LCD Heavenly Jewel Change

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Aicila, Nov 13, 2015.

1. AngelicaHale

AngelicaHale Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a good novel anyway.

2. LeeEzekiel

LeeEzekiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From chapter 234:

"BOOM! He let out a miserable scream as his arms were instantly torn apart into bloody bits of flesh by Zhou Weiqing’s Dual Hammers. He still only had five pieces of the Hate Earth No Handle, which meant that they only multiplied his power by thirty-two times, but it must be remembered that Zhou Weiqing was now at the nine-Jeweled level. In other words, it was a nine-Jeweled level of power which was multiplied. This was thirty-two times the power of a nine-Jeweled Strength-type Physical Jewel, not the original six-Jeweled level. What did this mean? It meant that even a Heavenly King powerhouse who had lost his equipment and had to face this head-on would suffer miserably!"

This is quite possibly the WORST example of TJSS writing I've ever seen. Good god, I'm legitimately impressed by this paragraph's blatant word stuffing.

Also, by Zhou "getting drained on the bed" by the other girls before his departure, does that inclue Xue'er? Seems like a major disservice to deal with her first time with a throwaway line like that. In fact, she's only mentioned now as part of the Shangguan sisters set, rather than her own person. Kinda gross way to handle her character - she's become a decoration.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  3. Geryon

Geryon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did some comparisons between the translations and the paragraph about getting drained on the bed is translated very differently on Qidian.
    "Zhou Weiqing laughed, "Of course not! How can I possibly feel sick with this strong body of mine?" In truth, there was one thing that he was hiding from Bing'er. Because he had to leave for an indefinite amount of time, Tian'er had been squeezing the juices out of him for the past few days, making sure that she dried him up completely before she left. But of course, Zhou Weiqing did not have any complaints."

I don't know Chinese so I don't know which one is more correct but the Qidian translation makes more sense to me in this case.

Teisen and LeeEzekiel like this.
  4. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite missed that part but yeah it was very bad

5. LeeEzekiel

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's just Tian'er, that makes a lot more sense. I can see Fei'er joining in, but that would be too out of character for Xue'er, no matter how lovesick she is now.

6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, is it just me who found it funny that the "amazing" speed of the sea emperor shuttle was 41km/h?

7. LeeEzekiel

Reading List:
    Link
    /laughs in IET

mm38910 likes this.
  8. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he will be like 41 trillion km/h

Astaroth likes this.
  9. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll leave this question for you since I'm about to sleep:
    Is one woman enough to milk a 9-jeweled Zhou Weiqing dry?

10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Or if you're smart you'll think with your head a bit and just check the raws...

No idea why the translation was so odd on wuxiaworld, but this is what I found for the raws: 周维清笑道:‘了没有啊!我这么好的身体,能有什么可不舒服的。”他当然不会告诉上官冰儿,因为要离开这么久,这几天天儿简直变成了床上榨汁机,可是狠狠的收拾了他一通。当然,对于周维清来说,这绝对是痛并快乐着的好事。

It clearly specifies Tianer (天儿) in the raws as being a "juice extraction machine on the bed" or whatever 床上榨汁机
    Apparently according to the Author, she is...

Anyway, Qidian International/webnovel being mostly shit doesn't mean that other translations suddenly become perfect... (Though I do find it curious, it should've been an intentional decision by the TL if you ask me.)

11. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> I just had to clean up a ton of posts. Avoid talking about the QI vs WW thing here...there's so many other threads to talk about that in.

P.S NU will not track QI till they release 50 chapters on their own.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  12. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo people need some help, so I agree i am gonna start this novel coz it got under my attention due to the drama, but yeah obv ill read on ww as rwx has quality with him, so i tried starting the novel now i just did the 1st chapter 1st part and the start is so cliche i wont marry weak fiance and shit, does the novel stay like that or its jsut the start?

13. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, they will
    never get married. MC will get a much better girl.

edit: forgot spoiler..teehee

14. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What were you expecting? Some kind of godlike novel that avoids all the tropes? Sorry, but it does follow a few annoying tropes. The upside is that the MC is one of the more entertaining ones(acts like a rogue, likes to plot, strong will, not a completely evil douche that does everything for his own benefit). If you like that kind of character, then you should read this novel.

15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    RIP my post got deleted, but anyway, it only said Tianer in the raws (I checked). Not sure why wuxiaworld changed it, but it should have been on purpose if you ask me.

Anyway, there's no reason to "choose who you believe" if you just check the source... And so apparently Tianer is enough to suck Weiqing dry, at least according to the Author.

It was this sentence in the raws: 周维清笑道:“没有啊我这么好的身体,能有什么可不舒服的。”他当然不会告诉上官冰儿,因为要离开这么久,这几天天儿简直变成了床上榨汁机,可是狠狠的收拾了他一通。当然,对于周维清来说,这绝对是痛并快乐着的好事。

And it only says it was tianer (天儿)

tl:dr Qidian being mostly crap doesn't automatically turn everything else into perfection

16. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boi, another braindead random antagonist is going to have his ass whooped for looking at bing'er 's ass and offending our dear MC...

REEEEEEEEEEEE....

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Astaroth likes this.
  17. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another? Did i forget the previous examples of this? Bing'er has been MIA for most of the novel.

18. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Or maybe just 'some'
    I don't care either way, its just some random retard anyway...

19. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ma qun

20. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh started it, liking it, the bitch Princess was only in the beginning chapter, also I wanted to know when do people realise who he really is? I currently finished chapter 15 where he got the skills for his elemental jewels