Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to NUF

Welcome to the Forum

Hello and welcome

2. quitecontrary

quitecontrary Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm trying to rack up some posts so I can edit the spoiler list for Under the Oak tree lol

3. dirtloot

dirtloot New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, newcomer here. I’m generally fine with most genres except extreme horror and really smut novels. Hoping to get some post to do a finder for post. Unless someone can help me here.
    I think the description of the novel I was looking for was about some kid having to go the library to learn beginner magic because his magic turn out too powerful due to his golden finger. I think it was a fan fiction about Harry Potter but I honestly can’t remember.

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Try posting about it here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/forums/im-looking-for.1017/

@Welcome to NUF ~

dirtloot likes this.
  5. CarburettorThomasson

CarburettorThomasson Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried making an account called CarburetorThompson as I often use, but I messed up the password because I'm technologically inept. Also, couldn't get password recovery to work. But I'm fine with that, I'm leaning into my new identity.

I mostly read textbooks, but when my mind is rotten from reading all day, I look at some webnovels. I usually prefer medieval fantasy stories especially ones without the isekai.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Try contacting @Tony, he can change your username for you~

7. CarburettorThomasson

CarburettorThomasson Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s okay Alice. I’ve already started embracing my heritage.

Deleted member 314196 likes this.
  8. TheUwUMan

TheUwUMan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello people! I usually read whatever is good I guess, but I mainly gravitate towards xuanhuan, sci-fi and occansionally xianxia. English is my second language while mandarin (Chinese) is my mother tongue so I mainly read Chinese novels. Maybe I will help to translate a Chinese novel in the future but I am pretty lazy so that may only stay as a thought.

9. ClosetGoblin

ClosetGoblin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, y'all! I'm ClosetGoblin! I love listening to music and playing Minecraft. I usually search for yaoi on this site both because some of the books are really good, but some of the books are SO BAD. Not boring books. BAD books. I love reading bad books. I also like slow romance with sweetly written smut (it reminds me of how desolate my love life is 〒▽〒). Anyways, my favorite book is The Founder of Diabolism because, in my opinion, it's a great combination of romance and action. The characters aren't annoying (I hate annoying characters) and the book doesn't rely solely on smut. I've been lurking around the website for a while, but I've finally made an account and I'm excited to be part of the community! (´▽`ʃ♡ƪ)

10. jn00

jn00 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont know what to write here. just want say hello to everyone.

Grey_Angel likes this.
  11. Grey_Angel

Grey_Angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hellooo~

12. _EyeCandy_

_EyeCandy_ Secretly Into Sadists ヽ(*>∇<)ノ

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe I'm doing this 2 years later but.. anyway

Idk why I chose EyeCandy as my name. It's probably because I always look at attractive men all the time but that's a story for another day.

You can call me Candy :)) I'm candy made out of sriracha tho.

I love the Romance genre. It can be mixed with any genre whether historical, modern day, sci-fi, vampires, fantasy, smut *wenk wenk* etc you name it. Just NOT HAREM/NTR

Edit:

The only Harem I'll probably ever watch is Naruto doing Kage bunshin no jutsu on Hinata

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  13. Manguza

Manguza Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi i'm Mang. I love Fantasy, Xianxa, Science Fiction, etc.
    I try to stay away from BL as much as possible.
    I'm here for some rec.

14. wang linkai

wang linkai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Call me xiao gui
    Hobbies: reading and shooting

15. Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Excuse me, my English is not very good. I am not a native English speaker.

Name/Nickname: Nancy Drew.

Hobbies/interests: I often read Asian comics (mangas, manhwas, manhuas) and other comics. I sometimes watch animes, animated films, movies and TV series. I rarely read regular books, and even less often I read Asian books.

Genres and tags:
    Often: shounen, shoujo, fantasy, action, adventure, comedy, school life, gender bender, bromance, BL subtext, romance.
    Sometimes: josei, seinen, ecchi, harem, reverse harem, VRMMORPG, magical academy, psychological, sci-fi, time travel, isekai, fairy tale.
    Rarely: hentai, yaoi, shounen ai, slice of life, sports, drama, post-apocalyptic, xianxia, historical, horror, tragedy, anti-utopia, thriller, detective, black humor.

