Resolved Guy farms and grows monsters? (resolved?)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Silvertin, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Silvertin

Silvertin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Important edit So apparently the story hasn't been translated yet, I was fairly certain I saw it here before but I guess not, if anyone feels like being a detective for a cold case, who knows, it might actually be here but with an obscured unfilled NU page? All this bein gsaid though I recommend the series, I didn't have too much an interest until I read chapter 2 of the manga, then it got funny and somewhat heartwarming. I loved that. Also, adorable mandrake is too adorable and silly :sushi_chubby:

I am 85% certain I saw the light novel version of this listed on the site before, I think it started showing up around the same time as Shirokuma Tensei.

So this novel I am trying to find (yes I tried looking up the name and, various parts of the name, and a few tags I thought would be related, no luck.) It is basically an Isekai, transmigration thing, and the guy has the ability to grow monster plants. He is the only one who can do so, because normally they would only grow in the wild. There is a manga of the series as well.

I sort of know the title, and at the same time don't since looking it up yields no results here (the NU page probably needs to add its alternate titles and more of the appropriate tags.) The manga (which is the same series) title is "Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai Shiteimasu"

I hope I can get some help finding this soon. Its driving me crazy because I know it should be here somewhere.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  2. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    85% doesn't mean definite.
    And there are too many isekai novel...

3. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    thymee likes this.
  4. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Search farmer tags

5. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda funny when you have the title of said forgotten title :D

6. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have the problem of website taking too long to respond with Lhtranslation? I haven't been able to get into their site at all.
    On a different note, I'm sure that you are just confusing the manga with the LN, or from seeing the cover of the manga that was from the LN. Cause there aren't any group translating the LN or WN currently, so yeah can't find it in NU.

7. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the Novel is not currently translated so it's not here. maybe it is translated in j-novel but I don't know.
    and here is the raw if someone want to translate http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3378dg/

Silvertin likes this.
  8. KyleXreX

KyleXreX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, instantly loads for me

9. jiro13

jiro13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Donutmindme likes this.
  10. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    Precisely why I used a percent of how certain I am and not saying its definitely here. It was a while back when I thought i saw it hence why I said it as I did. Though yea, there are hilarious amounts of isekai novels, but each have their own premise and unique spins on it that can pique and hook a reader's interest. I can see why some would be divided on the subject though. If you are referring to my last line, its similar to when your looking for the mayo in the fridge "it should be around here somewhere"
    Already did, no luck, it was also 16 pages long when searching "farming, monsters" I skimmed it and gave up. Also it is why i said the portion of the post when it might not have had all the appropriate tags it deserves, which is a very real possibility. Such as how I had to add the technology gap tag to "I have a mansion in a post apocalyptic world" I can't say why specifically because spoilers, but it is with good reason. (its also a tag for novels I have an interest in, so do keep your eyes peeled for when that is appropriate but missing!)
    Well I was fairly certain it was on NU and it wasn't listed as the title I thought it was or the alternate titles I thought it could be, so it may have had a title I couldn't remember or think of, that others may know of. This being said it seemed like the most appropriate simplified thread prefix and way to phrase it.

11. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai shiteimasu... is probably not it. That seems to only have a manga version, and the link previously provided is only a translation of what's said in the comic.

And searching the word "farm" in Novel Updates didn't provide anything that would fit that description, even when it came up with a few things which had farmers or farming in part of the plot, mostly as a "low/commonplace" starting point or relaxing hobby to take up now that the MC is bored with being overpowered but with nothing to do.

Silvertin likes this.
  12. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    It was, though in my post I was asking for the light novel version of that series. The question has been solved though. (Or at least for now.) The answer was the novel isn't translated yet. Maybe I just thought it was and simply remembered wrongly after a similar series cover of a novel I was checking out and thought it was the same series.
    Nope, I was referring to the LN I thought was here but apparently isn't. its precisely because I thought I saw that same cover of the manga here, that I thought it had to be listed here but that I just couldn't find it (probably due to the name I thought it was being MIA in the alternate titles list or the like.)

I just wanted to take the moment to thank you with sifting through search results to help me find the answer. There is actually a novel series, in fact other users have posted links to the raws, surprisingly I could only find myanimelist showing a summary page of the novel even existing. So far the consensus seems to be that the novel series just isn't being translated yet.

13. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ik I’m late.
    I MLTed the webnovel, its a bit different from the manga. Yeah it seems there’s no LN. And I absolutely loved side stories with jack.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018