Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Have fun~
    Well, he certainly behaves just like Ben! xD
    *didn't even realize that it was a song*
    *never watched the movie*

2. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I only knew about the movie from the song (which I found while watching Trigun amv's). Want link to the amv?

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I won't watch it or listen to the song anyways~

But thanks! *hugs*

mir likes this.
  4. rialm

rialm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wishing a good moment:
    My username is rialm but please call me Ria.

What are my hobbies/interests?
    I am an indecisive person. I love most things: reading books, nature (hiking, roaming, meandering, running, lying in,...), knowledge, learning, discussions, music, movies, art, technology, biology, history (especially the 4th-3rd millenium BC), philosophy,...
    Sports betting, weak MCs without strong SCs, senseless hatred, memorizing things

What genres do I read often/tags am I looking for?
    - I love overpowered MCs or OP characters in general. I respect characters that have the power to do everything but do not.
    - Unless the novel has a focus on comedy, the MC should be intelligent. This includes the ability to forsee the actions of others or at least attempting to do so. I love comedy though.
    - I do not mind violence and gore, but I feel most horror stories are boring.
    - Reading The Daily Life of the Immortal King has given me an interest in cultivation novels.
    - I do not mind harem. Recently I have been avoiding them because they often seem to make MCs act in an erratic manner and lose their intelligence.
    - I do like romance. Solely romance is boring, however, mixed with some power and action it is great! BL is welcome as well!
    - Not a fan of gender bender so far, but I have not read much gender bender yet.

What is my favourite novel/read and WHY?
    This is a difficult question. My favorite LNs at the moment are Classroom of the Elite and Irregular At Magic High School. I like the former (CotE) because of the psychological elements involved as well as the interesting, unscrupulous-seeming? main character with considerable hidden power. The highschool setting is a bonus. My highschool life was super ordinary so reading this is fun. That's one of the reasons I like IMH. Yet again a strong MC that hides his powers and experiences high school live.
    That is the segue to my favorite WN at the moment The Daily Life of the Immortal King. It features the same two elements, although the writing feels less artful (cannot complain as I am reading the translation). I enjoy the many references and modern metaphors. In general, I love references to other works ancient and modern, as well as myths, and culture.
    I have a list of favorites for WN and LN on my profile. Here I'll mention Everyone Else is a Returnee as well as Evil God Average. Enjoyed them both. For LN mentions, right now Ascendance of a Bookworm 2 Volume 3 arrived in my ebook library, therefore, I'll stop writing this post. Death March, Arifureta, how not to summon a demon lord,... <- too lazy to write explanation, I enjoyed them.

Thank you for welcoming me! I hope to find many great web novels and meet interesting people as well as YOU. I think you are probably pretty interesting. I mean you have been reading this (partially?). Haha, thank you for your time and have a wonderful moment :)
    ~rialm

UnGrave and OnceandFutureLurker like this.
  5. NorthanGool

NorthanGool New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it sounded very funny :)

6. Respy

Respy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread is really long but I don't have anything to do because I can't go out of the house so I think I will read the whole thread.
    (If there is anyone that knows a good novel with an emotionless mc please save me from this thread.)

7. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately maybe this thread and several others here are perhaps equal or greater than most good to great webnovels. And also i dont know of any novel that meets that criteria

8. Wei-Ran

Wei-Ran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nome: Ah-Ran
    Hobbies: mi piace molto leggere, guardare Anime sia giapponesi che cinesi, fare fotografie e visitare posti nuovi.
    Ultimamente mi sono appassionata al genere BL lo trovo nuovo e divertente mi piace guando c'è molto romanticismo e un po' di avventura.

9. NorthanGool

NorthanGool New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    totally agree with you!
    now everyone sits home and has nothing to do...

10. chikkarette

chikkarette Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there! I'm pretty new. Just signed on to keep track of the thigns I read, but it couldn't hurt to participate in the forums as well.
    Name: Chikka
    Hobbies & Interests: I enjoy reading LNs and manga, sometimes WNs. Sometimes, I try to write my own stories, but it's more difficult that I expected! I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I mostly work on layouting and branding, while occasionally streaming about game design.
    Genres: My favourite genres are josei, romance, comedy, and fantasy.
    Favourite Novel: That's gotta be JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World. I found the focus on sex work immediately fascinating while being very respectful, and Haru's inner thoughts were enjoyable to read. It's nice to see an isekai about sex that's also aimed at female readers. I recommend it to anyone looking for a change of pace.

11. barkbomes9

barkbomes9 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve been a hardcore manga reader and anime watcher for years and I finally think that I should get into light novels, but I’m not sure if I can transition into light novels, got any advice?

