Question Guys who dislike harem....are u ok?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Prince of Sadness, Apr 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uselessyoungmaster

uselessyoungmaster New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Popular and good are not the same thing. Some things are just hot trash. These amateur authors might be able to get by as long as their novels get popular but they will never truly gain enough credit to get them to the next level. Good authors get those credits, and in turn become more successful. So yes, it is necessary. Even just decent authors like TJSS are much much more successful than your run of the mill money milking author. Its not even close.

2. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like it because the like 'not valid enough reason' or bad writing.
    I mean randomly pick up girls everytime then become his part of harem is eehh--, and everyone seems to liking him too easily.

Also I prefered harem with comrade vibe is prefered than romantic, but if it is good plot I don't mind

I appreciate the subtle harem I mean I don't realize it until someone points it out everyone beside MC is female, but non existant male is sometimes ridiculous.
    And harem with everyone falls in love with MC without 'reason' is like... 'not enough variation'.

The imperial harem sometimes do a good job, I mean the jealousy, the war, the tricks, the one who really love the guy, or the one only want his money, not all of them 'fall in love'.

Ha-Ha likes this.
  3. Konstantin

Konstantin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree, how dumb a person can be to forget all the previous conversations, including things he himself wrote, and ignore all the arguments? It is like arguing with a kid who forgets his own words a minute later.
    You actually DID. And trying to prove why harem is always bs and never makes sense. And I completely destroyed all your nonsensical arguments. But it was so long ago that you conveniently forgot about it.

Em, it seems you forgot the fact that those are Chinese authors and they don't give a fuck about the western audience. Some novels that are rated lower than 3,5/5 on novelupdates are rated 9,3/10 on Chinese platforms. Also, making something popular is harder than making something "decent". Do you really think that there are no web-novels with a decent plot? There are, just the vast majority of them never gains popularity. It is the case both for Chinese and western novels. Tropes are necessary to gain popularity, you see. And often they are enough. Also, TJSS has a harem in most of his novels, lol. All Chinese authors milk money, it is their WORK. Popularity gives you money, rating - not so much.

Also, check it https://www.novelupdates.com/series-ranking/

Out of ten novels in the top, seven have harem tag in them. Lol. And two of them are Josei. So, out of the top 8 novels for men, 7 are harems. Interesting, right? This is the case both for weekly rating and for the all-time one. Popular novels without a harem in them are usually with asexual protag, as Slime Datta Ken. But honestly, this one has a harem-like feeling to it as well, with many female characters fond of MC. Honestly, almost all novels that are both popular and highly rated are harems. Everyone Else is a Returnee, Release That Witch, Dungeon Defense, To Be Power in the Shadows... A highly-rated novel without a harem is the exception, not a rule. Reality smacks your face, dude.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  4. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to just have one. The problem isn't that i don't want to have marry multiple girls. It's that it would be hard to take care of them AND their parents. Imagine having multiple mother in law ,father in law, grandpa in law, grandma in law, brother in law, sister in law, etc.

Raebit likes this.
  5. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine you need to support the economy of each wives' family
    You need to be hella rich

Effugium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.