Question Has such an embarrassing situation ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by UnknownSaint171, Aug 12, 2021.

1. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    You know when your reading webnovel Raws in aggregator sites there are ‘extreme graphics’ as Ads.

I was reading while eating chips. Subconsciously while talking tilted my tablet.

I noticed my family looking at me strange and as you guessed it, I internally exclaimed: F*ck!

I did not notice it. Usually I’m very careful but this time I was just absent minded. So I just pretended nothing happened him Lol. You know how annoying those ads or pop-ups can be right

Has such a easily misunderstood situation happen to you before?

2. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don't use electronics near my family. And if someone goes into my room, no matter what is currently on my screen, go to youtube front page.

3. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, this was a none issue when I was younger. The computers were in the computer room. Tablets were not a thing

Gadget likes this.
  4. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha a bigger problem is when some explicit scene randomly pops up in the middle of an episode of anime I'm watching during dinner with everyone else there >.>;;

phonebinder likes this.
  5. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    worse if it's one of the cliché "bath" episodes where everyone takes a hot spring trip

phonebinder and Lissi like this.
  6. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, I use ad blocker. The sites usually don't have an ad blocker's blocker. If it has I would just move on to the next site. Riskiest thing I've ever done was watch dxd across from my mom XD.

7. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    No, ads never gave me that problem, because I take all possible scenarios into account.

You might think I'm lying. actually, when I was small my father looked up the browser history of my home PC and found something that should not be found, they told me about things about puberty that day when I came back from school, It was torture, those 3 mins was an eternity for me. Then onward I take all possible things into account when doing anything into account.

I don't give my personal lap and phone to anyone and when I share my laptop with anyone I use an application for taking screenshots every 30 sec, and no one does funny things or check other people stuff if they know the owner will watching it. I also have an app to erase everything on my PC and phone like a kill switch.

If you think I'm paranoid then YES I'm. If you experience what I experienced then you will do the same.

Also here's an interesting article: "Man complains about ''vulgar'' ads on IRCTC app; their reply leaves Twitter in splits"

8. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
    You must give your stuff to a lot of people many times, damn.

9. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was younger, we only had one desktop computer and it was in the living room.

It was a battle day in and day out for my 12 year old self to watch fairy tail without being scared my dad was gonna catch me. Even the regular scenes… could have been questioned. :sweating_profusely:

10. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. No comment

11. Yakinori

Yakinori Human

Reading List:
    Link
    Yees! It's so embarrassing and annoying even if I'm alone. Ad blockers can't even block some of them which made it more annoying.

12. Lykalee

Lykalee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use Brave browser so no ads.

However, if I do read some snu stuff, I always look behind me every 3 minutes.