12. jealisu

jealisu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi hi! i've lurked long enough... here's my forum debut QAQ
    name: kelei (pronounced kuh-lay)
    hobbies: adding things to my future reading list, refreshing my current reading list... making food, stationery and journals
    favorites:
    • tian guan ci fu (heaven official's blessing)
    • i ship my adversary x me
    • everyone thinks that i like him
    • you boys play games very well
    please recommend 1v1 or harem bl to me ;;;; begging for (dog) food

ladadizeddie likes this.
  13. jealisu

jealisu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pay CLOSE attention to the ratings on NU, i find that they're pretty accurate. it's easier to get dragged into bad quality LN than bad quality anime/manga in my opinion. honestly, just try to find light novels that are already in genres that you like. you can even see if you can find the light novels for your favorite anime/manga as jump-off points!

14. NinjaStuff

NinjaStuff New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just call me ninja or stuff either way
    I've read Seoul station necromancer
    Lvl 1 skeleton
    And a bunch others, that's all I remember of hand hobbies, beside reading novels, video games, marital arts, reddit (is reddita hobby) ,and board games

ladadizeddie likes this.
  15. AnotherBoredPerson

AnotherBoredPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hayy!! I started to have account in NU when March. Before I just read the novel w/o made an account lol.
    My hobby... Read manga, watch anime, draw favorite character or my OC, and read LN/WN :))
    When this quarantine time, everyday I literally open the NU in my chrome

My favorites genre: action, adventure, comedy, romance (whatever but harem, I don't like harem)

My favorite novels... Hmm... I read any kind of novels.. Let's try to list them up...

JP action/adventure/isekai :
    • Tensei Shittara Slime Datta-ken
    • Overlord
    • The Girl Who Ate a Death God
    • The Girl Who Bore The Flame Ring
    • Miss Demon Maid
    • Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
    JP otome game/game/novel troupe :
    • Observation Record of a Self-proclaimed Villainess' Fiance
    • Endo and Kobayashi Live Commentary on the Villainess
    • The Villainous Daughter's Butler
    • I Don't Want to Become a Villainess, So I Aim at Becoming a Perfect Lady
    • I May be a Mob But Because My Favorite is Here...
    JP romance non-isekai, non-otome game :
    • The Probability I Can Kill My Wife Without Being Found Out
    • A Game to Make Him Fall
    • I Am a Witch Requested by My Crush to Make Love Potion
    • I Am Being Chased by a Perfectionist Man
    CN romance :
    • Please Confess to Me
    • My Wife is My Life!
    • Sinister ex-girlfriend
    • The Starlight Shine When He Comes
    • Prodigal Son
    • The Passerby I Married is The Richest Man

Is there someone that can recommend fluff 1v1 BxG romance? I'm craving for fluffiness :3

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  16. AnotherBoredPerson

AnotherBoredPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same!! Before I just read manga and watch anime. But nowadays, I addicted to read novel lol.

For you, I suggested LN/WN from your favorites series. For example: Overlord, or whatever isekai series (most of them from novel), then Rimuru-sama of course! Then that spider isekai, bunch of otome game troupe if you read the manga, etc etc

Oh well, I don't know what kind of series your liking are. So I just named that random series.

17. FluffyCAT

FluffyCAT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwoah: Welp. I've just seen this post haven't introduced myself yet. So here we go~ :blob_pompom:
    *cough* ahem~

Name: FluffyCAT, previously known as Me&BLNovels, can also be called Fluff-chan

Hobby:
    lurking, (specially at BL manga/novel forums, Bl fan chats *like shem shh~:blobshh:*) messing with my sis, shipping peeps :blobamused: and manga/novel characters tho they aren't under bl tags :blobokhand: and fluffing my cat and other peeps cat :blobReach:(or random cats i see outside).

Favorite Genres:
    Well obviously #1 is BL:blobnosebleed: and anything under it, isekai, cute/fluff, animal transformation, world-hopping, rebirth/reborn, action, horror and such.

Favorite Novel/Manga:
    :hmm: There's many its hard to choose :notlikeblob:.
    - Among my fav. Bl imma go with: Heroic Death System, I know its something heavy considering I like fluff :sweating_profusely: but this one leaves a deep impression in me (since I cried a ton whenever each arc ends :blob_teary:)
    - I also liked: Marshal, Please Calm Down, The General Likes to Collect Little Flowers, The Young General's Wife is Mr.Lucky and other such stuff :bloblove:.
    - For Non-Bl genres, I like: Beware of the Villainess, The Military Female Soldier with Unwavering Stubborness, The Novel's Extra and so on~ :blobnom:

Well that's all me for now :blobbunny: *bows*

QT Banan likes this.
  18. Astera

Astera Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same!!! Isekais have made me a novel reading addict :eek:

QT Banan and AnotherBoredPerson like this.
  19. Astera

Astera Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its cause you are so fabulous <3

20. Astera

Astera Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about harems, is that thing for you or nah?