Have you ever had a novel where you Rage-Quit?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by animefan4004, Jul 28, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I only got to where the EU had a spy in China because they were interested in taking over or something. :facepalm: I had to draw the line there, as no one wants to take over China DURING A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!! :blobthumbsdown: That is literally one of the stupidest things they could do! :blobangery:

"Hey, wanna take over a neighboring country?" :blobunsure:

"Nah Dude, let's aim for China! You know, that far away country that can casually have a million-zombie hoard!" :blobsmilehappy:

"Hmm... Great Idea!!!" :hmm::blobparty:

I wish there was a vomit emoji, as that level of writing and 'nationalism' deserves it.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Dr_H_16, Muspon and Wujigege like this.
  2. Maomaomao

Maomaomao Cardboard cutout

Reading List:
    Link
    I really am a superstar
    1. The nationalism.
    2. The mc being a weird pervert.
    3. The mc being extremely unreasonable and thinking everything he does is right.

3. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I look back I was really surprised how far I got into it, I guess I just kept hoping the author would get better having gotten so much repetitively twisted junk out.

KageTokage likes this.
  4. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt the same during the Vietnam (I think?) arc. Both sides having racial tension, which explodes during the apocalypse? Okay... I don't like it, but okay. It was the random EU spy guy that made me realize that the racism was not going to just be a one-off. The whole arc only existed to kill that warlord (who is revealed to be a spy after the fact) so that the MC could randomly get another OP tree treasure.

Really, disregarding all of the racism, once author started to use random teleports from hostile Mutated Beasts as a means to let the MC get ahead of the competition, it raised a big red flag.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  5. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually, the ratings on NU tend to be fairly reliable, so I would like to think I dodge quite the amount of bullets in exchange for suffering periods of novel-starvation.

Around two weeks ago, I started a fairly highly rated novel, but I felt utterly betrayed at the score after starting it.
    You Cannot Afford To Offend My Woman

I cannot fathom why the first one is even rated this highly. 4.2 stars, are you kidding me. By around the fourth chapter, I felt the need to acquire a few small bottles of mind bleach. For someone who is "devoid of all humanity" and is "currently regaining humanity," the MC (I cannot be bothered to remember his name) sure seems full of it.
    Full of sh*t, that is.
    Honestly, the writing of this character reminds me of all the stories where the author glorifies the feats of a 500 IQ, one-in-ten-million-genius character in one section in the chapter when paragraphs later, they do something unthinkably stupid. In this case, our main character is described as charismatic when anything he does is nothing but. Is super cool, but almost everything that comes out of his mouth is utterly repulsive. Arrogance so high it pierced through the heavens, broke the ceiling, and landed the MC down in the ninth circle of hell. And holy crap what kind of combined BS is "only beautiful virgins" added with "once touched i never touch again."
    I truly commend the author because I do not think I have read of another tale whose main character had irritated me this much this fast.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  6. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure I would call it a rage quit, but the closest example I have from fairly recently would be Reverend Insanity.
    I can accept turn-back time plots usually as long as the time travel happens only once at the start of the story to get the plot going.
    So this story completely lost me when it became clear the time travel was something the mc can reuse multiple times throughout the story, and it didn't exactly help that the mc was completely unsympathetic and in my own opinion uninteresting.

7. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it "The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation":ROFLMAO:

It's apparently supposed to parody the CN novel tropes, that's why most people seem to love it.

I haven't actually read the novel BTW, I'm just pulling from the 5-star reviews

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2020
    Halcyon Observer likes this.
  8. ellype

ellype Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't rlly get mad, but i do drop a novel the moment i feel the author is prioritizing cardboard cut outs of women over the actual story

9. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. I didn't read much of it (only like the first sixth chapters), so I wouldn't truly know, but if it was, it wasn't very convincing.

10. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He would be better if he had a ruthess mc apathy.

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  11. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. One of the many reasons I do not like Boruto, besides it just being unnecessary, is that they go back in time and could potentially change the whole story of Naruto. That's just not okay. Even if it doesn't happen, that type of writing is just not okay.

At least with something like Back To The Future, the whole plot is to basically fixing the screw ups caused by their time travel.

Muspon and Nimroth like this.
  12. Grandorus

Grandorus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CN novel's have this habit:
    Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World
    Early story has retail competition ending in thousand of children murdered. That was strange.
    The cultivation aspect was tacked on and made farming redundant.
    After a while I have up on the MC.

Mech Touch
    Instead of designing Mecha, the MC wastes time on monster hunting and cultivator/shaman aspects. Just another cultivator novel. If they demonstrated these fantasy elements early on I could have accepted it.
    Mech Touch is very inconsistent in quality. Starts as a simple process of design interesting mech for customer needs=profit. However, 800 chapters (the military and swordmaiden arc) were probably ghost written or recycled from a different novel's plot where no mech design occurs. You could essentially skip them. After this the novel stitches everything back together for a 'normal' design plot before running off on another weird tangent. There are probably only 500 good chapters worth reading so far.

Dr_H_16, Muspon and novaes like this.
  13. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    how can two people mutually rape each other? Isn't that just consentual sex, then?

14. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao I remember reading that. Apparently it was supposed to be a parody or something? I think I ended up reading to 100 chapters or so. I can 100% agree with, irritating protagonist

15. Svalinn

Svalinn [IMG][/IMG]

Reading List:
    Link
    Running Away From The Hero! (Remake)
    The running gag about the bat started getting annoying to the point of unbearable

Dr_H_16 and novaes like this.
  16. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not if they take turns at raping each other, or he could have meant that one trope where both characters are doped up on aphrodisiacs by a third party.

17. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    no

18. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't remember the name but it had a "tournament arc" that went off for about 300 chapters and had no sign of ever stopping.

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  19. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds just like a novel I read

20. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this from Sovereign of the three realms? Cause i think it also has something similar to that iirc

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.