Question Has M E M O R I Z E been dropped?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by MH2, Apr 16, 2017.

1. MH2

MH2 [Former Child]

Reading List:
    Link
    its been a month and a half with no news or updates

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It wouldn't be the first time that happened, hopefully someone else picks it up, the starting chapters where he builds his character were very interesting (the other characters not so much).

3. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    End is not that reliable after all.

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it might be.Technically,if there is no communication for 3 months,it can be considered as dropped till further communications are established.

hungry_machiavellian likes this.
  5. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    ...If it's dropped, I'm going to flip some tables lol. It's perfectly understandable if a translator chooses to translate slowly, as they have a life too. But in the case of Memorise, another group had picked it up after the current one hadn't translated for a while. They were translating pretty quickly. But then they dropped it cos the current one decided to translate it again.

If you weren't planning to translate it TL, why did you take your project back? T.T

6. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    I know how you feel but you couldn't even wait even 2 whole months be4 starting this?

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Slow translations is a bit different from disappearing for 2 months at a time without notice at least twice.

8. deuzim

deuzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone did picked it up, then End appeared, said he didnt drop it , released a few chapters and disappeared again.

hungry_machiavellian and elengee like this.
  9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    In cases like this, the AFK timer should not reset after 2 months but pause until it happens again, at least for a set amount of time. It's now been 2 months + 1.5 with a few chapters in between. Did the other translator move on to something else already?

10. MH2

MH2 [Former Child]

Reading List:
    Link
    I really liked this novel because it is a bit different
    Usually a chapter or two per week were released but now nothing

11. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    End sounds like a guy who likes to translate a couple of chapter a year to keep his language skills alive. I doubt he would have any real angst over someone else also translating it.

elengee likes this.
  12. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    well for now, it not worse than World Teacher, sometimes missing for 1 years, or make promise to release next chapter ASAP but always more than 1 month ASAP. thanks to the new translator that hellish wait are no longer exist

13. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no, there was a huge drama over someone else, who wanted to translate this novel at a significantly faster pace, beginning to translate the novel. If they had waited a couple more weeks until the 3 months were over there wouldn't have been any problems, although the current translator probably would have thrown in a chapter before that. Now that this has already happened once I'd imagine the current TL keeps a pretty close eye on that 3 month wait period and will get something in before that. He also feels very strongly about being the guy to translate this series. He felt that way when there were only 13 chapters translated, I imagine he feels even stronger now that it's gotten up to 36. However if the speed stays this slow, when much faster groups want to translate this novel, not too many people will be happy.