Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Skynovella

Skynovella New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Hey its Skynovella here. You call me sky
    Hobbies: I like playing games, reading novels and manga other than that wasting my life
    I like isekai, rebirth, reincarnation, fantasy romance, romance and op protagonist genres mostly relatively new to the fantasy romance though
    its hard to pick my favourite novel but if i had to choose it will probably have to be second coming of avarice or overlord.
    im still relatively new to novels but have been having a blast reading a bunch i came here to just look for novels to look for and add a +1 site i can waste my life on

Lurking likes this.
  2. mastermindM

mastermindM Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all I'm new to this forum:blobsmilehappy: you can call me Mastermind
    my hobbies: reading, writing, nature beauty, biking and cooking.
    I read a lot of novels from novel updates, but I am new to this forum.

I am really excited..... @Nancy2303

3. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya Snowflower here ~
    Pleased to make an acquaintance to you all, ahehe ~
    :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:

My hobbies are reading books, surfing the web and playing instruments! Interest? I love to roam around places (including other countries) and find a scenic and peaceful place to read anywhere while eating food along ~
    :cookie::cookie::cookie:

About my reading... I'm quite an 'eat-all-you-can' reader? I've read a wide range of genre and of different kinds of form and different countries of origin (i just like reading anything perhaps? Who knows ~)

About my favorite book atm ~ I don't haaaaaaave a clear distinction on what could be my 'favorite' but in this platform i like 'Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro...'. This novel for me has a good combination of what i liked to read the most and also gives me enough interest and knowledge while choking me with emotions, indeed a full package in one book yoh ~!

Well i think my introduction is too long but once again 'Please take care of me from now on ~'
    :aww::aww::aww:

Lurking and Nancy2303 like this.
  4. itshurt

itshurt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just wanna to say hi to everyone cuz im a newbie

imK and Nancy2303 like this.
  5. Goasskem

Goasskem New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's be boring and follow a recipe...

I'm Goasskem, though I've also been known as Taka on a few other sites.
    My hobbies and interests are mostly reading, and that hasn't changed since earlier than I can remember. What I read varies somewhat, though. I've always liked fantasy, but I also love reading grammar, science articles, encyclopedias, dictionaries... ok, that looked weirder than I thought it would. The Brothers Lionheart (Astrid Lindgren) would be the first fantasy novel I read (at 7), followed by The Hobbit, which I read twice in a row if I remember correctly (I was 10).

When looking for novels to read, I generally look for the Fantasy tag. Or xianxia if Chinese (perhaps I should consider reading isekai novels, and not just manga). I've recently stumbled upon the odd Chinese combination of bl and fantasy, and found that I like it rather much. It's a different experience than stallion novels. I don't think I've ever been conscious of any other tags when looking for novels. My preferences in this aren't as set as when it comes to hentai, and I like getting new experiences.

I can't name any one favorite novel. My light novel reading list is way too long. Though I'll admit that The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation really fascinated me. Read it after watching the drama adaptation on Netflix. But the first light novel I really wanted to read would be Irresponsible Captain Tylor. And it's probably also worth mentioning it was Stellar Transformations that somehow pulled me into the world of Chinese fantasy, together with Douluo Dalu (manhua adaptation made me interested).

Not sure what else there is to write about me.

6. ChuuniUsagi

ChuuniUsagi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: ChuuniUsagi
    Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, Programming, Anime, Manga/Manhwa/Manhua, LNs/WNs, and Fanfics
    Genres: I enjoy reading the action, adventure, comedy, slice of life, fantasy, etc. I'm a really big fan of modern fantasy, sci-fi fantasy, and isekai.

Lurking likes this.
  7. deaconsyre

deaconsyre New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname you want us to call you: Just DeaconSyre is fine
    Hobbies/interests: Reading and videogames. Sooo much reading.
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: I like non-human mcs or non-traditional plotlines.
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY; Binary Soul - I love it because it's a good time almost all throughout while still being about loving people. And it's a comedy.

8. Home.b.ros

Home.b.ros Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How very nice to meet you.
    I go by the name Homebros, please call me as such.
    My hobbies and interests are reading obviously, i do write but not so often that i can call it a hobby, playing video games and tabletop games , and i like to play music.
    I mostly consume romance and tragedy
    My all-time favorite novel is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

9. nyamachi

nyamachi [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm Nyamachi. If that's too long, please call me Nya. I love cats :blobsnow:blobmelt_thumbs

Hobbies: LN, manga, gaming (mostly turn-based strategy, visual novels or MMOs), Chinese dramas (ancient settings - Palace, wuxia, xianxia etc)

Novels: hmm mostly historical fiction or fluffy ones like Raising Children While Being an Adventurer. I love Common Sense of a Warrior and Common Sense of a Dukes Daughter.

