Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. ChiliJam

ChiliJam Sunflower Goddess' Devotee

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello sempais |-•)/
    Name: Chili/ Jam
    Hobbies/interests: reading novels and fairytales.
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: mystery, fantasy, historical, romance/ angst, misunderstanding, childcare.
    My favorite story would be Hansel and Gretel and my current fav manhwa would be Follow the Bread Crumbs.

2. Makasako

Makasako New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello guys.
    Name: Makasako, it's also my game id.
    Hobbies/interests: reading novels
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: mystery, fantasy, historical, BL, dark fantasy and slice of life.

3. hungry_cultivator

hungry_cultivator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sup people
    Nickname: no preference, really (this not a nickname!)
    Hobbies/Interests: The obvious ones (anime, manga and, for about a year, now, novels, videogames) and music (mainly metal, but every once in a while sometimes I also listen to some classical, blues or even hip-hop, and I also play guitar). I also picked up writing a few times in the past, but nothing much came out of it
    Favorite Genres: Action, adventure, comedy, with just a little bit of mystery in the mix. I enjoy picking up potential clues to future events
    Favorite Novel: I don't really have a favorite right now, but Solo Leveling's a bit special as it was the first one I read, after getting tired of waiting for the manhwa. I also enjoyed Tales of Demons and Gods quite a bit, with all the scheming, even though the MC was quite the know-it-all (which is understandable for anyone who actually read the first few chapters)
    Next Novel: Re:Zero, although I've been resisting the urge to pick up Omniscient Reader from where the manhwa currently is

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    @hello no preference, really (this not a nickname!), @Welcome to NUF! ^^)/

I hope you have fun in this crazy place~

hungry_cultivator likes this.
  5. MessyMind

MessyMind Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Greetings Everyone!
    MessyMind here!
    My hobbies would be; reading, listening to music, Mess up my life, Read again, mess up my mind, Simp on characters, mess up my future, simp on second male leads and read some more.
    I am currently into reading historical fantasy romance with regression, villainess, reincarnation, transmigration as tags. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated
    As for favourite novel I'm having a hard time deciding which one, since I like all the novels I read so far. I don't like having to answer that question unless you guys want an in-depth conversation and help me realize what novel I should hail as my all time favourite.
    As of right now I'm just waiting here for the chapter updates and looking for a new novel to binge read and scrolling down on Spoilers.
    Well then, I'm off!
    *Disappears*

6. Plooff

Plooff Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname: Plooff or fluffy!
    Genres/tag: I prefer quick wears/quick transmigration for a fast pace plots since I'm only there for the plot and progression. I can fill in the scenes in my own imagination and prolly in my dreams. I also look for modern and entertainment industry tags but a lot of BL pops up so I also tried that genre and I don't regret it! A lot of BL have better plots than BG particularly in modern settings. There's also interstellar and slice of life!
    My favorite novels are Quick Transmigration, Male God Come Here and Heroic Death System! They're fast-paced and angsty! And I don't care how repetitive the plots are! There's also Coming of the Villain Boss for fun, Side Character Transmigrations: The Final Boss is No Joke for the slow romance and unconventional way of cheating the plot, and Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil for obvious reasons!
    Thank you for having me!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  7. Mydernum

Mydernum Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Deleted member 441894

Deleted member 441894 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is the first place newcomers go?
    Name's Raining cats, people can call me 'Rain'

Been using NU for years now just to see the top novels, but just recently decided to register an account ...
    •I am an offline reader, I read novels through EPubs, PDFs and mainly listen them through TTS (text-to-speech)
    •I very rarely read books through sight since it would be inconvenient for me while working and whatnot...

Although I use Epub files that is mostly been scraped on sites, I hope people here would not shun me (i think there would be)... I'm relatively new to this community and idk the people here, I hope we'd get along.