At the moment, my favorite comics are "Dusk Howler", "The Dragon Master" ("The owner of the divine dragon: The Dragon Master"), "1/2 Prince", "Casearin" ("Carsearin", "Kalsearin", "Kalsarin"), "Cultivation Chat Group", "Reader", "The Devil King Is Bored" ("The Bored Devil King"), "Silver Demon King", "Eleceed", "Noblesse", "Queen's" (2003), "Transfer Student Storm Bringer", "Detroit Metal City", "At the End of the World to Love" ("Sekainohate de Aimashou"), "Y: The Last Man".

My favorite books are "The Three Musketeers" by French author Alexandre Dumas and "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" by British author J. K. Rowling.

I also really enjoyed the books "Dusk Howler" ("더스크 하울러", 2009) by South Korean author Bak Taeseon, "The owner of the divine dragon" / "The Dragon Master" ("신룡의 주인", 2011) by South Korean author Bak Taeseon, "Game Master Mion" ("GM미온", 2006) by South Korean author Bak Taeseon, "Swallow Knights Tales" (2003) by South Korean author Kim Cheolgon, "The Founder of Diabolism" ("Mo Dao Zu Shi", 2015) by Chinese author Mo Xiang Tong Xiu, "Slayers" (1989) by Japanese author Hajime Kanzaka, "The Tale of Princess Kaguya" / "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter" (10th century) by an unknown Japanese author and "The Tale of Ochikubo" (10th century) by an unknown Japanese author.

I have read some excerpts from the novel "Dusk Howler" and I have not read the novels "The owner of the divine dragon", "Game Master Mion" and "Swallow Knights Tales" because these four books cannot be read for free on the Internet, but I really like these four books because I really enjoyed the Korean readers' feedback on these books. I really want these four books to be translated from Korean into English and find many readers in different countries of the world.

16. blinklore

blinklore Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I can’t post a thread without posts

17. Nataraja

Nataraja Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, i love psychological fictions :)

18. babanaakakajja

babanaakakajja Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: babanaakakajja
    Nickname: baba
    I like reading ebook, anyone can give me a recommendation? I also like to read manhwa's light novel (u know DITOETV is masterpiece)
    My English skill is quite bad, so I often write with google translate. Please help me if I have wrong words or grammar

Tech is life likes this.
  19. Ac03

Ac03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone!
    Name: username is ac03, but you can call me Abi, Bibi, Bb, Ac, or Beaux. Any pronouns are fine.
    Hobbies/Interests: A lot I have adhd so it tend to pick up a lot. I’m also a pretty creative person. My main ones are music(listening, singing, writing, producing, playing guitar and drums)(fave genres are kpop, emo, goth, pop, and r&b but I listen to a bit of everything), drawing/painting, history, reading manhwa/webtoons and webnovels,
    Fav Genres/tags: I am a sucker for romance fantasy. But I also especially like revenge stories. I usually look for josei/shoujou/shoujoai/yuri stories. Also I prefer stories with female protagonists. Also I love a romantic lead who’s super soft for their s/o.
    Fav Novel: Under the Oak Tree. It’s popular for a reason. Maxi is my favorite protagonist. She’s so interesting. I love how the characters in this novel are so well developed and written. They are realistic and I love it. Maxi was unfortunately ab*sed by her father. But the way she doubts herself and those around her is very similar to real accounts from victims of ab*se so I appreciate that. And her character arc and gaining strength has been so good. I’ve really been rooting for her and love seeing her gain confidence and strength. Riftan is a great lead. He’s well developed too. He’s tough and stubborn but really cares about maxi and is soft for her. And I love how the two compliment but also differ from each other. And I love seeing how they grow together and slowly learn about and understand each other a bit better. Also I love the wonderful and healthy platonic relationships in the novel. Plus on top of the incredible plot and characters there is also some spicy scenes so that’s a nice bonus.

20. Contics

Contics New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sup guys.
    Name: Contics
    Hobbies/Interest: I like tech stuff and those new decentralized tech that are all the rage these days (thanks Facebook lolz)
    Fav Genres: Isekai with tech in it.
    Favorite novel: "The Galactic Navy Officer becomes an Adventurer" It combines tech and fantasy with all the things people like about isekai (like cooking, I know you guys love it when the mc goes into that tangent lol :blob_grin:)
    By the way if anyone knows where to find the translated LN let me know thanks.