Reason: historical fiction for its political intrigue, face slapping; fluff for its heartwarming sweetness hehe.

Nice to meet you!

PS unrelated but I love these cat blob emojis!! Is there a way to get them on WordPress somehow??

10. 18scholars

18scholars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

11. DamienGH

DamienGH New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!

12. toxickookie

toxickookie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys.:blobpeek::blobpeek:
    Just like this emoji, I'm pretty much a lurker. Finally decided to say hi. Been here around 4 years and I go to this site pretty much everyday lol
    As for what novels I've read, my favorites are probably Everyone else is a Returnee, Mahouka koukou No Rettousei, Solo Leveling, or My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending. I do like chinese novels though and still check out the new chapters of Emperor's Domination everyday.
    As for hobbies, I play games. I mostly play League of Legends though. If you want to play hit me up. Despite my name here, I'm actually pretty nice. :aww:
    Happy New Year!

13. IamWilliamGoldstein

IamWilliamGoldstein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello guys! William here or just Will for short (obviously not my real name btw)

I don"t have a lot of hobbies, just reading, reading and more reading. Other than that my hobby is writing (anything from full-length novels to short-stories and poetry).

My favourite novel on nu are Manuscript Screening Boy and Manuscript Submitting Girl and Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyusoukyoku. I pretty much read any and everything from novels to manga in almost every genre, although I've always had a soft spot for romance. So if you have any interesting recommendations for me I'll be ever so grateful.:blobsmilehappyeyes:

A (bit) late happy new year everyone!:blobparty:

14. Drake777

Drake777 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello all old but new

15. euls

euls Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    euls
    (Philippines)

Made an account here 'cause I've been reading light novels recently.
    I have an myanimelist. net acc, you can check my profile :sushi_peak: my username is also euls

16. kipsta15390

kipsta15390 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kipsta15390.
    Long time lurker of the site.
    I read basically anything and everything, continuously read one series get halfway through it get bored and move on to something else.
    The reason for me finally making an account was to post a thread in "I'm looking for"

17. Panda93

Panda93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, call me Panda, I like to read Chinese face slapping webnovels w/ female mc’s and Chinese yaoi- *for the plot*

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  18. JoeJoe

JoeJoe New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there I am new as well !

19. Elim

Elim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Elim here!

I'm an avid reader of Japanese/Chinese light novels and webnovels. I also enjoy Korean ones too! I just wish there was more translated of them. I really enjoy reading visual novels too and watching anime.

Right now I'm writing my own original novel titled "The Odyssey of Dalis" and releasing them on a daily basis for now. I hope from all the stories I've experienced I can create something that people will enjoy.

My favourite Anime: Steins;Gate Absolutely mind blowing and engaging.

Favourite Visual Novel: White Album 2. I love romance, and this realistic but dramatised love triangle takes the cake!

Favourite Chinese novel? Must say ATG. Even if it may be very generic and filled with tropes. There is a damn reason why its popular. We love this junk and ATG's author is skilled in keeping us on the edge of our seats in spite of its flaws. Yun Che is a badass!

Favourite Japanese novel? Overlord hands down. All hail Ainz-sama.

20. Rouxd

Rouxd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm Rouxd.
    I've been lurking without an account for a few days now and decided to contribute.
    My hobbies include reading and writing.
    My favorite genres are Romance, Erotica, Fantasy, Adventure, Paranormal, & Horror. I usually read a lot of MM novels but have taking quite a liking to MF historical Light Novels. (which is funny since I cannot stand most historical romance novels) I am hoping to grow my list of Light Novels and if it comes down to it, learn Korean.
    One of the first novels I have come across is "Remarried Empress". I finished reading the most current updated chapters right before it's translators announced they were dropping. I'm looking for any spoilers for those chapters now. Another favorite is "The Return of the Female Knigh"t which has been pretty fun so far. Still searching for the "A Stepmother's Marchen" novel since I happened to stumble upon it's comic the other day.

As stated above, I'm looking for translated works but also discussion and spoilers of any fun novel. Feel free to point me in the right direction. :)