that and I find myself just going like "sheesh that is some extremist stuff right there" It feels like your saying Qidian touched GT and now they are dead to you. I mean I understand your reservations, but at least hold off until you make some observations.

I haven't particularly read from GT but their motto, even before QI had proper contracts was them was "for the fans, by the fans" or at least to my limited knowledge it was.

Just a suggestion, but how about helping those of us not as familiar with GT to speak of the differences between then and now? Ranging from their quality, frequency, and I suppose subtleties you may pick up on in chapter release announcements (like what WW does). Given all the stuff going down we need some one to help be the eyes and ears. Some one more experienced with them (GT) such as yourself should be ready to blow the whistle when things start going amiss.

ThunderGod likes this.
  6. krish1148

krish1148 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A chameleon will change its color but never change its skin. it is best suited for qidian

Mangochic likes this.
  7. formergtmember

formergtmember New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Former GT member here. I can tell you that GGP, not the translators, is definitely not "for the fans, by the fans." I will be making a thread giving some more facts.

m7vpc likes this.
  8. Gravity Tales

Gravity Tales Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @formergtmember Please do make that post. I'd like to see exactly what I've done too.

m7vpc and Einy like this.
  9. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a new ground for NU. In TKA, NU only post 1 link which is QI link. Now with LOTH and LOTG are both in QI and GT which link will NU show?

Edit:
    @Parth37955 already answer it. But I'm still curious.

The ideal scenario is:

Today:
    QI Post 2 "bonus" chapter (chptr 1-2)

Tomorrow
    Chptr 1-2 become regular in QI

Case 1:
    Chapter 1-2 also become regular in GT

Case 2:
    Chapter 1-2 will be delayed and become regular in GT after that.

If there is no request then in case 1, which link will be in NU? I'm assuming that in case 2, QI link will be the one picked by NU?

You said by request of translator, do you consider QI as the translator or the real TL?

10. formergtmember

formergtmember New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will once I have enough messages to make a thread.

m7vpc likes this.
  11. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't.
    His area of expertise is site/server management (he kept Gravity online for 2015 and some of 2016). If he has edited in the past, it was all the way back in 2015 or early 2016 before we had a proper system.

12. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue is when you see him openly discussing what gravity tales is doing, and then google his user name to see if he is one of them. Gravity tales is the top site to pop up, showing his name next to yours(not yours specifically, other tl/editors on the site).

It gave the illusion he was a big part of gravity tales, and made it seem as if he was speaking on your behalf. Which then made his eloquent words do a lot of pr damage to gravity. People in that thread went from mostly concern to quite a few(including myself) showing open hostility.

13. Chupchup

Chupchup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any chance to just add a flag or a option for folks to see ad-walled updates? I personally have no issues with clicking on a ad to read the latest. Otherwise it's just a bunch of extra clicks to get to the latest chapter.

14. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite simple to just stay 2 chaps behind. Very small sacrifice to not supply a buttload of advertising fees to the corrupt A-holes. It's not like you get a faster release rate. It's a one time gain of 2 chapters, same wait from all the later chapters, and infinitely more time spent being ad walled every single release.... The only reason I would deal with that would be if I really wanted to support the company... And hopefully you don't have that urge towards qidian.

dinhvu and Warleader like this.
  15. Chupchup

Chupchup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm neutral. It's just about the novels. Clicking on the Ad is fine for me. The hate toward QI from a certain perspective is justify and fine. I really hope they work it out with WW but that is out of my control.

With that being said there is also a lot positives with a lot more novels and increase translation paces. Also they own all the QI novel rights. Unless folks want them to go full Yen press and DMCA everyone and shut down fan translations of their novels.. so a quasi in between state is fine for me. So really if the Ad's don't work, your looking a paywall and lower free translations. (Great Job Guys!! :p or they go F'it .. they'll DMCA everyone and go full PayWall). Then folks will just go to aggregators then what the hell was the point of being blind to folks providing free chapters for clicking on a ad.

16. Mangochic

Mangochic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In light of the new info, I think Qidian doesn't want to host a competitor's novel

SAimNE likes this.
  17. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But didn't they do a deal with two other companies? I'm not aware any other novel was taken down, so I assume its because of IA's issues.

18. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can read, I would suggest not to but not going to be forceful about it. However clicking those adwall chapters is going the extra mile for almost no benefit. Little disturbed people are willing to go through that extra time every other day just to make sure qi has that much more of a reason to think they'll get away with the crap they are pulling against the community.

It was made perfectly clear they pulled this aggressive crap because they didn't expect a long lasting backlash. I'd like to urge people not to let the smug f'ers be right about that

19. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am La Phong, IA translator (the only one till now).
    First, I haven't dropped IA yet. I still continue translating.
    Second, my situation right now is like a man who in the middle of a bridge but can't go to any side. GT told me that they couldn't host IA, Zenith hestitated to host IA again (when IA moved to GT, GGP paid me and my editor, each 250 USD to get the right of IA translation. I still kept mine, but I had no right to ask the editor refund the money. Thus, GGP still owned my initial translations)
    The biggest problem I had to face was that now no team accept to host IA, so I have no editor to help me. I can still release in my old site
    chinalightnovel.wordpress.com, but I am afraid that my "unedited" translation was bad and would make readers felt disgust (and it didn't update in NU)
    If anyone have idea, please tell me.

kenkenkang, runsing, m7vpc and 2 others like this.
  20. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To clarify, GGP pay you and editor for right to publish or for the edited chapter?

Its 2 different thing, if it right to publish then GGP should negotiate with the author/original publisher.

About on where to publish have you try reach out other team that have deals with Zongheng and see if they can help?

You can still publish in your old site, link it to NU should be possible. I haven't read IA before but I wish you luck, since it seems people are waiting for your next release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.