ChiliJam likes this.
  9. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Mr Gentleman
    Tbh I feel like dying from cringe whenever I see my own account name. Idk what witchcraft I was affected by to choose a name like this.:bloborz: so embarrassing.......
    Been reading wn for more than 5 years. Although the number of novels I have finished can be counted with one hand. I'm an extremely picky reader. I drop novel more than I read:cookie:.
    :derpyblob: I'm a pirate too bruh. It's just convenient to read stuff offline. I mostly use epubs and whenever I use pdf I do the same as you, use TTS.

Deleted member 441894 likes this.
  10. curly _tea

curly _tea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!
    I'm Curly Tea. I was drinking tea when I made this account. :blob_coffee:

I actually started reading webtoons and novels in the past year. I somehow crawled out of whichever rock I was under to discover all these amazing stories. I got started with Remarried Empress and it's been down the rabbit hole ever since. It's still one of my favorite webtoon.

I love Isekai/reincarnation stories, especially stories with a strong FL. I tend to go for those in manhwa and in Chinese novels. I like novels with regrets and angst too but usually ones with a happy ending (and in moderation). More than anything, I love spoilers so spoil me!

11. Rachco

Rachco Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!
    My name is Rachco, a random username.
    I started reading novels with kusuriya no hitorigoto, and fell in love with it.

I really like romance and mystery novels.

12. Deleted member 445404

Deleted member 445404 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Love
    Hobbies: reading,eating,sleeping, watching movies and singing ( even i dont have a good voice!:whistle:)

13. Dunkin_Donuts

Dunkin_Donuts Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm Dunkin, named after my favourite chain.
    I'm they/them.
    I love playing mafia and reading seinen manga.

14. BananaBasket

BananaBasket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: banana
    Hobbies: reading web novels, I like a slice of life and romance with a reincarnation or transmigration. I'm also trying to learn all the cool functions of NU. also I'm a procrastinator and trying to pass my final exams which are coming up in like 6 weeks so just a little stressed too.

15. Asari

Asari Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello~ I'm Asari. I like to read novel and manga. My type of manga is slice of life or somthing that fluffy my heart becuase i really suffer from real life ㅠㅠㅠ

16. nopetee

nopetee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, Nope here.
    My hobbies are hopping between gaming and reading, sometimes I draw.
    I like the kind of "enemies to love/friend" , bickering couple, but stay away from over greasy cheese plots.
    Sometimes I can be quite picky and often times skip through what people say good novel instead. Mostly in NU for danmei.

17. delete12345

delete12345 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello.

I'm just here to enjoy reading some web novels. Don't have much to say.

I guess I do. I typically gear towards tactical novels, involving logical reasoning/deductions/strategy planning/kingdom building type novels.

18. luvtoread

luvtoread New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helo,

I am LuvtoRead.

My hobby is gaming and reading comic. Recently found light novel and I have been hooked since! Currently reading the Return of Mount Hua Sect.

Grandpa_World likes this.
  19. vithc

vithc eternity's nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I'm a bit late but hiya, I'm vithc. I've actually been lurking around NU/NUF for a while (′▽`〃) mm well, nice to meet everyone!

My hobbies include reading (books, manhwa/huas, WNs), watching anime, chill comedy shows and youtube (commentary/reddit and gaming - bc i can't play the games myself *coughs* Elden Ring rn *sobs*)

My fav read is TCF, it's my first webnovel and I'm a basic biased b-- I like fantasy, xianxia, and a bit of modern-life, but I'd read pretty much anything as long as they have likeable characters

I didn't know this thread existed before but it's really wholesome~ Very cool, op ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

20. faxel

faxel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,

Name: faxel
    Hobbies: read novels, watch figure skating, and go ice skating
    Genres: ALL, as long as the novel has a good plot
    Favorite Novels: I have many, just to name a few - Flying Gulls Never Land, Thousand Autumns, Heaven Official's Blessing, The Founder of Diabolism

I'm looking forward to learns with everyone here. ^^

Lissi likes this.